LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Hall of Fame LB, Patrick Willis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
In their primes, i still take Willis over Bowman.

Bowman wouldn't be what he was without Willis.

Don't @ Me. lol
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
In their primes, i still take Willis over Bowman.

Bowman wouldn't be what he was without Willis.

Don't @ Me. lol

I think the majority on here would agree with you.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'm NOT even sure why this was ever a topic between Will and Bow.
Originally posted by 9moon:

Well, i only say this because i recall when Bowman was in his prime, i know plenty of people who would say Bowman is better than Willis.

So i only assume, we have some fans on here who probably still believed that.

Just wanted to put it out there.

Well, i only say this because i recall when Bowman was in his prime, i know plenty of people who would say Bowman is better than Willis.

At face value it was true. Bow at his prime, in that very moment, probably was marginally better only because Willis already had quite a few years under his belt and was dealing with the turf toe issue. But prime vs prime, Willis>Bow and it's not even close.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

At face value it was true. Bow at his prime, in that very moment, probably was marginally better only because Willis already had quite a few years under his belt and was dealing with the turf toe issue. But prime vs prime, Willis>Bow and it's not even close.

Bow had better instincts...Willis was a superior athlete. Bow was putting up Willis numbers when the team was stacked, Willis was putting up his elite numbers on bad teams. Bow made more big plays and Willis was a tackle machine.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

Bow had better instincts...Willis was a superior athlete. Bow was putting up Willis numbers when the team was stacked, Willis was putting up his elite numbers on bad teams. Bow made more big plays and Willis was a tackle machine.

Well said, i can agree with that. That's why when we had both of them together they were Elite.
When Bowman was out playing Willis, Willis was playing out of position because he could still play that position better than anyone else on the team. Sometimes you don't put the best guy on the field where they thrive statistically because they still help the team somewhere else more.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
When Bowman was out playing Willis, Willis was playing out of position because he could still play that position better than anyone else on the team. Sometimes you don't put the best guy on the field where they thrive statistically because they still help the team somewhere else more.

Whoa, where have you been hiding.
If Jesus and Superman had a fight who would win?

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
If Jesus and Superman had a fight who would win?

Gotta go with the more realistic of the two so I'm going superman
Maybe he'll come out of retirement for our 6th superbowl
I want to give Willis and Gore an honorary ring if we win it all. They sacrificed a lot for this team. Would be so cool.
  • eman
  • Veteran
Ahhhhhh!! Willis is my fav 49er of all time

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:

JOHN TAYLOR having a better hands than Jerry Rice did not make him THE better WR.
Share 49ersWebzone