There are 192 users in the forums

What if Vernon Davis refuses to play under the terms of his current contract?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erred:
VD and a few others have sold stock in themselves as players. This is a very risky business, as someone might have purchased his future, thus meaning he has already been paid, and he needs a raise otherwise his salary goes towards that individual. It is crazy people invest in future contracts of sports players, but I guess there is money to be made.

Thanks for clearing it up. I was wondering how this whole stock thing worked.
florio, cohn & ratto will have a 3-way...no lube

/thread
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
florio, cohn & ratto will have a 3-way...no lube

/thread

Somewhere out there, Kawakami is fapping to this.
Then f**k him and the horse he rode in on. You don't try to take the money that Kaepernick left on the table when CK signed an obvious below market deal so the team could keep key players with expiring contracts. To me he's basically saying "screw the team I want mine". Sayonara b***h.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jun 17, 2014 at 1:40 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by dave1003:
What I don't understand is why the hell is the greedy b*****d holding out with 2 years left on his contract?? He already admitted it's all about the money but he forfeits 200k for not attending mini camp.

VD and a few others have sold stock in themselves as players. This is a very risky business, as someone might have purchased his future, thus meaning he has already been paid, and he needs a raise otherwise his salary goes towards that individual. It is crazy people invest in future contracts of sports players, but I guess there is money to be made.

Baalke is about to pop that retarded ass bubble.
More receptions for Ellington!
Nothing will hurt his brand more than not receiving those game checks.

Zero leverage! Get back to work and be thankful you're getting paid top dollar.
Stevie Johnson and Patton will pick up the slack. They too can beat safeties and gain separation. Plus, they have reliable hands.
Then he'll be out alot of earnings. Maybe he wants out of his FANTEX deal. So the best thing for his brand is to hurt it?
Matt Barrows made a good point when he said that forfeiting the $200k isn't a big deal for Vernon since he's likely made more than that from other sources in the offseason, so this holdout really is a low risk/possible high reward scenario for Vernon. That said, I still think it's misguided and he shouldn't be asking for more $$.

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by buck:
oh, yeah we need a new thread to talk about Vernon and his holdout.

Agree.
Share 49ersWebzone