LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Chris culliver arrested

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
That one poster better change his name to "CullyInDaBigHouse"

@CullyInGonnaGetItDaBigHouse
Pierre Desire gets drafted at 56
Our secondary is going to be swiss cheese now. Who are the starters at this point Brock and Chris Cook?! Add newcomer Bethea into the mix who will have to adjust, and then whoever we draft will have to be thrown into the fire, the backfield is going to be a hot mess!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Ok this was very stupid by Cully and he's an absolute jackass for what he did, but people are super overreacting in saying we need to cut him now. He's our best corner, young, and very talented. Suspension is very possible, but dude is not getting cut over this, especially given the defensive back situation we have.

You make it sound like this is a misdemeanor. These are serious felony charges.

He threatened someone and another guy had very minor injuries. Not going to get cut on that. Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth ran over and killed people and still played in the league.

Stallworth stopped at the scene and provided assistance and also paid the family off.

This fool ran someone over, ran away, got caught and attacked a good samariton.
+1 I have no idea what Pwilly52beasty is thinking.
idiotic. completely idiotic. no excuse for this
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Ok this was very stupid by Cully and he's an absolute jackass for what he did, but people are super overreacting in saying we need to cut him now. He's our best corner, young, and very talented. Suspension is very possible, but dude is not getting cut over this, especially given the defensive back situation we have.

You make it sound like this is a misdemeanor. These are serious felony charges.

He threatened someone and another guy had very minor injuries. Not going to get cut on that. Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth ran over and killed people and still played in the league.
Two hit and runs and weapons and threats

And the end result was one person with very minor injuries. He's a total jackass for what he did, but the results of his actions were not severe enough to warrant him being cut. Like I said, compare what he did to Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth. Those guys still played in the league after killing people. We're not going to cut Culliver over this when we are desperate for corners and another team will just go on to pick him up.

Where are LL and DS now and factor in which state they were in when that happened
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
At least the bicyclist was ok. It's not hit and run manslaughter or something.

Are you serious? Do you know how stupid you sound. At least he was ok? Dude just stop before you make yourself look like a bigger fool. It doesn't matter, Culliver didn't give a crap and could never have known his injuries. It's not like he stopped at all to find out...

Hit and run with injuries is different than a normal hit and run, regardless of how severe the injury. 20001(a) cvc is hit and run with injuries, which is a felony.

I think he was just saying it's good that the bicyclist was ok.

Thanks, bud. I must have really touched a nerve with sacnine

I love this team as much as the next guy, but I'm sick of people making a bunch of excuses for these players when they commit crimes, not specifically DUIs, but a felony? If this guy was on the Raiders you'd sing a different tune. What he did by leaving the scene and threatening a Good Samaritan with brass knuckles (also a felony) is something he should without a doubt he cut for. Just imagine if he did that to you, even if you were a Niners fan you wouldn't be happy about it, nor would you forgive him for leaving you there to deal with his actions. Didn't mean any disrespect to you, but man it sure sounded like you were defending his actions, which is embarrassing.

That's a nice apology undercutting insult! Way to go!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Wow. He'll be fine for 2014, but he really effed himself in terms of getting a long-term extension here.

The two felonies - brass knuckles and hit and run, with a good Legal Beagle, can possibly be pled down. Brass knuckles aren't the same as AK 47's or a baretta. Felony hit and run is going to be tougher because the DA is not going to open himself up to a double standard with regards to a star football player. He's also opened himself up to an assault and battery against two civilians who now know he has cash. He's going to have legal problems for the next couple of years - and Baalke is going to have to take into account whether or not he can concentrate on football with all the legal problems he now has. He's a big corner, somebody I'd like to play press man and run support - but at the same time he's really made some bonehead decisions these last couple of years. He's likeley to make more bonehead decisions in the future.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by kray28:
I would sever ties with him immediately. He's a total knucklehead.

Overreaction like a mofo. Lol

Overreaction? Hit and run and assault are serious felonies and he will almost certainly be doing time for these.
  • thl408
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
At least the bicyclist was ok. It's not hit and run manslaughter or something.

Are you serious? Do you know how stupid you sound. At least he was ok? Dude just stop before you make yourself look like a bigger fool. It doesn't matter, Culliver didn't give a crap and could never have known his injuries. It's not like he stopped at all to find out...

Hit and run with injuries is different than a normal hit and run, regardless of how severe the injury. 20001(a) cvc is hit and run with injuries, which is a felony.

I think he was just saying it's good that the bicyclist was ok.

Thanks, bud. I must have really touched a nerve with sacnine

I love this team as much as the next guy, but I'm sick of people making a bunch of excuses for these players when they commit crimes, not specifically DUIs, but a felony? If this guy was on the Raiders you'd sing a different tune. What he did by leaving the scene and threatening a Good Samaritan with brass knuckles (also a felony) is something he should without a doubt he cut for. Just imagine if he did that to you, even if you were a Niners fan you wouldn't be happy about it, nor would you forgive him for leaving you there to deal with your actions. Didn't mean any disrespect to you, but man it sure sounded like you were defending his actions, which is embarrassing.

You're jumping down my throat for no reason. I said earlier in the thread he's a stupid ass. The comment that set you off on a tirade was made to point out that the victim is ok. The victim was treated for minor injuries and released from the hospital. I am not in any way okay with this. Hitting people with a car happens. It's an accident. But he could have EASILY made up for his mistake by staying at the scene and handling it responsibly. The fact that he didn't is dumb and irresponsible. No excuses. I'm with you man.

Originally posted by YungAce:
Cully you done f**ked up, you know that right?
This is so unacceptable...very disappointed at Cully!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
At least we didn't sign him to an extension.
Carlos Rodgers?......................................................................naw nvm
NNAMDI ASOMUGHA COME ON DOWWWNNNN!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone