LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
I wouldnt be shocked if he plays his best ball next year for another team.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

The number of passes defense by Jimmy ward in 2018

Saleh is literally in love with this guy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

he is versatile
he would be cheap
he knows the system
oh i can not continue

It will absolutely blow my mind If they waste money and a roster spot for this dude again this year
Originally posted by pdizo916:

100% agree. We've got to remove the fact that he was a waste of a 1st rounder. That's a fact. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have some value at the right price. I think if he leave he might have a very good year somewhere else. I'd like to resign him for DEPTH
If Ward would come back for 2-3 million a year, I would be down with it. But that is only if we don't sign Earl Thomas. If we bring in Earl Thomas, then I'd rather have Colbert backing him up for super cheap, and have Tartt-Harris at SS.
Originally posted by Niners418:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

100% agree. We've got to remove the fact that he was a waste of a 1st rounder. That's a fact. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have some value at the right price. I think if he leave he might have a very good year somewhere else. I'd like to resign him for DEPTH
Okay then. How about at 500K- 1 mil. Dude is always hurt more than that and he's taking money again sitting on IR.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
If Ward would come back for 2-3 million a year, I would be down with it. But that is only if we don't sign Earl Thomas. If we bring in Earl Thomas, then I'd rather have Colbert backing him up for super cheap, and have Tartt-Harris at SS.
Yeah, I guess for 2- 3 million to be the starter at FS then cool but the dude is always hurt, smh. As for Colbert in that scenario just let him compete with Tartt for SS and may the best man win.
Pretty sure Harris will be the one battling Tartt for the SS spot.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Pretty sure Harris will be the one battling Tartt for the SS spot.
You're probably right but that is pretty narrow vision from management. Colbert has size and seems speedy. I would think that they would want competition to see who is the most productive of the bunch. Of course all this is dependent of Earl Thomas.

God no. Please. Learn.
God no. Please. Learn.
LOL is that in regards to Ward?
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
God no. Please. Learn.

Yes and all oft-injured players like him.
We just need Earl Thomas in here to shore up that FS spot. Let Tartt+Harris battle for the SS spot. Personally I hope Harris wins, and Tartt backs up both safety spots. This way Tartt might actually stay healthy, and we can have him stay off the IR.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
God no. Please. Learn.

Yes and all oft-injured players like him.
Yeah makes sense. This team needs smart, high motor, players. I'll take those any day over all those that are seen as potentially skilled.
[ Edited by Niner4ever on Jan 12, 2019 at 5:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone