LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 175 users in the forums

Do we lose our toughness if guys like Martin & Gabbert make the team? 

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What other guys do you suspect are "fake tough guys" as Richard Sherman put it, that could effect our bully brand of football?

Do the rookies bring that, or can they be taught how to play 49er football? Kaep is a beast at the QB position, plays fear free which allows him to dominate/be effective with his legs as well as his arm.

I am hoping guys like Tank & Dial will set a tone when asked to step in, seems like these guys fit in well!

Your thoughts?
Do we lose our reputation for intelligent analysis if we let threads like this make the Board?
Absolutely. WHO'S GOT MORE SISSIES THAN US?!?! NOOOOOOOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't think backups really count when it comes to setting the tone for a team....certainly not your back up QB. I dont think Tank, and Dial or guys like Skov and Ward are going to let us down in the agression department. Hyde runs just as savage as Gore ever did and Rookie recievers can't go wrong learning from Bolden on how to be tough as nails. I would say you are worrying a little to much....as long as our coach and gm continue to share the philosophy of being hard nosed fighters we will bring in more than enough guys who are here to play football like it was intended.
f**k Richard Sherman.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
What other guys do you suspect are "fake tough guys" as Richard Sherman put it, that could effect our bully brand of football?

Do the rookies bring that, or can they be taught how to play 49er football? Kaep is a beast at the QB position, plays fear free which allows him to dominate/be effective with his legs as well as his arm.

I am hoping guys like Tank & Dial will set a tone when asked to step in, seems like these guys fit in well!

Your thoughts?

Dude they're 2 bubble players on offense. No.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Do we lose our reputation for intelligent analysis if we let threads like this make the Board?

Do we look like we are lost in the conversation regarding the teams biggest strength "toughness" over the past 3 years?

You are probably a very smart person, but you aren't as smart as you think you are.
Originally posted by eonblue:

Your thoughts?

Dude they're 2 bubble players on offense. No.

Those two players would more than likely play at some point this year if they made the team. We aren't used to being pushed around in the pocket or having a QB that lets fear control his game.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Aug 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM ]
NEOriginally posted by glorydayz:
Do we look like we are lost in the conversation regarding the teams biggest strength "toughness" over the past 3 years?

You are probably a very smart person, but you aren't as smart as you think you are.

I thought it was funny. I was actually going to comment in the same sarcastic manner but decided it was more constructive to acknowledge your question even if it was nonsensical.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Don't think backups really count when it comes to setting the tone for a team....certainly not your back up QB. I dont think Tank, and Dial or guys like Skov and Ward are going to let us down in the agression department. Hyde runs just as savage as Gore ever did and Rookie recievers can't go wrong learning from Bolden on how to be tough as nails. I would say you are worrying a little to much....as long as our coach and gm continue to share the philosophy of being hard nosed fighters we will bring in more than enough guys who are here to play football like it was intended.

I hear you, but let's look at last season; remember when Ian Williams went down and we didn't miss a beat with Dorsey? Now imagine if we lose a O-lineman and Martin has to play the whole season? Would we lose any toughness?

• Giedi
  • Veteran

Your thoughts?

walsh didn't look that tough but was a golden gloves competitor.
No. We lose our toughness with each LMJ tweet.

/thread.
Those two players would more than likely play at some point this year if they made the team. We aren't used to being pushed around in the pocket or having a QB that lets fear control his game.

Lol. We're not used to be pushed around in the pocket? Uh I retort with Mike Iupati in pass pro and Davis in the 4th qtr against Seattle in the NFCCG. You might want to reevaluate your line theory because the interior has two new starters and Iupati. Derz goona b sum leaks. That what's do funny about your post. Martins toughness is literally tthe least important thing on my list of oline problems.

BTW we should give both oif them some time. New system, new coaches. Its honestly selling our coaches short to say these guys are lost causes.

1 preseason game people. Let's remember that.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
No. We lose our toughness with each LMJ tweet.

/thread.

This is true.
Originally posted by eonblue:

Lol. We're not used to be pushed around in the pocket? Uh I retort with Mike Iupati in pass pro and Davis in the 4th qtr against Seattle in the NFCCG. You might want to reevaluate your line theory because the interior has two new starters and Iupati. Derz goona b sum leaks. That what's do funny about your post. Martins toughness is literally tthe least important thing on my list of oline problems.

BTW we should give both oif them some time. New system, new coaches. Its honestly selling our coaches short to say these guys are lost causes.

1 preseason game people. Let's remember that.

We had the 3rd ranked rushing attack in the NFL last year and you choose to point to one game as your evidence show how we got pushed around last year? We had one of the best O-lines in football last year. Also, in that same Championship game you are speaking of Kap ran for 130 yards!
Share 49ersWebzone