LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Since07:
Should have done this sooner, might of had a chance to get Melvin Ingram or Casey Hayward.

This. Not getting Hayward for 2.5 mil was a huge mistake imo. Norman and Moseley (when healthy) will hopefully hold down the fort

I still have a hard on for Gilmore on the patriots even though he's out the first six games I wish we could trade for him. He was defensive player of the year two years ago and he's an awesome player. I'm sure we won't do it because we traded too much capital for Lance but this would assure us of two great top 15 corners
[ Edited by elguapo on Sep 10, 2021 at 4:04 PM ]
Please Ward get a damn int this year. It's been 4 YEARS and not 1 int. I'm tired of Niner fans trying to make ridiculous excuses for you so please make a couple of game changing plays this year. You have a top 3 front 7 in front of you. Thank you
Gets paid again and gets even more SOFT!
Originally posted by NCommand:

worked for dee ford and mostert.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by NCommand:

worked for dee ford and mostert.

Lol.
He played poorly. Looked like a lost rookie trying to tackle.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He missd one tackle. I thought he made a number of TD saving tackles on those long runs. Overall, I thought he played ok.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

He missd one tackle. I thought he made a number of TD saving tackles on those long runs. Overall, I thought he played ok.

This
Originally posted by 49ers808:

This

He played ok even though that missed tackle was embarrassing. Again made no plays against the pass whatsoever. Typical. I'm still hoping he has his best year mainly due to our healthy pass rush. Just tired of all the Ward apologists. Make plays....you're getting paid almost 10 million for s**t sake
Originally posted by elguapo:

This

He played ok even though that missed tackle was embarrassing. Again made no plays against the pass whatsoever. Typical. I'm still hoping he has his best year mainly due to our healthy pass rush. Just tired of all the Ward apologists. Make plays....you're getting paid almost 10 million for s**t sake

You're not gonna get much more than I won't stop the play from happening, but I will try my best to not let them score from Jimmy Ward. He really took that bend, but don't break to the next level.

This

You're not gonna get much more than I won't stop the play from happening, but I will try my best to not let them score from Jimmy Ward. He really took that bend, but don't break to the next level.

I know right. I just figured for 10 million a year he could break up a pass or dare I say it get an int bc it's been 3 YEARS! solid coverage and tackling can only go so far. Horrible return on investment if you ask me. Up there with AA for 17 million per year. Both solid but not worth the money

This

I know right. I just figured for 10 million a year he could break up a pass or dare I say it get an int bc it's been 3 YEARS! solid coverage and tackling can only go so far. Horrible return on investment if you ask me. Up there with AA for 17 million per year. Both solid but not worth the money

agreed
Thought Ward did very well today, especially on some of the deep passes in helping out or in coverage by himself. He stayed w/ the WR (D. Smith?) on that one deep pass down the middle and turned his head at the end to see the ball and ensure no catch without committing PI.

Thought the personal foul on him at the sideline when Hurts had the long late run was B.S. as Hurts was right on the border and he could have easily faked going out of bounds - Ward had to consider that.
Great game
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Thought Ward did very well today, especially on some of the deep passes in helping out or in coverage by himself. He stayed w/ the WR (D. Smith?) on that one deep pass down the middle and turned his head at the end to see the ball and ensure no catch without committing PI.

Thought the personal foul on him at the sideline when Hurts had the long late run was B.S. as Hurts was right on the border and he could have easily faked going out of bounds - Ward had to consider that.

QBs have a huge unfair advantage when running with the ball. They should be treated as ball carriers at that point. If Jimmie would have let up all Hurts would have needed to do was spin back inside or lower his head making Jimmie a poster boy as the player that got ran over by a QB.

The NFL needs to do something about that.
Share 49ersWebzone