LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Why does Baalke seem get a free pass from serious criticism?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
There's more to GM'ing than drafting and the OP doesn't even mention it when critiquing Baalke. Incomplete analysis to fit one's own purpose.
Didn't Baalke start as GM in 2011? Harbaugh's first season I'm pretty sure.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm am the life of the party always......

Maybe an After-Life party...
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
There's more to GM'ing than drafting and the OP doesn't even mention it when critiquing Baalke. Incomplete analysis to fit one's own purpose.

This
Originally posted by GEEK:
You are missing an objective opinion.

2010 was a great draft. Bowman may be a future hall of famer because he's playing better than Patrick Willis. Davis and Iupati are top 10 players at the respective positions. And Anthony Dixon was a great role player for us. He wiffed on Mays, but that was a Singletary pick.

Davis and Iupati were Sing "picks" if I remember correctly. He wanted beef up front and got it in one draft.

**Side note**
He was drafting with McDrunks board that year also. The following year was all Trent.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Apr 21, 2014 at 7:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
*Kap

Arguing the merits of Kap's play is one thing. But Harbaugh wanted Kap and Baalke wanted Dalton.

thought it was the other way around

Oregon is correct. Trent wanted Dalton.
Originally posted by thl408:

This too. BRB Skuta, Dorsey, Whitner, Boldin....etc...........Baalke sucks.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Davis and Iupati were Sing "picks" if I remember correctly. He wanted beef up front and got it in one draft.

We really do not know who was whose pick.

Baalke was in charge of the 2010 draft.

I would guess that Baalke gets credit and blame for the draft.
  • buck
  • Veteran
*Kap

Arguing the merits of Kap's play is one thing. But Harbaugh wanted Kap and Baalke wanted Dalton.

Where is this information, if this can be considered information, coming from?

Anyone have legitimate sources?
Originally posted by buck:
*Kap

we all know jim wanted kap, please link us to the sources where trent wanted dalton

*Kap

"Jim fought for drafting Kaepernick,'' Dilfer said. "They could have had [Andy] Dalton [who went 35th to Cincinnati, one spot ahead of where the 49ers traded up to]. Everybody wanted Dalton except him. [49ers general manager Trent] Baalke threw him a bone because it was his first year. Kaepernick was his guy. He went and worked him out, he thought he found him, and he swears to this day the only reason Kaepernick went that high was because of the momentum generated because of him. That's his guy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/11/27/colin-kaepernick-49ers-super-bowl/index.html#ixzz2zZsvyOQq
Baalke seems to get a free pass from serious criticism because 49er fans in general and webzoners in particular are highly reluctant to criticize.

Oh wait . . .
"Jim fought for drafting Kaepernick,'' Dilfer said. "They could have had [Andy] Dalton [who went 35th to Cincinnati, one spot ahead of where the 49ers traded up to]. Everybody wanted Dalton except him. [49ers general manager Trent] Baalke threw him a bone because it was his first year. Kaepernick was his guy. He went and worked him out, he thought he found him, and he swears to this day the only reason Kaepernick went that high was because of the momentum generated because of him. That's his guy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/11/27/colin-kaepernick-49ers-super-bowl/index.html#ixzz2zZsvyOQq

so according to trent dilfer
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

We really do not know who was whose pick.

Baalke was in charge of the 2010 draft.

I would guess that Baalke gets credit and blame for the draft.

I think its pretty well known those were Singletary picks.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I don't know. Aldon Smith is a disaster and that is regarded as one of his best picks. 2012 was completely lost. Kaep is a running QB with no pocket presense. A great athlete who is tall, big and strong and super fast legs. But he can't make a read to save his life. He has no idea what he is seeing out there. Upside yeah. Rare athletic skills sure. But he is a tad bit overrated on the WZ IMO. There are probably 15 QB's who can get just as far as him in the NFL. This thing is driven by defense, O line, running game. Alex Smith on his same team at the time proved it. He got the NFC Championship. He would have gotten to the Super Bowl if Kyle Williams didn't fumble twice. This ship is not QB driven.

You must be a delight at parties

I'm am the life of the party always......
SD goes to parties to make sure everyone has a bad time
Share 49ersWebzone