LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by evil:
Good post.

Those were 2 plays that were off the top of head. I am sure combing through tape you can find where he makes more plays or does his job. Has he left a lot to be desired? You betcha, but I agree that so long as he is here I will hope for the best for him and from him but expectations will be very low.

And something I should of clarified on top of my original post was when I used the term solid rather than average. Solid could mean above average to allot of posters where as I meant average. There were multiple times while Ward was doing his Mr. Glass impression on IR where him just being average, but playing, would of still been an upgrade over the players that were out there. Shows how bad our secondary has been post-Fangio.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by cciowa:
people who think ward is a sold player .. that is ,,, i am not sure what it is. but we have 2 plays in five years to prove that he is deserving of a spot on the roster. after 5 plus years of wishing and hoping for the best for ward, you would think some people are just ready to move on. i guess if lynch likes ward. thats all it takes for some people. speaking of hoping that players succeed.. it is my hope that one of our kids. who now has the chance makes the most of it. earns the job and we can finally cut ties with ward. he has brought little to nothing to the table. always hurt. very very little impact and usually bad plays when he does play.. who said we expect ward to be a pro bowler.. who said that. typical of putting words in other peoples mouths. most of us just want him to be respectable and earn his salary. he has done neither. oh but he has made two or 3 plays in five plus years. lol

I couldn't keep reading after you hit us with 3 straight commas.

which does not detract from the fact that cc said nothing wrong. in his opinion about this waste of a roster space
I believe if he were to stay healthy he is a fringe starter and valuable backup who can play all 5 positions in the secondary. However, he can't stay healthy, thus making him virtually useless.
  • thl408
Let's play a game called "Jimmie Ward or Michael Vick"

Ward or Vick?

Ward or Vick?

Ward or Vick?

Ward or Vick?

Ward or Vick?
Originally posted by thl408:

Ward or Vick?

Ward or Vick?

Ward or Vick?

Ward or Vick?

Ward or Vick?

1. Vick
2. Ward
3. Ward
4. Vick
5. Ward
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by thl408:

Ward or Vick?

Ward or Vick?

Ward or Vick?

Ward or Vick?

Ward or Vick?

1. Vick
2. Ward
3. Ward
4. Vick
5. Ward

Over/under 3.5 games?
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
I couldn't keep reading after you hit us with 3 straight commas.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Over/under 3.5 games?

Must've gotten the injury bills

Over/under 3.5 games?

$10 says he pulled his hammy right there

Over/under 3.5 games?

Sucks...hate to see that.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Goddamn, does it ever rain out there? Everyday looks the same.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Goddamn, does it ever rain out there? Everyday looks the same.

Doesn't rain on the West Coast in the summer. We don't have your Florida daily afternoon rain.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
$10 says he pulled his hammy right there

he will fall down and get hurt with no one within 10 yards of him. amazing the number of people who are grasping at straws to pump this waste up
One full season with no injury Jimmy

Share 49ersWebzone