LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Great Job by the Front Office...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Don't they have to give Kap a raise now? According to MM Gabberts contract is fully guaranteed. Meaning he gets his 2 million this year or not.

They can offer him a contract any time they want. He doesn't have to sign it.
Originally posted by nj9er:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by nj9er:
Keep in mind his may be Jim's last year if rumors are true. If that's the case and they don't reach an extension they won't let him coach 2015. Without him around we are 8-8 or 9-7. Kap isn't Peyton who can lead a team no matter who the coach is. If Jed says is true and Jim will be extended after draft I'll feel a little better about the moves.

I guess you all like coming so close and losing year after year that solidifying back up spots excites you. Is Martin and upgrade over Synder? No. Is Gabbert better than McCoy I don't know. Is Bethea better than Whitner probably without the roughness calls may fare a little better.

I don't know the market on Edelman, Jacoby Jones, Munnerlyn and I don't pretend to. I do know they aren't too tier guys but are upgrades at positions of needs. Do you like the thought of Culliver coming off injury being the #2 corner. I know I don't feel great about it. Do I want Patton to improve absolutely. Have him at 4th WR and push for the 3 job and not to mention if Crabs or Boldin go down were not left with Marlon Moore and Baldwin again.

Still work to be done here and in draft excited for Carradine and Lattimore to see the field.

I love Boldin and Dawson coming back but I still need more substance.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10548086/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-says-want-more-power-money

Kap in the playoffs - 4-2
Payton in the playoffs- 11-12

Payton under Dungy went to Super Bowl, Peyton under Caldwell went to Super Bowl , Peyton under Fox went to Super Bowl. Kap still has less than a 60% completion rate. Most coaches don't like that. Harbaugh makes Kap better Peyton makes his coaches better there's a difference.

Are you comparing a 15 year vet to someone who has only played 1.5 years of games?

I'll guarantee one thing. Kaep will have much more production than Manning in the next 10 years. Manning will retired within next 2-3 years.
[ Edited by kronik on Mar 12, 2014 at 3:35 PM ]
Originally posted by crake49:
Don't they have to give Kap a raise now? According to MM Gabberts contract is fully guaranteed. Meaning he gets his 2 million this year or not.

True, but it is going to be very odd if they go into the season with Blaine making 2 million and Kap making 1 million.
Originally posted by crake49:

True, but it is going to be very odd if they go into the season with Blaine making 2 million and Kap making 1 million.

Not really considering it is still a contract Kaep signed. Heck, when A Smith became the backup, he was still making WAY more than Kaep.

Originally posted by kidash98:
Not really considering it is still a contract Kaep signed. Heck, when A Smith became the backup, he was still making WAY more than Kaep.

Ya but the Smith situation was different in the way it played out.

This would be very odd if your starter (I know it is a contract he signed) is out there making half as much as the s**tty backup you have.

This would be very odd if your starter (I know it is a contract he signed) is out there making half as much as the s**tty backup you have.

Well, again, you don't know Gabbert is going to look as bad as he did on the Jaguars. Different team and more importantly, different coaches and system. With Kaepernick and contracts, I think the ball is going to be in his court. I'm guessing the Niners have already indicated what kind of contract they're likely to offer and Kaepernick's agents are in the posturing phase.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran

Yeah but Smith was incumbent who got injured and lost his job and was traded immediately after the season.

Again, it happens. I have a feeling he is either holding out to get a monster payday next year.... OR he hasn't received the offer he wants from the 49ers (Kaep).

Either or, he's still getting paid more than a lot of us will ever see...

• cciowa
  • Veteran
the way some of you make"getting over the hump" sound is like it this HUGE ASS mountain we need to climb. had the throw to crabs been a titch better we would have been in the super bowl and there is no one who can set there with a straight face and tell me we would have lost to denver... getting over the hump is not about adding a player in my opinion,, its about doing the little things well because the little things lead to the big things.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by susweel:
Great job my ass we downgraded our SS, got probably the worst QB in the NFL to be our back up, and got an emo little b***h from the dolphins that nobody else wanted.

yah real great job

sus gonna sus
when sus does it, everyone laughs,, when san diego does it,, well. we upgraded our safety,, give me proof that our new man with a super bowl ring is worse than drive extender , suck at pass coverage whitner

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
We probably lost a little with whitner but not too much. I think if we draft a strong safety in top sixty well be set.

how and why,,,, i just do not understand people who think this
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Anyone else think that the Martin acquisition was Baalke's and FO first attempt at repairing their relationship with Harbaugh? Harbaugh has always been an advocate of trying to land his former players from Stanford. The move makes sense for offensive depth and if they ever lose A.Davis or Iupati but I think this was a move to get Harbaugh feeling welcome once again.

Thoughts?
one had nothing to do with the other, case closed. good job in trying to keep a dead story alive
Originally posted by cciowa:
We probably lost a little with whitner but not too much. I think if we draft a strong safety in top sixty well be set.

we lost continuity at the very least, that's what!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:

we lost continuity at the very least, that's what!
hahahaha. our new man is a pro, both on the field and in the locker room. continuity! i imagine that is what you were saying when we lost goldson and we saw what took place there. i would trade "continuity" for a all pro, solid tackler, no penalty , good locker room, decent pass support safety who knows what it takes to win a super bowl. oh and i am sure he and reid will click right away,.,. "continuity".. lol
the way some of you make"getting over the hump" sound is like it this HUGE ASS mountain we need to climb. had the throw to crabs been a titch better we would have been in the super bowl and there is no one who can set there with a straight face and tell me we would have lost to denver... getting over the hump is not about adding a player in my opinion,, its about doing the little things well because the little things lead to the big things.

Share 49ersWebzone