There are 171 users in the forums

mangini worries me

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Eric Mangini got demoted. They assigned him to TE coach because want to him to feel insulted and quit so they don't have to pay him. If they fire him it makes the Niners look bad about making another mistake and they would probably have to pay him.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Eric Mangini got demoted. They assigned him to TE coach because want to him to feel insulted and quit so they don't have to pay him. If they fire him it makes the Niners look bad about making another mistake and they would probably have to pay him.

link?
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Em will not be the 49ers HC ever

I've witnessed worse things happen.
And will not from a coaching stand point ever again

I think the hc pecking order are as follows

Fangio
Tomsula
Roman
Seely
Mangini
Chryst
Rathman
my list

1. Roman (Just cause he is the OC and if he cant perform he's gone)
2. Fangio (Dont fix whats not broken)
3. Mangini
4. Tomsula (Only reason he was asked to be HC was from a poor staff ahead of him)
5. Can insert anyone if it got this bad
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
listen to my homie 49allthetime. the man knows more than anybody here besides me.
[ Edited by Amir on Mar 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Fangio
Tomsula
Roman
Seely
Mangini
Chryst
Rathman
my list

3. Mangini
4. Tomsula (Only reason he was asked to be HC was from a poor staff ahead of him)
roman did not perform last year and he is still here. even if he took that stuff that gives you a 4 hour erection he still could not perform
  • Geeked
  • Veteran

Fangio
Tomsula
Roman
Seely
Mangini
Chryst
Rathman

Roman is last (most likely not on the list). Personally, I feel his existence is the center of whatever internal conflict taking place in 49er land.
As HC I would think that Harbaugh has full control of who is on his staff, unless you have proof otherwise.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Mangini has always been a defensive minded coach
It was said he was brought on as an offensive consultant to help from a defensive prospective

The team moved Reggie Davis from TE coach to co-assistant OL coach and Mangini to TE coach
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
As HC I would think that Harbaugh has full control of who is on his staff, unless you have proof otherwise.

He does. Always has. It was reported immediately after the Harbaugh hire. I could find a link but I'm too lazy . . . plus I'm pretty sure that's the norm in the NFL.
Originally posted by cciowa:

Fangio
Tomsula
Roman
Seely
Mangini
Chryst
Rathman
my list

3. Mangini
roman did not perform last year and he is still here. even if he took that stuff that gives you a 4 hour erection he still could not perform
In Reality, This is not about who is better. This is about Business. (If JH left without his staff)

Put your weak link at the top and force them to succeed..you dont want to put your best DC at the top and have him go elsewhere at the end of the season.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

Fangio
Tomsula
Roman
Seely
Mangini
Chryst
Rathman
my list

3. Mangini
In Reality, This is not about who is better. This is about Business. (If JH left without his staff)

Put your weak link at the top and force them to succeed..you dont want to put your best DC at the top and have him go elsewhere at the end of the season.
i know but roman just ,, what did my dad used to say...... he gives me a pain where a pill won't reach , my problem, not yours and just the thought of him as a niner head coach is just a terrifying prospect
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sconniepanther:
Going back to last year I've never understood the value this hire brought. Now I think its obvious it was a contract negotiation ploy and quite frankly it sucks.
mangini is a baalke guy and former head coach and is used as another subtle jab at harbaugh and to weaken his contract stance.
Jed and ballke are playing a dangerous game... it would be very very difficult to replace jim and staff and continuity in place.

Baalke has hit some home runs but he certainly has whiffed his share too. 2011 was very strong but 2012 was equally weak. So that leaves 2013 to judge...
Reid is very good and lemonoir showed flashes but he took big gambles on tank and Marcus that need to pay off.
and McDonald needs to show big improvement for 2013 to look good.

Meanwhile. . Harbaugh has sustained success everywhere he's been without fail. To me harbaugh is the safer bet between the two but Jed obviously feels differently.
I hope this ends well

Harbaugh selects his coaches. Mangini is a coach.

At the Combine Harbaugh and Mangini were sitting next to each other.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Is there a Florio Award?

If there is you and the OP have a chance of winning it.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

He does. Always has. It was reported immediately after the Harbaugh hire. I could find a link but I'm too lazy . . . plus I'm pretty sure that's the norm in the NFL.

This. The whole premise of the thread is thereby debunked. Sorry, OP, conspiracy theories are fun, but this one has no basis in fact. Baalke didn't hire Mangini. Harbaugh has contractual control over the coaching staff.
Originally posted by kentc1978:
I do get a small inkling that Mangini being on the roster is a subtle hint that should anything happen, there's always a guy on the staff with HC experience that could take over. Me personally, I don't think Mangini should be the guy. Honestly, I'm not sure anyone on the roster would give me any kind of confidence that he could replace Harbaugh. There's been talk about Tomsula, but as much as I think he's a great coach, I'm not 100% sure he's HC material.

Tomsula has been the choice for HC before and was HC in NFL Europe. He has as much experience being a HC in the NFL than Harbaugh did coming in.
Share 49ersWebzone