There are 217 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
... reminds me so much of how Know Nothing Mooch would always keep Darnell Walker and start him because he supposedly would beat everyone on the team on that condition test...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Jimmie must be a Practice warrior just like Blaine Gabbert.

I don't see any good film in the real games.

You would think lynch and kyle who get paid big money would see what you and others see or do not see in regards to ward.. even if they gush about the way he practices.you would think they can see what he actually does on the rare times he does step onto the field

Don't let Shanny have anything to do with evaluating / signing defense...

Someone needs to hold Lynch's hand (maybe both hands) when evaluating certain players / talent...
Like Brieda and Kittle? Ok.

Both are offense (Shanny's expertise)...I think Lynch went with the flow on that one. I'm mostly thinking defense. This year, FO has done pretty damn good in FA...we'll see what's up in the draft tho.
This thread is hilarious. Same small group of posters in their never ending Ward hatefest circle jerk.
How does he still have a job?
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
This thread is hilarious. Same small group of posters in their never ending Ward hatefest circle jerk.

Has he ever been even average? There was one year, maybe 2015 or 16 where he might have. Beyond that he has looked really bad at every position he's played. I wish it weren't so but can you point to where ward haters are wrong?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I was going to say the same thing. They see these guys for several hours all week in practice and only a few minutes in the games. Sometimes the mind plays tricks.

if they coaches are not paying attention to what their players are doing in a game or look at film afterwards. they do not deserve to be coaches in my opinion. i think this is a terrible excuse for the coaches

Jimmie must be a Practice warrior just like Blaine Gabbert.

I don't see any good film in the real games.

Blaine Gabbert is a much better player than Ward though.
Most of the mock draft sites have the 49ers using valuable picks on cornerbacks and safeties because the defensive backfield was such a mess. If Ward was part of that mess why was he resigned at such a generous amount?
Truth is, the Niner defensive backfield is going to be a dumpster fire this year, again. The plan is make it look better with a better pass rush. Then wait for 2020 to focus on Talent acquisition. That's the strategy. So it's time to kiss butt on all the scrubs who are out there trailing technique and ignoring the ball including Jimmy Ward.

That's why the ridiculous statements are made. The second we sign Eric Berry or draft some quality this guy gets cut like Cassius Marsh. Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out... Then chip your spine so you're in the hospital for 9 months looking for an injury settlement.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Mar 27, 2019 at 4:20 AM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Truth is, the Niner defensive backfield is going to be a dumpster fire this year, again. The plan is make it look better with a better pass rush. Then wait for 2020 to focus on Talent acquisition. That's the strategy. So it's time to kiss butt on all the scrubs who are out there trailing technique and ignoring the ball including Jimmy Ward.

That's why the ridiculous statements are made. The second we sign Eric Berry or draft some quality this guy gets cut like Cassius Marsh. Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out... Then chip your spine so you're in the hospital for 9 months looking for an injury settlement.

Agreed. We are punting on the free safety position until 2020. Jimmie Ward is gonna be the new Cassius in terms of memes and such on the zone.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Agreed. We are punting on the free safety position until 2020. Jimmie Ward is gonna be the new Cassius in terms of memes and such on the zone.

seeing our safetys stumble around like the keystone cops is a helluva price to pay for. well we can not fix everything in one off season. the hell the team could not have addressed this in free agency and the hell the team can not address this is the draft.. as poster NC said yesterday.. it would be tough to put all the burden of such an important position on a rookie but i have more confidence in a third round safety than i do in any of the people on our current roster.

I still can't believe Lynch was so stupid N naive to give this ass turd $5 mill when he hasn't earned a dime since entering the league. Should of given him a incentive based contract. You play u get payed if not ur making the league minimum, they make it seem like he had suitors N they were gonna lose him via free agency, i bet he still would of been on the market as we speak if Lynch didn't flinch 1st. Damn i swear the incompetence of this brass

So you support the decision that ward should be here.

I am trying to figure Out what you base this on while I'm over here circle jerkin
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

So you support the decision that ward should be here.

I am trying to figure Out what you base this on while I'm over here circle jerkin
its a pretty big circle jerk of which we are among friends in it
I feel like he hasn't shown to be any better than reaser, robinson, or witherspoon were, yet is getting paid solely on draft position...
Lol at the comments
Share 49ersWebzone