There are 155 users in the forums

Eddie D on Kaep "I'm worried that the team might get old around him,"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"If it was the right team and the right situation -- sure, I'd try to get back in," Would he really consider being the owner of another team besides the Niners? and if he does get back into being a owner why doesn't Denise give him back his team?
[ Edited by Raul98 on Mar 27, 2014 at 11:32 AM ]
Originally posted by Raul98:
"If it was the right team and the right situation -- sure, I'd try to get back in," Would he really consider being the owner of another team besides the Niners? and if he does get back into being a owner why doesn't Denise give him back his team?

money thats why. they probably wouldnt give the team back to him if we were staying at the stick. now going into levi's which will provide a bunch more revenue for the team, they most certainly wont.
Originally posted by crabman82:

money thats why. they probably wouldnt give the team back to him if we were staying at the stick. now going into levi's which will provide a bunch more revenue for the team, they most certainly wont.

Seeing Eddie as owner of another team would be just as heart breaking as Montana in a Chiefs uniform some will say his way of doing things are to old school for today's NFL but i for one would love to see him back as owner of this team. To me Eddie D. is the 49ers seeing him run another team would be a punch in the stomach. If he does make a return to ownership i hope it's here i still have faith he could run a successful team.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Mar 27, 2014 at 11:44 AM ]

Seeing Eddie as owner of another team would be just as heart breaking as Montana in a Chiefs uniform some will say his way of doing things are to old school for today's NFL but i for one would love to see him back as owner of this team. To me Eddie D. is the 49ers seeing him run another team would be a punch in the stomach. If he does come make a return to ownership i hope it's here i still have faith he could run a successful team.

yeah it would be very strange to see him running another nfl team. first thing first i'd like to see him and haley make the HOF in the same year.

Seeing Eddie as owner of another team would be just as heart breaking as Montana in a Chiefs uniform some will say his way of doing things are to old school for today's NFL but i for one would love to see him back as owner of this team. To me Eddie D. is the 49ers seeing him run another team would be a punch in the stomach. If he does come make a return to ownership i hope it's here i still have faith he could run a successful team.

yeah it would be very strange to see him running another nfl team. first thing first i'd like to see him and haley make the HOF in the same year.
The report mentioned him looking into buying the Bucs Rams and Raiders oh god no the Rams and Raiders one would make me sick to my stomach, They both should have been inducted already it's all politics and personal feelings that keep them out.
This whole nonsense about the team getting old is getting old (no pun intended). Sure there are some guys who may be nearing 30 or already past 30, but so what. They are still playing at high level and the FO is still drafting guys to step in and take over when these guys do hang them up. This team is very young at a lot of key positions and year in year out continues to have a sh*t ton of high draft picks.
You know your window is closing when Eddie D says s**t like this!
Originally posted by verb1der:

well how could it be opening? we arent some up and coming team ready to shock people. we're among the top tier teams. technically the window is closing because you cant travel back in time. the question is at what pace is it closing at? some people around here paint the picture like we're the 2002 raiders.
Originally posted by verb1der:

well how could it be opening? we arent some up and coming team ready to shock people. we're among the top tier teams. technically the window is closing because you cant travel back in time. the question is at what pace is it closing at? some people around here paint the picture like we're the 2002 raiders.

It would swing back wide open if we got Desean!
Don't worry Eddie! Baalke is on it! We got picks by the pound annually. High picks too. We are getting better!

The report mentioned him looking into buying the Bucs Rams and Raiders oh god no the Rams and Raiders one would make me sick to my stomach, They both should have been inducted already it's all politics and personal feelings that keep them out.

If he does end up buying a team, i hope its in the AFC... Having him in the same conference is like having a bro that you dont want to go against every year just because you guys are family. Pick Buffalo Eddie!
Eddie owning another team in the NFL would be devastating as a Niner fan. Jed is 1,000,000 times better than his parents, but Eddie is up there with Montana, Rice, and Lott.

I do think the window has closed a bit, especially since we could have won it all in either of the last three years, but it's funny how the media and Seahawks fans will jump on the narrative of "the 49ers are an old team."
With the legal issues going on with the Cleveland owner and Eddie being from Youngstown the Browns might be a possiblility for him.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Mar 27, 2014 at 1:08 PM ]
This statement by Eddie D begs the question, do the 49ers trade up in this years draft for players they covet? Or should they stay put with what they have and fill needs/draft for the future?

Remember, the 2014 draft is deep and with 1 pick in the 1st, 2 in the 2nd and 3 in the 3rd, there is potential for 6 eventual starters.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:
This draft should help with younger Wr's and if we keep Crabtree

TE Vernon isn't ol, but is older. We have Vance and I think we will do a good job of staying young there

RB's are young outside of Gore

OL is young

Dline has some Vets, but we have a ton af yong guys for depth and to take over. I think we will keep adding depth over they years.

LB's Aldon is young, Bowman is young, WIllis and Brooks are not 30 yet, we have Lemonieer(sp) and Moody and will keep adding when the time comes

DB's are all young and we will keep drafting to fill in holes.

We do have Vets in key spots, but we have drafted guys to replace them once they are done. I think we are always thinking ahead.

I agree, Baalke is going to keep a watch on the age and youth of this team and plan accordingly. As long as we have a great QB and a great DE - we have an open window. All other positions can be filled by above average players and we will always be in the playoffs. If our coaching staff can continue to turn 7th rounder's and undrafteds into starters and good depth, I'm not really worried about any windows closing, maybe getting smaller, but not closing entirely.
Share 49ersWebzone