LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 376 users in the forums

Which player are you most eager to see in the preseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which player are you most eager to see in the preseason?

I'm excited to see Blaine Gabbert. I think he'll have some success considering he has starting experience and he's being guided by Harbaugh now, plus it also helps that he's about to go against scrubs!

I think he's going to be the surprise player for tonight.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm excited to see Blaine Gabbert. I think he'll have some success considering he has starting experience and he's being guided by Harbaugh now, plus it also helps that he's about to go against scrubs!

Totally forgot about him lol. Should be interesting!

Thats right Im excited about him. If he plays well he could have tremendous trade value in the future or could help us if god forbid kap gets hurt for a little bit.
  • Taco
  • Veteran
I'm interested in the oline position battles because it all starts up front with the big uglies. Will looney make Boone expendable? Can Kilgore take over that center position or will Marcus Martin win the center job by the end of camp. Last year our center got blown up and pushed backwards on far to many run plays.
Slot cb is another good battle to watch with lots of competition ward has the advantage of being a 1st round pick but cox and Morris have recieved praise as well. How will Acker Dante Johnson and Chris cook do on the outside tonight will be telling as well. All in all I see a lot of playing time for yonger guys.
Tank
Ward
Hyde
LAWRENCE OKOYE!!!!!!
Originally posted by Taco:
I'm interested in the oline position battles because it all starts up front with the big uglies. Will looney make Boone expendable? Can Kilgore take over that center position or will Marcus Martin win the center job by the end of camp. Last year our center got blown up and pushed backwards on far to many run plays.
Slot cb is another good battle to watch with lots of competition ward has the advantage of being a 1st round pick but cox and Morris have recieved praise as well. How will Acker Dante Johnson and Chris cook do on the outside tonight will be telling as well. All in all I see a lot of playing time for yonger guys.

Im with you on that oline position battles.
Lynch, dontea, tank and dial.
Originally posted by TheGoldMineSF:
LAWRENCE OKOYE!!!!!!

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Tank
Ward
Hyde

Two back ups and a part timer? JK...I'm looking forward to seeing them as well!

• Phil
  • Veteran

I was hoping the same. Was let down. I've been thinking, you know, perhaps the man needs more time but playing that bad against second string guys after having so many downs played in the NFL is just, well, bad. 3 more games to get it straight.... I wouldn't feel comfortable AT ALL with him as our back up at the moment. If Kap gets hurt even for 1 or 2 games we'd be screwed because we need as many wins as we can get for homefield in the playoffs. I'm hoping he can turn it around quick but the decisions he made in the pocket were just BAD.
Gabbert = underwhelming
Johnson = decent to good

Of course, Johnson knows Harbaugh and is more familiar with the system...still...
Hyde
Ward
Carradine
Dial
Ellington
Originally posted by Phil:

I was hoping the same. Was let down. I've been thinking, you know, perhaps the man needs more time but playing that bad against second string guys after having so many downs played in the NFL is just, well, bad. 3 more games to get it straight.... I wouldn't feel comfortable AT ALL with him as our back up at the moment. If Kap gets hurt even for 1 or 2 games we'd be screwed because we need as many wins as we can get for homefield in the playoffs. I'm hoping he can turn it around quick but the decisions he made in the pocket were just BAD.

At least I was right about Gabbert being the surprise player of the night....surprisingly bad that is.
Share 49ersWebzone