LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Chris culliver arrested

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Ok this was very stupid by Cully and he's an absolute jackass for what he did, but people are super overreacting in saying we need to cut him now. He's our best corner, young, and very talented. Suspension is very possible, but dude is not getting cut over this, especially given the defensive back situation we have.

You make it sound like this is a misdemeanor. These are serious felony charges.

He threatened someone and another guy had very minor injuries. Not going to get cut on that. Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth ran over and killed people and still played in the league.

Stallworth stopped at the scene and provided assistance and also paid the family off.

This fool ran someone over, ran away, got caught and attacked a good samariton.

Yes, but the end result was far worse in Stallworth's case. And does it say that Culliver actually ran dude over or did he nudge him? I have a hard time believing that he could be run over and only sustain minor injuries. NFL players have been involved in far worse situations than this and have not been cut. If he was a total scrub, then great chance he is cut, but he is a young talented corner who was in our plans for the future. Don't think were going to cut him for a hit and run and threatening someone with brass knuckles.
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Originally posted by thl408:
At least the bicyclist was ok. It's not hit and run manslaughter or something.

Are you serious? Do you know how stupid you sound. At least he was ok? Dude just stop before you make yourself look like a bigger fool. It doesn't matter, Culliver didn't give a crap and could never have known his injuries. It's not like he stopped at all to find out...

Hit and run with injuries is different than a normal hit and run, regardless of how severe the injury. 20001(a) cvc is hit and run with injuries, which is a felony.

I think he was just saying it's good that the bicyclist was ok.

Thanks, bud. I must have really touched a nerve with sacnine

I love this team as much as the next guy, but I'm sick of people making a bunch of excuses for these players when they commit crimes, not specifically DUIs, but a felony? If this guy was on the Raiders you'd sing a different tune. What he did by leaving the scene and threatening a Good Samaritan with brass knuckles (also a felony) is something he should without a doubt he cut for. Just imagine if he did that to you, even if you were a Niners fan you wouldn't be happy about it, nor would you forgive him for leaving you there to deal with his actions. Didn't mean any disrespect to you, but man it sure sounded like you were defending his actions, which is embarrassing.

MY friends uncle was killed a few months back on his bicycle by a hit and run on his way to work. That s**t is serious.

If the a*****e who hit him stopped to provide aid, the uncle could have lived. But since the a*****e ran, the uncle laid there for hours until the next morning when he was discovered.

That's why hit and runs are such a big deal. The law wants you to STOP and render aid. The law will consider that heavily if they decide to bring charges on a DUI charge.
Originally posted by verb1der:
NNAMDI ASOMUGHA COME ON DOWWWNNNN!!!!

would rather have Leon Sandcastle
Ok this was very stupid by Cully and he's an absolute jackass for what he did, but people are super overreacting in saying we need to cut him now. He's our best corner, young, and very talented. Suspension is very possible, but dude is not getting cut over this, especially given the defensive back situation we have.

He threatened someone and another guy had very minor injuries. Not going to get cut on that. Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth ran over and killed people and still played in the league.

Stallworth stopped at the scene and provided assistance and also paid the family off.

+1 I have no idea what Pwilly52beasty is thinking.

Lol I have no idea what you're thinking. Death vs minor injuries. That means a hell of a lot
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

maybe Ahmed Plummer is available.

Yes, but the end result was far worse in Stallworth's case. And does it say that Culliver actually ran dude over or did he nudge him? I have a hard time believing that he could be run over and only sustain minor injuries. NFL players have been involved in far worse situations than this and have not been cut. If he was a total scrub, then great chance he is cut, but he is a young talented corner who was in our plans for the future. Don't think were going to cut him for a hit and run and threatening someone with brass knuckles.

The ammount of damages is not the point. The fact that he ran is a big deal. Society doens't want people causing accidents and taking off. Cully didn't know how bad the injury was or whether anyone saw it and would render aid to the victim. He just decided he needed to watch out for himself.

Total jackass.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

lol

how bout Champ Bailey?

Two hit and runs and weapons and threats

And the end result was one person with very minor injuries. He's a total jackass for what he did, but the results of his actions were not severe enough to warrant him being cut. Like I said, compare what he did to Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth. Those guys still played in the league after killing people. We're not going to cut Culliver over this when we are desperate for corners and another team will just go on to pick him up.

Where are LL and DS now and factor in which state they were in when that happened

They are retired, but after those incidents they still played in the league correct? And Stallworth was under the influence when he ran someone over.

+1 I have no idea what Pwilly52beasty is thinking.

Lol I have no idea what you're thinking. Death vs minor injuries. That means a hell of a lot

Its not death vs. minor injury.

Its hit & run vs. helping the victim.

lol

how bout Champ Bailey?
i would take Ronnie Lott's Pinky..then Champ
First the anti-gay nonsense now he's fleeing from hit & runs and threatening witnesses within the local community. Jed should just direct Baalke to cut this brain-dead POS loose.
Its not death vs. minor injury.

Its hit & run vs. helping the victim.

That and threatening the eye-witness with brass knuckles.

you forgot to factor in DUI...and was probably the reason Cully fled
s**tty for him, he was a logical choice for an extension before this. i'd move on from him now.
Share 49ersWebzone