LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Eddie D on Kaep "I'm worried that the team might get old around him,"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If Debartolo went to the Buffalo or Cleveland I'd actually be ok with it and would find it to be very cool.

I love Eddie as much as the next guy, but him returning to the 49ers as official owners is almost a non deal now that they made it work with Jed. Had Jed failed to resurrect the franchise, maybe he could have been back.

Send him to the AFC, and it won't be an issue.

One thing is for sure: If he made anything of the Bills or Browns, hands down he would have to be the best owner ever.
The 49ers have a lot of young talent including one of the youngest franchise QB's in football.

With 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds the 49ers will be adding even more young talent than most teams in this years draft.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Our bell cow and most productive WR are old. Until we find replacements that are true threats, we will be old at a couple of key offensive positions.
We only have one game breaking offensive player and he's our TE (running QB doesn't count). That is a major hole on offense.

Really?
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
The 49ers have a lot of young talent including one of the youngest franchise QB's in football.

With 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds the 49ers will be adding even more young talent than most teams in this years draft.

my n***a
My biggest fear isn't our age but the Seahawks. Except for Ravens/Steelers, when is the last time two main contenders shared the same division?

Only 6 Divisions - Conference Finals
1999: Titans vs Jags
1992: Bills vs Dolphins
1989: 49ers vs Rams
1986: Redskins vs Giants
1983: Seahawks vs Raiders
1982: Redskins vs Cowboys (Strike Season)
1980: Eages vs Cowboys & Raiders vs Chargers

Most of these were 1-year flukes, not sustained title contending rivalries. As the Packers playoff game this year illustrates, very thin line between making a run at the Super Bowl and losing on the road in the Wild Card game. I'm sure the 1998 Packers shared this sentiment after appearing in 2-straight Super Bowls.

Having to battle for 16 games each season to avoid losing the division will wear on our players. More injuries. Fans seem to forget that in 2012, we needed a Packers Week 17 lose to the Vikings in OT to have a Bye in the playoffs. We are so confident in ourselves we forget it won't take much to slip up against a Packers, Panthers or Saints in the NFC Playoffs on the road, in the years to come.
Originally posted by joshuatree:
My biggest fear isn't our age but the Seahawks. Except for Ravens/Steelers, when is the last time two main contenders shared the same division?

Most of these were 1-year flukes, not sustained title contending rivalries. As the Packers playoff game this year illustrates, very thin line between making a run at the Super Bowl and losing on the road in the Wild Card game. I'm sure the 1998 Packers shared this sentiment after appearing in 2-straight Super Bowls.

Having to battle for 16 games each season to avoid losing the division will wear on our players. More injuries. Fans seem to forget that in 2012, we needed a Packers Week 17 lose to the Vikings in OT to have a Bye in the playoffs. We are so confident in ourselves we forget it won't take much to slip up against a Packers, Panthers or Saints in the NFC Playoffs on the road, in the years to come.

They will be a pain in the ass for sure, but the primary concern should be our own team and what they do to stay contenders. As long as the 49ers continue to make good moves, we'll be fine. It's a very talented team with quality coaching.

I guarantee you as much as we hate having the Seahawks in our division, they feel the exact same way about us. They know it won't ever be easy. Nothing is guaranteed. This isn't a situation like how the Patriots are assured a division crown year after year because their division is garbage.

Like you said, there is a very fine line between winning and losing in the playoffs. Being good guarantees you nothing. You just want to make the playoffs every year and give yourself multiple cracks at it.
Originally posted by verb1der:
You know your window is closing when Eddie D says s**t like this!

I know I was thinking it after he said it. Sure, there is youth all over, but there are some areas where things are getting dicey.

PWilly 29 Already?!?!?!
Brooks 30
Gore 30
VD 30
Boldin 33
Cowboy 34

I know it is nice to look at all the youth, but I want to see a lot more out of it before I am thinking that list is replaceable. These next two seasons will show us a lot.
Originally posted by joshuatree:

packers v bears in 2010 nfc title game says hi. also nobody ever said it was going to be easy any season. pats play in a s**tty div for over 10 years and win it with ease and then crap the bed in the playoffs. having seattle and arz/stl to a lesser degree helps you to keep your edge sharp. a lot of your logic is just speculation, so we'll get more injuries cus of having to battle through 16 weeks but the teams we're battling with wont? even if the injuries were equal to us and seattle you could paint the pic because they lost some depth this year that additional injuries would hurt them more. bottom line is you're either scared of seattle or you're realistic and you seem to fit the former not the latter.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Mar 28, 2014 at 2:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone