LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

training camp rookie you most look forward to hearing good things about: who and why.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
who: ellington

why: because we sooo need a speedy, pass-catching playmaker.

who ya got?

Marcus Martin, because the O-line is the lifeblood of this offense and I want to see him win the job over Kilgore. He's the more talented player, just a matter of showing he's ready for the job.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Who: Carlos Hyde

Why: Because he's going to be Gore's successor. Great runner with an attitude.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jul 16, 2014 at 11:35 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Marcus Martin, because the O-line is the lifeblood of this offense and I want to see him win the job over Kilgore. He's the more talented player, just a matter of showing he's ready for the job.

have to agree. to me, kilgore's strengths fit a zone-blocking o-line more than a brute-strength o-line. martin will not get walked back to the qb.
  • thl408
Tank. That DL needs a second dominant force besides Aldon. Tank needs to show glimpses that he has the ability to take the torch from Justin.
  • thl408
Damn, I guess Tank isn't a rookie. oops

Marcus Martin. Shore up the interior.
[ Edited by thl408 on Jul 16, 2014 at 11:22 PM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Martin or Ward. I wanna see Ellington ball out because I'm excited to see what he brings for the future, but the dude probably won't play a snap at WR this season.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Tank. That DL needs a second dominant force besides Aldon. Tank needs to show glimpses that he has the ability to take the torch from Justin.

especially since he was a draft pick that did nothing for a year, while other teams got varying degrees of value from their 2013 2nd rd picks. maybe we win the 2013 season super bowl with robert woods or kiko alonso.
red-shirt picks have to pay off well as soon as they hit the field, or it's a big loss; just too much time lost to nonproductivity.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
Martin or Ward. I wanna see Ellington ball out because I'm excited to see what he brings for the future, but the dude probably won't play a snap at WR this season.

oh, i wanna see lots of 3rd down and return opportunities at the very least.
Greg Roman -
to see if the offense has changed

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Greg Roman -
to see if the offense has changed

oh, he's going to run screens to ellington out of the backfield, right? lol. preposterous!
Who: Ward

Why: Because he's our 1st rd pick and is expected to perform this season and because I think he'll be a ballhawk for us and do for us what Thomas does for the Cawks
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Who: Ward

Why: Because he's our 1st rd pick and is expected to perform this season and because I think he'll be a ballhawk for us and do for us what Thomas does for the Cawks

i wonder when he'll be physically full-go
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Ward - one of my favorite players in the draft

Lattimore & Tank are rookies too - and I'm very much looking fwd to seeing them contribute this season. Tank can really help us out this year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Aren't you going to critique me too, xcfan.
Share 49ersWebzone