LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

DB Dontae Johnson North Carolina State

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
If there's one person I legit hate on this team it's this guy.

I dislike Pettis
I dislike ST

I f**king HATE Dontae. Does this f**king guy even have an NFL highlight tape? Can anyone name one good play off the top of their head?

You don't even know why you hate him... maybe because he's a familiar name of the old era, and you're angry about something else regarding the team?.. but take it out on the easy target?

Not many highlights with Dontae... but like Ahkello, he got embarrassed by DeAndre Hopkins.. and lost his spot.

Dontae is tall and fast.. but he didn't develop like Ahkello... he could cover his guy (besides Hopkins), but he never turned his head. So no chances at INTS or anything. Nothing flashy. You knew what you were going to get.

But that was back then...I don't know how he is now. He's traveled a bit. But even this couching staff has brought him back twice now.

Pretty easy to bring back a subpar CB who knows the system vs a subpar CB that has to start from the beginning.
There's literally no one else to pick up so might as well pick up someone with some familiarity
Originally posted by wailers15:
Pretty easy to bring back a subpar CB who knows the system vs a subpar CB that has to start from the beginning.
There's literally no one else to pick up so might as well pick up someone with some familiarity

What?

It's a conscious choice to keep bringing him back year after year after year. There's endless opportunities to try and upgrade so you never have to even entertain bringing his name up in personnel meetings.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by wailers15:

What?

It's a conscious choice to keep bringing him back year after year after year. There's endless opportunities to try and upgrade so you never have to even entertain bringing his name up in personnel meetings.

Lol I love it. Indeed NC I am with ya. I just think the Niners were and are being lazy.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Desmond Trufant
Morris Claiborne
Prince Amukamara

Are all there for the taking. Shoot I'd even sign Trumaine Johnson over Witherspoon and Dontae Johnson, I really wish they would!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Desmond Trufant
Morris Claiborne
Prince Amukamara

Are all there for the taking. Shoot I'd even sign Trumaine Johnson over Witherspoon and Dontae Johnson, I really wish they would!!!

This. Definition of insanity with Johnson
Desmond Trufant
Morris Claiborne
Prince Amukamara

Agreed
Originally posted by lamontb:
Desmond Trufant
Morris Claiborne
Prince Amukamara

Agreed

Please someone, anyone
Desmond Trufant
Morris Claiborne
Prince Amukamara

Dude Johnson is worse than spoon.

Claiborne lmao are you serious???? He's Dontae Johnson 2.0
Prince: he's so slow. Too slow to play.

I hear ya though man. Anyone but this bum.
[ Edited by wailers15 on Oct 6, 2020 at 7:32 PM ]
hes injured so prolly won't play. Spoon and Varrett as two main CBs and slot as the random guy named Shark that got a sack last game. Praying Eman clears concussion protocol.
I'm amazed how this defensive coaching staff continues to find good slot Corners. Dude played well.

Any questions K. Williams fans?!

Originally posted by Niner4ever:
I'm amazed how this defensive coaching staff continues to find good slot Corners. Dude played well.

Sarcasm?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Sarcasm?
Hope you saw the game and are not trolling.

Dude played well in the slot.

Sarcasm?
Hope you saw the game and are not trolling.

Dude played well in the slot.

I guess we have different definitions of playing well. He made a few nice plays and a boundary corner moving to the slot is never easy so I give him kudos for that.
I guess we have different definitions of playing well. He made a few nice plays and a boundary corner moving to the slot is never easy so I give him kudos for that.
Yeah, he played well in the slot tonight. He has looked terrible out wide before. Maybe this is his spot. Sherman sucked and lost the defensive game tonight.
He wasnt the problem. Aside from a missed tackle on the sidelines I have zero issues with his performance. No defensive back in this league can cover a receiver for 5+ seconds. I like our secondary, this one goes on our defensive live and Saleh's poor gameplan.
Share 49ersWebzone