LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Chris culliver arrested

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"I don't think a lot of people understand the things that I do outside of football," Culliver said earlier this month. "I think people are just starting to see who I am." http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_25443400/49er-cornerback-chris-culliver-reportedly-arrested-after-hit
[ Edited by maxsmart on Mar 29, 2014 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by maxsmart:
"I don't think a lot of people understand the things that I do outside of football," Culliver said earlier this month. "I think people are just starting to see who I am." http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_25443400/49er-cornerback-chris-culliver-reportedly-arrested-after-hit

That quote is kinda misleading, he was talking about his work with some animal shelter or something.
While he doesn't have prior arrests, this did provide the longest ESPN bottom line of offenses seen in one arrest. man, that is a sequence of bad decisions. had time to think and then kept piling it on.

I won't say it because it's already been said better...

"I'd rather play with 10 people and just get penalized all the way until we have to do something else rather than play with 11 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be a part of this team. It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can't do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win."
s**t happens to everyone, it's the way you react that reveals your true character.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
s**t happens to everyone, it's the way you react that reveals your true character.

This.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

So I guess you could say his character is pretty low.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by eastie:
Any cyclist that gets hit by a car and only has minor injuries, treated and released, was barely hit, if hit at all. The speed of the car and bicycle must have been at a crawl for that to happen. Maybe we should reserve judgement until the whole story comes to li S'sght.

Which makes it even dumber for him to have just taken off. Worst case scenario he gets hit with a misdemeanor, most likely the insurance companies fight over it and his rates get jacked up, all of that is far preferable to what he actually got himself into.

With a good lawyer you could argue that he was feeling threatened by the second driver who cornered him in, maybe the second driver really was an a*****e and was shouting threats and epithets at Culliver which made him feel concerned for his safety. If that is what happened, then certainly that would alleviate things somehow. The second driver that involved themselves was not a law enforcement officer apparently, maybe they felt that they were trying to do the right thing but to Culliver that could have felt like he was being threatened so that could be a mitigating circumstance and that second driver could be in a bit of hot water themselves. The rules when it comes to detaining people are an absolute mess and this guy might have thought he was doing the right thing and instead ended up getting himself in trouble.

However:

That does not explain him trying to leave the scene of the original accident, nor does it explain the brass knuckles which, like it or not, are still illegal to possess in California.

This is where I'm at.

Me to. He could have pulled a marshawn lynch and claimed he didn't know he hit anyone and was simply acting in self defense when the dude cornerd him. But I believe culliver already said he believed the incident was very minor and the cyclists fault.. Either way he is innocent until proven guilty and will likely play 2014
Burning Suspected Witches in Africa = NSFW / Do Not Watch!

You should be banned for posting that video here.
"People don't change...as they get older they just become more so"

Culliver - same as he ever was.
Originally posted by Existence:
Burning Suspected Witches in Africa = NSFW / Do Not Watch!

You should be banned for posting that video here.

Yea pretty ridiculous.

Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Agreed, this isn't doing a little weed, or saying something racist here, this is endangering a persons life, threatening felony assault with a deadly weapon, then using your car as a weapon to get away. That is three very serious crimes...if a normal person commits one they are losing their job more than likely as companies don't tend to keep convicted felons on the pay role. I don't want him on the team...and I won't route for him if he is. There things you can forgive and things that shouldn't be trucked with.

Any cyclist that gets hit by a car and only has minor injuries, treated and released, was barely hit, if hit at all. The speed of the car and bicycle must have been at a crawl for that to happen. Maybe we should reserve judgement until the whole story comes to light.

Passing judgement is sooo much more gratifying though.

The story is he left, threatened a person who called him on it with brass nucks, then plowed their car with his to get away. It isn't passing f**king judgment to call him out on it, it is being human. Apparently it is ok to commit a series of felonies if they play for your favorite team and as fan the only thing you need to do to feel better is act self righteous.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Mar 29, 2014 at 5:11 PM ]
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Me to. He could have pulled a marshawn lynch and claimed he didn't know he hit anyone and was simply acting in self defense when the dude cornerd him. But I believe culliver already said he believed the incident was very minor and the cyclists fault.. Either way he is innocent until proven guilty and will likely play 2014

If that was the case he simply should have stopped and pulled over. By the nature of his behavior it makes him look suspicious and makes his story seem unlikely.

You can't run from the scene of an accident and then be all like "Yo, it was the other guy's fault dawg." C'mon now.

As far as the second part where he was cornered by the other vehicle, depending on what the guy did, how he acted, what he said, Culliver could completely slide on that part if the other guy was threatening him....etc. Like I've said, the parameters for a citizen's arrest are usually fairly specific and detailed and quite easy to f**k up. Depending on how things go, the other dude might drop his claim or refuse to testify if it looks like he could get into some hot water over this, especially if he gets a fat check to have his vehicle repaired and whatever else he needs for his emotional stress and trauma resulting from such a harrowing incident.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 29, 2014 at 5:24 PM ]
Originally posted by KegBert:
Agreed, this isn't doing a little weed, or saying something racist here, this is endangering a persons life, threatening felony assault with a deadly weapon, then using your car as a weapon to get away. That is three very serious crimes...if a normal person commits one they are losing their job more than likely as companies don't tend to keep convicted felons on the pay role. I don't want him on the team...and I won't route for him if he is. There things you can forgive and things that shouldn't be trucked with.

Any cyclist that gets hit by a car and only has minor injuries, treated and released, was barely hit, if hit at all. The speed of the car and bicycle must have been at a crawl for that to happen. Maybe we should reserve judgement until the whole story comes to light.

Passing judgement is sooo much more gratifying though.

The story is he left, threatened a person who called him on it with brass nucks, then plowed their car with his to get away. It isn't passing f**king judgment to call him out on it, it is being human. Apparently it is ok to commit a series of felonies if they play for your favorite team and as fan the only thing you need to do to feel better is act self righteous.

Read my other posts if you'd like my take on the issue, not gonna write it out again but you got me pegged all wrong right here.

To be fair, we don't know what this other individual did. They apparently followed Culliver and cornered his vehicle, refusing to let him leave. Depending on what they said, how they behaved, they could be in some trouble for that. You can't just f**king start randomly pulling people over because you think its a good idea, that's why the police will tell you to write down the license plate or take a photo, back off and call it in, let them handle it. A citizen's arrest could switch to false imprisonment or a a major traffic violation very easily depending on the minutiae of what went down. With a good enough attorney, I wouldn't be shocked to see Culliver claim to have feared for his own personal safety from the other individual and that is why he reacted as he did.

Once again though, that doesn't explain away leaving the scene of an accident or illegally possessing brass knuckles. Those two will be very difficult to explain away, regardless of the severity of the original accident.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 29, 2014 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
lol, hes going to jail. and rightfully so.

time served at worst.

A few hours in booking..yup time served
Share 49ersWebzone