LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Do you want the 49ers to kick off the season @ Seattle on TNF?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want the 49ers to kick off the season @ Seattle on TNF?

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Uhh yeah! It's their first ever season opener as defending champions, it's going to be nuts in there, and their confidence will be super high.

Remember we played in their home opener last year, and then we Ian Williams for the season.

Disclaimer....football is a violent sport. Injuries happen. Its part of the game. I think every 49ers player and coach wants nothing more than the opportunity to go into seattle and spoil their championship home coming by kicking them square in the teeth and sending them into week 2 with a record of 0-1. Believe it or not, the 49ers are a good football team.

I wish I had big internet balls to be confident like this.

But the reality is, we haven't won in Seattle in years no matter how good we think we are.

Two seasons ago. And apparently you don't have big Internet balls.

Well come on. It's early April. We have a bucket-load of picks and the draft looks great. I don't like seeing a white flag being hung out. That make me a homer? No, it makes me a fan. I have confidence in Harbaugh and confidence in Baalke and confidence in a young team with a bright future. Do I want to read about how we don't have a chance in Seattle?

No. Superbowl winners find it hard to come back and dominate the next year. I am not giving up on either of the Seattle games until the fat lady sings.

My main point was never to waive the white flag, All I'm saying is that there are "certain games" where the odds are highly stacked, and prime time home opener in Seattle is one of them. Why would any fan root for their team to enter a trap? No way are they going to open their season in front of their fans, on national television and lose, I just don't see it.

I think some of us really need to accept the fact that the Seahawks are the 49ers mirror image, they're coached as well, and prepare as well, if not even better, the trophy says it all despite how many people try and discredit them. If we would've won the superbowl, I wouldn't expect us to relax, or start sleeping this season, rather I'd expect Harbaugh to have the team ready to back it up and be ready for the challenge, and Pete Carroll will do the same.
[ Edited by verb1der on Apr 8, 2014 at 2:05 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Since Sherman keeps talking smack to Crabs the NFL will probably make it the opening day game. I dont like it but oh well.

You would rather watch a Den Sea snoozefest?

I really hope we play in Seattle in the first 2 weeks.
Id rather not start the season with a guaranteed loss

So you would rather end the season with a guaranteed loss?

Heck yeah, we will need to rest our players for the playoffs thats the perfect time
Heck yeah, we will need to rest our players for the playoffs thats the perfect time

Huge swing in games against a division opponent could knock us out of the playoffs.
The Niners vs the Hawks is the best rivalry in the NFL and maybe the best in American sports right now, their playoff game was easily the best of the 2013 postseason, and the Sherman vs Crabtree grudge match would get WWE-style hype. CBS and the NFL must be drooling over the prospect of opening the regular season with this game. I'd be shocked if it didn't happen.
My main point was never to waive the white flag, All I'm saying is that there are "certain games" where the odds are highly stacked, and prime time home opener in Seattle is one of them. Why would any fan root for their team to enter a trap? No way are they going to open their season in front of their fans, on national television and lose, I just don't see it.

I think some of us really need to accept the fact that the Seahawks are the 49ers mirror image, they're coached as well, and prepare as well, if not even better, the trophy says it all despite how many people try and discredit them. If we would've won the superbowl, I wouldn't expect us to relax, or start sleeping this season, rather I'd expect Harbaugh to have the team ready to back it up and be ready for the challenge, and Pete Carroll will do the same.

I grew up this way. I wanted the very best anytime anyplace! I wanted the bully to see me. I sought him out every year. It's what I was taught so naturally I want the Niners at SEA Thurs nite season opener. I want us to go there and smack those fools starting this year twice a year! I don't know what you're on but we gotta do it anyway so why not week 1. We did just fine in 2012 up at Lambeau! We seemed to relish sticking it to Rodgers too

We started 1-2 with Crabtree and Ian Williams injured in 2013. I ain't worried!
Don't be surprised if the Niners open the season at Dallas then home week 2 against KC.
I'm still holding out hope that we get scheduled to play @Dallas on Thanksgiving.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
I'm still holding out hope that we get scheduled to play @Dallas on Thanksgiving.

Would suck, I was hoping to go to that game.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

Would suck, I was hoping to go to that game.

We got the "Cawks at home :)

Share 49ersWebzone