LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

All Time 49ers Team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No one has brought up Harris Barton at T. He was dominant for us...we won three Super Bowls with him as one of the best Tackles in the league.
Originally posted by Chico:
i can't argue with any of these picks except maybe i'd find a way to put Bowman in there. John Taylor is a stud but Owens is a beast that can't be stopped!
Craig vs Gore...Craig was a game breaker, broke tackles with his high knee action and Gore is just a North/South runner with little speed. I really don't see him breaking long runs or busting tackles like Craig did so i would say Craig is the better pick over Gore...

Craig had only 2 seasons where he had a run over 50 yards. Gore has had 6 seasons with multiple runs of 50 yard runs in some of them. Gore definitely has more 20 yard runs. Craig ran into people a lot and had to bust tackles. Gore's eyes and patience at the line of scrimmage is second to none in 49er gear. Sorry, have to disagree.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
No one has brought up Harris Barton at T. He was dominant for us...we won three Super Bowls with him as one of the best Tackles in the league.

Bob St Clair- overrated. Saw him play often. A SF legend having played highschool, college and pro football at Kezar Stadium. He was kind of a side show. 6' 9", ate raw steak in front of reporters.
Kind of gangly and slow. Love having him in our history but for my money, give me Harris Barton here.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/177823-all-time-49ers-team/page2/#xc3cUlskjTyqHwR1.99
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Bob St Clair- overrated. Saw him play often. A SF legend having played highschool, college and pro football at Kezar Stadium. He was kind of a side show. 6' 9", ate raw steak in front of reporters.
Kind of gangly and slow. Love having him in our history but for my money, give me Harris Barton here.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/177823-all-time-49ers-team/page2/#xc3cUlskjTyqHwR1.99

+1. Good inclusion as Barton was tough and a talented anchor at T. By the way, you've got a few years on me as a fan...I was a little kid when I started liking the Niners, just before the DeBerg-Montana QB rotation. It was tough back then as the Niners were bad and I grew up in Raiders country here in the East Bay...unfortunately, the Raiders were good in the '70s. Remember the Niners' slogan, 'Roarin' Back'?
+1. Good inclusion as Barton was tough and a talented anchor at T. By the way, you've got a few years on me as a fan...I was a little kid when I started liking the Niners, just before the DeBerg-Montana QB rotation. It was tough back then as the Niners were bad and I grew up in Raiders country here in the East Bay...unfortunately, the Raiders were good in the '70s. Remember the Niners' slogan, 'Roarin' Back'?

I am from Hayward
Let's not forget the great but short career of FB William Flyod

I too grew up in the Easty Bay in the 70s, where if they weren't a Raiders fan they claimed they were fans of Cowboys or Steelers. Tough times, lots of fights on the playground. And I think it was '79 or '80 when the 49ers had the "Roarin' Back" slogan...I had the t-shirt, it had a running back on it, not an actual picture but more like a drawing, might have even been #36 which would've been Paul Hofer's number.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
I too grew up in the Easty Bay in the 70s, where if they weren't a Raiders fan they claimed they were fans of Cowboys or Steelers. Tough times, lots of fights on the playground. And I think it was '79 or '80 when the 49ers had the "Roarin' Back" slogan...I had the t-shirt, it had a running back on it, not an actual picture but more like a drawing, might have even been #36 which would've been Paul Hofer's number.

You're right, it was tough times on the playground and, as fans of the 49ers, we had to take the talk from the Raiders fans back then. When Eddie D. and then Walsh came into the picture, it was great to see the Niners turn it around. Good memory you have about that t-shirt...it was a RB on the front and I believe it was Hofer (he was a tough-running RB). That slogan...I can almost hear to this day Lon Simmons occasionally saying it when listening to games on the radio during the times I wasn't able to watch on T.V.
Originally posted by 60sFan:

I loved Harris Barton, but please. Bob St. Clair overrated?! He started in five pro-bowls. He wasn't slow - he may look slow in old film because he was 6-9 and had a very long stride when he'd pull out. He was kind of an intimidating freak - he loved to pancake defensive ends and I saw him do that many times. He was the classic play-angry player. He was a real good run blocker and a pass protector. He also played special teams and blocked something like 10 field goals. He also played goal line defense. And, he's in the Hall of Fame so I can see why he's on this list.
double post

But, let me also point out that I once saw St. Clair pancake a defensive end, step on him and over him and then hit a linebacker with his forearm who went down like a rag doll all on the same running play. The guy really was a beast.
[ Edited by crake49 on Mar 28, 2014 at 4:02 PM ]

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/mobile/index.php?num=176931

We started this discussion in January. Looks like we are close on many players.
tough choice
imo
1. the best: 1988-89 back2kcab sb winners
2. my favorite:1994 highest scoring 49ers team 505.6 points
3. the most memorable:1981 "THE CATCH"

Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL Jersey just need $18.99Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.Super Bowl Championship Rings I to XLVII 2014_Super_Bowl_XLVIII_Patch Available NowShare our site on Facebook you can get the 5% discount code!~We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!Enjoy the best online shipping experience www.efeelsports.ru
Share 49ersWebzone