LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Dude finally had a full healthy off season to actually train for football vs. rehab and he's put up 40's and 30's in PFF grades.

Lynch rewards mediocrity

Those average bums Kittle, Mostert, McKinnon, and AS. I'd rather have kept Sanders over Ward but the Buck thing wasn't happening.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Dude finally had a full healthy off season to actually train for football vs. rehab and he's put up 40's and 30's in PFF grades.

Lynch rewards mediocrity

pisses me off.. NOT that I saw Bucko as a SUPERSTAR the way you all did, but it was a simple freakin Math... the guy was solid for all his years here and we give AA and Ward (who's been hurt 70% of the time) money and trade Bucko..

Gotta agree with you there Moon, pisses me off thinking about it.
pisses me off.. NOT that I saw Bucko as a SUPERSTAR the way you all did, but it was a simple freakin Math... the guy was solid for all his years here and we give AA and Ward (who's been hurt 70% of the time) money and trade Bucko..

I didn't like Bucko's performance last year but I would have kept him over AA, even though Buck got more money.
I didn't like Bucko's performance last year but I would have kept him over AA, even though Buck got more money.

But then we wouldn't have Kinlaw. It's not Armstead over Buckner. It's Armstead/Kinlaw over Buckner.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

But then we wouldn't have Kinlaw. It's not Armstead over Buckner. It's Armstead/Kinlaw over Buckner.

Exactly. Also...we'd be DOA if we didn't have AA to play snaps at edge now.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

ok, this just started a whole new AWESOME argument... love this kinda topic !!!

love you babyyy !!!

so here we go..

Really, we could have paid Bucko if we wanted to but we would have not signed Ward and got rid of some other players who we can afford to let go.

Obviously, we would have traded Armstead.

But the fact is, Bucko was a PROVEN commodity compare to AA and KINLAW... you all said it yourselves, BUCKO IS TOP 5 at his position..

Kinlaw, I'm not even going to give him a grade until after week 8th.. that's when you'll all here from me about this kid.

at worst, I would have put the TAG on Armstead... as much as I don't like the guy, he had an ALL PRO year last year... but I would have at least like to see if he can duplicate the performance..
What happened to this guy?? We need 2019 Ward
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

One hit wonder. This guy has more bad games than good throughout his career.
Originally posted by jcs:

Agreed..s**t he wasn't even a one hit wpnder just had a few good games last year. He makes no difference at all

love you babyyy !!!

so here we go..

Really, we could have paid Bucko if we wanted to but we would have not signed Ward and got rid of some other players who we can afford to let go.

But the fact is, Bucko was a PROVEN commodity compare to AA and KINLAW... you all said it yourselves, BUCKO IS TOP 5 at his position..

Kinlaw, I'm not even going to give him a grade until after week 8th.. that's when you'll all here from me about this kid.

at worst, I would have put the TAG on Armstead... as much as I don't like the guy, he had an ALL PRO year last year... but I would have at least like to see if he can duplicate the performance..

love you babyyy !!!

so here we go..

I' wouldve tried to keep bucko bosa and warner as the main pieces of the defense

Originally posted by proniner1:
I' wouldve tried to keep bucko bosa and warner as the main pieces of the defense

Buck got $21M a year, he wasn't getting that from the 49ers, especially when he refused a team friendly deal, and turned down a s**t ton if GTD money, Bosa will cost $30M+ a year, Warner likely $15M-$17M a year. Not to mention they'll need to extend Greenlaw and Deebo, plus FAs in 2021. Buckner was never happening, as much as I loved DeFo, it wasn't realistic, I even said he'd get $20M a year, and people doubted me, but never on the 49ers without a team friendly deal.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by proniner1:

Buck got $21M a year, he wasn't getting that from the 49ers, especially when he refused a team friendly deal, and turned down a s**t ton if GTD money, Bosa will cost $30M+ a year, Warner likely $15M-$17M a year. Not to mention they'll need to extend Greenlaw and Deebo, plus FAs in 2021. Buckner was never happening, as much as I loved DeFo, it wasn't realistic, I even said he'd get $20M a year, and people doubted me, but never on the 49ers without a team friendly deal.

Bosa isn't getting paid for another 3 seasons. Warner for another 2. Greenlaw and Deebo haven't earned extensions yet and are also years away from $$. Defo's deal is not that bad outside of the first two years.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Agreed..s**t he wasn't even a one hit wpnder just had a few good games last year. He makes no difference at all

Naw Ward was really good last year. This year he might be the worst safety in football
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Naw Ward was really good last year. This year he might be the worst safety in football

This. He was ballin last year.

Is starting Moore is better for the team? I like Ward's experience but his becoming a big liability.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Yea. Our saftey tandom. Is just mediocre

No teeth
Share 49ersWebzone