• thl408
Originally posted by ncninerfan:
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by thl408:
One of the funnier plays from the 2017 season. "A ball carrier! Oh no run!"

So glad we have this at free safety now (Colbert)

That top one is cringe worthy
Seriously what the f**k was he doing ?!
Playing scared...he covers the same way.

for real

The only good thing that came from him not trying to tackle is that he didn't give up that long TD by missing the tackle lol

I'll give him the benefit of a doubt. Looks like he was trying to turn the runner inside where he had help, and it succeeded. He knew if he whiffed the tackle it was a sure touchdown.
The game situation was overtime and both teams already had an offensive possession (sudden death). Three plays later IND kicked the winning FG. There's no defense for this play. It's comedy.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by cciowa:
He never plays and when he does he runs away from the action.

Has played in 42 out of 65 games so there goes the "never plays" nonsense.

And if all he ever did was run away from the action, do you think he would still be here? And spare me by pointing to those 2 gifs because there is a ton of film showing otherwise. Kyle and John had 3 years of film to look at before picking up that 5th year option which indicates they seen something.

Oh wow, a frickin DB who hasn't even played in 2/3 of games in his career, yeah that's durable.

And what's the film "showing otherwise", his 1 or 2 career INTs, handful of PDs? I bet it's lots easier to find clips of him doing what he does best, which is getting beat like a drum.

Lynch and Shanahan aren't infallible, they should have cut bait with this dud.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

And if all he ever did was run away from the action, do you think he would still be here? And spare me by pointing to those 2 gifs because there is a ton of film showing otherwise. Kyle and John had 3 years of film to look at before picking up that 5th year option which indicates they seen something.

Oh wow, a frickin DB who hasn't even played in 2/3 of games in his career, yeah that's durable.

And what's the film "showing otherwise", his 1 or 2 career INTs, handful of PDs? I bet it's lots easier to find clips of him doing what he does best, which is getting beat like a drum.

I tend to agree.
His biggest issue is health, he's a good player when healthy, right now he's great depth at every secondary position, I would let him play out his 5th year option even if he's getting PAID, not like the niners need the space right now anyway..if he stays healthy the entire year which is unlikely and plays well then you think about resigning him to a decent deal..
He's gonna be a nice asset when we can only suit up 46. Don't worry about the salary y'all, in our position it's literally a moot point. Don't give me no extra roll over stuff haha.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:

I tend to agree.
not to some people and a couple of mods,. there comes a time when you can simply not defend somethings and ward is one. i note no one has posted any clips in being fair and balanced of ward doing anything positive
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:
His biggest issue is health, he's a good player when healthy, right now he's great depth at every secondary position, I would let him play out his 5th year option even if he's getting PAID, not like the niners need the space right now anyway..if he stays healthy the entire year which is unlikely and plays well then you think about resigning him to a decent deal..

how do we know he is a good p;layer when healthy. he never is and when he is what has he done well. anyone have any clips or highlights? thought so,, again justifying keeping him by saying we have the space is weak
How come Richard Sherman didn't invite the Glass man to train with him along with other great DB's?????

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/27/darius-slay-xavier-rhodes-aqib-talib-join-richard-sherman-for-workouts/

I am sure if they were up against the cap they would have let him go. One more year will not be an issue in that regard.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
How come Richard Sherman didn't invite the Glass man to train with him along with other great DB's?????

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/27/darius-slay-xavier-rhodes-aqib-talib-join-richard-sherman-for-workouts/

Not worth it, this was a men only meeting

Originally posted by glorydayz:

They probably had prerequisites & one of them was starting a full Season, Sorry Jimmie boy u dont qualify
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

ok,, these were pretty good!! mod evil is losing his mind as he feverishly looks for clips of ward doing good things i asked him for yesterday

ok,, these were pretty good!! mod evil is losing his mind as he feverishly looks for clips of ward doing good things i asked him for yesterday

I have been tough on Ward, hoping he proves me wrong but I just don't see the "special" that other's see in him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I have been tough on Ward, hoping he proves me wrong but I just don't see the "special" that other's see in him.

i think only a couple people see special. most of us see special ed. i think most people just say well we have the money. may as well keep him. not exactly a ringing endorsement of his ability. such as it is

i think only a couple people see special. most of us see special ed. i think most people just say well we have the money. may as well keep him. not exactly a ringing endorsement of his ability. such as it is

True, I almost find myself in that crowd.
Share 49ersWebzone