There are 183 users in the forums

mangini worries me

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i can see why having a defensive guy as an offensive consultant would be cool. like if our OC would ask him how a defense would most likely play a certain playcall but roman has three plays he likes to call. magina is getting payed for nothing
Originally posted by kentc1978:
I do get a small inkling that Mangini being on the roster is a subtle hint that should anything happen, there's always a guy on the staff with HC experience that could take over. Me personally, I don't think Mangini should be the guy. Honestly, I'm not sure anyone on the roster would give me any kind of confidence that he could replace Harbaugh. There's been talk about Tomsula, but as much as I think he's a great coach, I'm not 100% sure he's HC material.

Former Bronco tight end Nate Jackson wrote a book titled Slow Getting Up. In it he talks about being invited to Browns camp after being released by Denver. He has some very choice words for Mangini and paints a picture of Mangini being a substandard head coach with poor leadership. No, Jackson didn't make the team and maybe he harbors some hard feelings because of it, but if Mangini is anything like the book portrays id rather have Singletary back.
[ Edited by AZ9erfan520 on Mar 6, 2014 at 8:42 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Originally posted by kentc1978:
I do get a small inkling that Mangini being on the roster is a subtle hint that should anything happen, there's always a guy on the staff with HC experience that could take over. Me personally, I don't think Mangini should be the guy. Honestly, I'm not sure anyone on the roster would give me any kind of confidence that he could replace Harbaugh. There's been talk about Tomsula, but as much as I think he's a great coach, I'm not 100% sure he's HC material.

Former Bronco tight end Nate Jackson wrote a book titled Slow Getting Up. In it he talks about being invited to Browns camp after being released by Denver. He has some very choice words for Mangini and paints a picture of Mangini being a substandard head coach with poor leadership. No, Jackson didn't make the team and maybe he harbors some hard feelings because of it, but if Mangini is anything like the book portrays id rather have Singletary back.

Harbaugh gets to pick his coaching staff.

I may not understand the hiring of Mangini, but I am sure Harbaugh does.

I do not think the presence of Mangini rates as a mid-major concern, or even a D2 concern.
It is more like an NAIA level concern.
[ Edited by buck on Mar 6, 2014 at 9:41 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Bizarro world. If there isn't enough paranoia in the press, NinerTalk is now inventing its own fiction.

And it is bad, really bad, fiction.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by English:
Bizarro world. If there isn't enough paranoia in the press, NinerTalk is now inventing its own fiction.

And it is bad, really bad, fiction.
Stranger than fiction
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
the decisions he made on what to throw the flag on should be enough to get his ass fired.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
the decisions he made on what to throw the flag on should be enough to get his ass fired.

Impossibly bad. With the benefit or replay! That's all I had to see to pass judgement on mangina
  • buck
  • Veteran

Originally posted by jbeale49:

Impossibly bad. With the benefit or replay! That's all I had to see to pass judgement on mangina

Did the team improve in making challenges this year?

Which of the bad calls were made by Mangini? Which of the good calls were made by Mangini?

How do we know who made what call?

If Mangini was in charge of the challenges, how often did Harbaugh listen to him?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jbeale49:

it really was/is pathetic. All you need up there is someone with a set of working eyes and an understanding of the NFL rules. He's been in the NFL long enough to know what he should challenge and what he shouldn't. Most of us here could do a better job.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Did the team improve in making challenges this year?

Which of the bad calls were made by Mangini? Which of the good calls were made by Mangini?

How do we know who made what call?

If Mangini was in charge of the challenges, how often did Harbaugh listen to him?

as far as I know, that was Mangini's job all season. I can honestly only think of one or two good challenges. The rest, dookie.

• buck
  • Veteran
as far as I know, that was Mangini's job all season. I can honestly only think of one or two good challenges. The rest, dookie.

I thought they (the team) did better on the challenges this year, but I really do not know.

The challenge on the touchdown by Davis was good. Well, at least they, somebody, not sure who, got that one right.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I thought they (the team) did better on the challenges this year, but I really do not know.

The challenge on the touchdown by Davis was good. Well, at least they, somebody, not sure who, got that one right.
yep
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Mar 6, 2014 at 10:17 AM ]
Wasn't Marathe the booth review guy previously?
Wow...you can really tell this is the off-season. Nuff said.
Share 49ersWebzone