NFCW 2014 finishing order

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • lazy
  • Veteran
1. 49ers
2. Cards
3. Seahawks
4. Rams
Prediction threads... Ahhhh let the bias take you in!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by DavidWGibson:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This year we start with Boldin-Crabtree-Johnson. If you honestly cannot see the upgrade there, then you're not worth talking to.

Good. Stop talking to me.

You downplay the talent on both the Cards and the Rams when basically every expert agrees they've improved.

We haven't won less than 11 games since Harbaugh has been here and we haven't loss more than 4 games. There is absolutely NO WAY we lose 5 games for the first time under Harbaugh with one of the two most talented rosters in all of the NFL in what will be a formidable home field advantage at Levi

of course there is a way, its the nfl, qb gets hurt cus the RT missed a block and now blaine gabbert is your starter. its not likely but from my exp following this league, the minute you start acting like something has zero chance of happening, thats when it usually does. for example 12 months ago you could probably find people saying there is NO WAY houston starts out 2-0 and then drops 14 straight, but thats what happened.
Originally posted by crabman82:
of course there is a way, its the nfl, qb gets hurt cus the RT missed a block and now blaine gabbert is your starter. its not likely but from my exp following this league, the minute you start acting like something has zero chance of happening, thats when it usually does. for example 12 months ago you could probably find people saying there is NO WAY houston starts out 2-0 and then drops 14 straight, but thats what happened.

So damn true. Chaos.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
This year we start with Boldin-Crabtree-Johnson. If you honestly cannot see the upgrade there, then you're not worth talking to.

Good. Stop talking to me.

You downplay the talent on both the Cards and the Rams when basically every expert agrees they've improved.

We haven't won less than 11 games since Harbaugh has been here and we haven't loss more than 4 games. There is absolutely NO WAY we lose 5 games for the first time under Harbaugh with one of the two most talented rosters in all of the NFL in what will be a formidable home field advantage at Levi

I hope you're right... Just seems to me like expectations this year should be dialed down.

If it makes everyone feel better, I see us taking the division next year, with a SB win.
[ Edited by DavidWGibson on Jul 22, 2014 at 12:27 PM ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Prediction threads... Ahhhh let the bias take you in!

HOMEREXCUSES!!!!!

I was born in Chico, went to Tijuana one time with some yuppie Mexican friends and one the way home we were 18 and had been drinking heavily and the US Border Police asked everyone random questions and he turns to me and asked....."where were you born"...... I said "Chico Papi" and he looked at me crazy.......my friends got all scared over nothing....

I know, cool story, but it's not cooler than being from Chico.....
Let me put it this way then. There is absolutely NO way anyone should be PREDICTING this team to lose 5 games or more when we have already sustained success three years straight with lesser rosters. We are not the average ball club. Not even close! We've been 13-3 11-4-1 and 12-4 and in two of those seasons we were extremely limited at WR. We are loaded there this season. Weve been through injuries QB changes tacky officiating and hostile road game environments. We are still here loaded with even more talent than before and a singular committment to winning. There is a reason Jim was ranked as the third best coach in the NFL after only his third season. It is because he wins. Why with this talent and a favorable schedule as opposed to our NFC foes are we going to third in the division? Yes something freaky can happen but I expect us to be among the very best teams this season once more. Nothing less than 12 wins is my expectation especially with the offensive firepower we are set to unleash this year. I called it last year early on that we would be better in 2014 than 2013 because I knew we had draft ammo and Crabtree would be healthy. I didn't predict us to absolutely smash this offseason like we did but I knew the 90 man talent this camp would be better than last year and I think this is pretty accurate. Let's go!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 22, 2014 at 9:20 PM ]
SF, SEA, ARI, STL
  • Phil
  • Veteran
I really hate to say this, but I have the Niners dropping (on paper, and mostly because our division is so good).

1. Seattle
2. Arizona
3. Niners - Somewhere around 10 wins like AZ last season.
4. StL - 9-7

Injury to Bowman, Smith can't get his head right, our secondary doesn't look too good on paper... It looks like we're going to give up more points and have to rely on our offense. The problem with that is our "upgraded" receiving core isn't really upgraded... Brandon Lloyd has been out of the game and Stevie Johnson disappoints more often than people realize.

Our division is crazy strong defensively, with some of the best DLs in the game AND the best DBs to boot. Out of all the teams in our division, we're the only team to have gotten worse on defense.

Is it possible our offense ends up becoming some crazy Packers offense? Sure, and I hope it happens. But Roman better dial up some better plays in the red zone. Not to mention the disconnect between HB and the Front Office...

Not sure if I already quoted this madness but this is madness. Our WR core IS BEAST this season. Get outta here with that nonsense.
I really hate to say this, but I have the Niners dropping (on paper, and mostly because our division is so good).

1. Seattle
2. Arizona
3. Niners - Somewhere around 10 wins like AZ last season.
4. StL - 9-7

Injury to Bowman, Smith can't get his head right, our secondary doesn't look too good on paper... It looks like we're going to give up more points and have to rely on our offense. The problem with that is our "upgraded" receiving core isn't really upgraded... Brandon Lloyd has been out of the game and Stevie Johnson disappoints more often than people realize.

Our division is crazy strong defensively, with some of the best DLs in the game AND the best DBs to boot. Out of all the teams in our division, we're the only team to have gotten worse on defense.

Is it possible our offense ends up becoming some crazy Packers offense? Sure, and I hope it happens. But Roman better dial up some better plays in the red zone. Not to mention the disconnect between HB and the Front Office...

OK, I was with you on a few points but you're just flat out wrong to say our WR core isn't upgraded. Last year, we had freaking Kyle Williams and Marlon Moore behind Boldin to start the season. Just having a healthy, 100% Crabtree (which we didn't see last year) is already an upgrade. Then you add a guy who has consistently produced as a #1 WR nearly his entire career as your #3 WR and that's gravy.

Now with that said, I do share many of your concerns, particularly on defense - Bowman out half the season is huge, no sugar coating it. I thought he was our best defensive player last year and no doubt his presence will be missed.

Aldon's situation, I'm glad it's resolved legally but I'm still scared about what Goodell will do. Hoping it's a 4 game suspension tops and Aldon can keep his nose out trouble. Best case scenario.

And yes, on paper, secondary looks shaky. Hoping they can surprise those of us that have doubts.

Whatever struggles we may experience (defensively) in the beginning, I expect by midseason when the gang is back we'll get back in full gear.

NFC West may be the best division in football (debatable) but all of the teams have flaws bro, we're not the only ones.

Seattle didn't get significantly worse but they didn't get better either - they loss plenty of key contributors especially on defense, they'll enter the season as the team to beat, and if the NFL's supposedly stricter stance on PI comes to fruition, they'll have to adjust what makes them so special.

AZ will definitely miss that tandem of Dansby and Washington. And outside Rams' DL, nothing else is remotely scary about that team - you're getting caught up in the offseason hype.

SF 12-4
SEA 12-4
AZ 9-7
STL 8-8
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Jul 22, 2014 at 10:43 PM ]

^^ lol thank you. I'm not the only one who thought the "Our WR core is not upgraded" comment to be utterly ridiculous.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
SF: 14-2
ARI: 10-6
SEA: 9-7
STL: 6-10

Other Divsion Winners:
WAS: 11-5 (wort to first)
ATL: 12-4 (worst to first)
GB: 13-3

We then have home field advantage..

This sums it up quite well.
I really hate to say this, but I have the Niners dropping (on paper).

1. Seattle
2. Arizona
3. Niners
4. StL

How is the WR core not upgraded? Regardless of how you feel about Johnson, he's a proven player with multiple 1,000 yard seasons. He's a career #1 wideout who is now our #3. That's an incredible luxury. Patton will improve on his rookie year. Ellington is getting rave reviews. We begin the season with a healthy Boldin and Crab. Again, how on earth is the WR core NOT upgraded?

Our division is crazy overrated defensively IMO. Sure, the Seahawks and 49ers are legit defensively, but AZ and STL are getting way overhyped. Let's break it down:

AZ just lost what made their defense special...the ILB duo of Dansby and Washington. Dansby is in Cleveland, and Washington is suspended for the year. Taking their place is Larry Foote and Kevin Minter. They're also depending on a 36 year old John Abraham to provide most of the pass rush. Yikes.

STL's defense has a strong d-line....and that's it. The LBs and secondary are very inconsistent. Robert Quinn was the only starter on STL that graded out positively in PFFs ratings. Now they hire Greg Williams to install his ultra aggressive blitzing defense. Want to take a guess which 2 QBs had the highest QB rating against the blitz last year? Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson. Uh-oh

This division is still all about the 49ers and Seahawks. They've got the best talent, coaches, quarterbacks, and defenses in the division.

What are you breaking down? I said our division has some of the best DLs and DBs.

The Cards had the best DL in the NFL. And Cromartie and Peterson had something like 6th most INTs. I guess Okafor and Acho, who were injured 2013, suck at OLB, though, since you forgot about them... The only question marks they have are at ILB... Too bad you have to throw into their pass defense at some point.

The Rams have a good DL (Quinn AND Long) and a young DB core entering their 3rd(?) year under a great defensive minded HC... But the Rams still fall 4th in our division... Don't know why I'm even responding to this one...

Our LB core is comprised of an injury and a head case, our DBs are downgraded... And no, our WR core is not "upgraded..." Stevie Johnson ONLY had 1000 yard seasons because he was the only receiving target in Buffalo, and Brandon Lloyd is pretty much done with football and a locker room cancer. Just because our #1 and #2 are "healthy," and a 2nd year + rookie are doing well in camp doesn't mean we've "upgraded" our WR core.

I'm just being realistic here. We are in the toughest division in the NFL and the Cards and Rams are only getting better. The Seahawks are just as strong as last season. We seem to be the team in the division that has the most to lose, and we've got injuries, mental health issues, aging core players, an OC that goes full Rainman in the Redzone, and a rift between the HC and front office. If any team is going to implode, it's going to be ours. I think a 10-6 season is about where we'll end up. I hope it's better, but all things considered, I don't think 10-6 is a bad place to be.

You keep mentioning a disconnect or rift between Harbaugh, or HB as you seem to call him, and the front office. I have to assume you are either related to the Cohen's or in reality you are trolling. Because if you do a little research this one has been shown up as off-season invention and exaggeration.

I don't understand the comment about Stevie only getting those 1,000 yard seasons because he was the only receiving threat. Did he not still have to get open? Did he not still have to catch the ball? And most importantly if he was indeed the only receiving threat why didn't opponents put double coverage on him and take him out of the game?

Ageing core players? Most 49ers fans have been observing the way Baalke has manoeuvred to get replacements ready for the few core players who are ageing. Center, running back, de, check it out.

Mental health issues? Sorry, this is just trolling. Stop.
Well, after looking at our schedule this year.

I feel like we could finish 12-4, if we really win the games I think we could win as well, I'd say 14-2.

The only ones I feel like we could lose is in Denver, in Seattle, and In New Orleans if we sack drew brees they'll jus call penaltys all day, and maybe, just maybe one in Arizona. But I like our chances in that one.

barring we don't go through anymore huge injuries this season.

Man I'm exicted, but worried at the sametime, Hate that we don't have Bowman with us, but we will see Willis making more plays if he's going to slip Into that slot for bowman.

And, Just waiting to see what they're going to rule for Aldon's suspension, I'm hoping no more than 1 or 2 games.

Make it 0 if possible lol

Either way, Football season is 2 weeks ago, I include preseason (football is football)

But Arizona 9-7

Seattle 8-8

Rams 7-9
[ Edited by NinerDreamer11 on Jul 23, 2014 at 6:47 AM ]
Dang,English, that is the one funniest clip ever shown. I laugh every time I see it and always wonder...just WTF was going thru his head at the particular moment he ducked his head to miss get stoned? I mean , you would expect a WR to at least throw his hands up in the air, or something, right? But this is just hilarious. I suspect he would love to see this clip disappear.

And whoever is picking SEA to go 8-8, I will take that bet. They are great at everything, but excel at...HOLDING. And that is a big advantage. I can't wait to see my first SEA game this yr. I will bet anything they hold like mothers...once again this yr. But it will be fascinating to see where the refs draw the line. Last year...well last year and holding in SEA was a NFL joke. Yes they changed the rule...but will refs really call SEA on it?
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jul 24, 2014 at 2:38 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone