LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
I know it's very early but birthday boy could have a huge year given, for the first time in his career, he'll be able to focus on building up his body and conditioning vs. rehabbing. Now he might be able to focus on play making more too.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 18, 2020 at 4:39 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Ward is a good example of why I don't want to see them move Hurd around too much, at least until he becomes a solid NFL receiver. He's too green as a receiver and I'm afraid if they try moving him around too much he will never become really good at any one position.

What we saw Mostert and Breida routinely do to other teams is another big reason Ward is so underappreciated. He doesnt let that happen and has been very good as last man back. Yes the turnovers aren't there, but do you understand that he was probably a couple turnovers away from being in the top 5 discussion? Would of priced us out and were already lucky he took a discount to stay.
Ward surprised me with how well he's played the past 2 seasons, especially in 2019, he earned that 3yr deal, like AA did, so tired of people calling players busts, like many did with Tarvaius Moore after his 1st season, he's not suited at CB, so they put him back at FS, and if they let Tartt walk, I'm fine with Moore being the new SS. I also hope Pettis steps up, he had a good rookie year, then had a down 2nd year, and people call him a bust, I wonder what happens if Deebo has a down year? Will they call him a bust like Pettis? Takes time for players to develop.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I know it's very early but birthday boy could have a huge year given, for the first time in his career, he'll be able to focus on building up his body and conditioning vs. rehabbing. Now he might be able to focus on play making more too.

That and more time in the same system will let play freely and use his instincts more. Next step is game change turnovers.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

That and more time in the same system will let play freely and use his instincts more. Next step is game change turnovers.

100%. You gotta be able to generate turnovers behind this pass rush.
He's such a likeable guy.

It sounds like they are going to move him around from the FS spot in man, nickel, blitz, zone, etc.

[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 11, 2020 at 11:53 AM ]

It sounds like they are going to move him around from the FS spot in man, nickel, blitz, zone, etc.

Jimmie looked like he was getting annoyed by how many times he got asked if he was gonna play CB. Hey NYNiner85 next time avoid that question. And quit bringing up how we have big receivers and that's Kyles receivers it's pretty clear they aren't. Smh learn to be a reporter David
  • thl408

This will be interesting. Ward's versatility was used last season as he lined up to man cover slot WRs. I don't think much of him as a blitzer, but I'm all for Saleh getting creative to give offenses more to think about. Adding exotic looks to an already talented defense can result in big things provided Saleh makes timely playcalls.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Jimmie looked like he was getting annoyed by how many times he got asked if he was gonna play CB. Hey NYNiner85 next time avoid that question. And quit bringing up how we have big receivers and that's Kyles receivers it's pretty clear they aren't. Smh learn to be a reporter David

Originally posted by thl408:

This will be interesting. Ward's versatility was used last season as he lined up to man cover slot WRs. I don't think much of him as a blitzer, but I'm all for Saleh getting creative to give offenses more to think about. Adding exotic looks to an already talented defense can result in big things provided Saleh makes timely playcalls.

Yeah, he kind of lit up when talking about it but said he didn't want to give any trade secrets so he kept it general. It's something to keep an eye on.

• thl408

Yeah, he kind of lit up when talking about it but said he didn't want to give any trade secrets so he kept it general. It's something to keep an eye on.

Blitz Ward, drop Bosa into coverage

Dude looked like Deion covering Cook.

I'd feel safer throwing my favorite whiskey glass into a wood chipper than having Ward blitz into a 300 pound offensive lineman. That guy is one good yo mama joke away from a season ending injury.

very likable and also a damn good player

Good idea since he can't get any ints
Share 49ersWebzone