LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Will Lattimore Bury Hunter In Depth?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Lattimore Bury Hunter In Depth?

I have a feeling that his young legs and raw skill are going to force the team to start him.

If he returns close to college form the 49ers have a top 5 back
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
If there is too much talent at RB ...someone will eventually get traded....all 4 of our RB's can be serviceable for any team in the league , releasing any of them would be like throwing away money , I could see Hunter being traded on draft day, even though I would hate to see him leave ...we cant use 4 RB's on game day, so something has gotta give

I disagree about trading Hunter. He is the only known commodity right now other than Gore. If anyone of our backs gets traded its LMJ.
wrong thread
[ Edited by lucky_49 on Mar 8, 2014 at 9:23 AM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Lat will rush for close to 1000 and over 4.5 ypc.
I voted yes on the poll.

However,I honestly feel and hope that Marcus will be a breakout star soon.I may be wrong,but im jus hoping my feeling is on the money.

Nothing at all against Frank in the least,love him to death.I would really love to see Marcus be so f**kin good,he snatches the starting spot in camp,he n Frank split time,and we just run all over mfs.Straight up 1-2 punch,to the tune of 1000yds a piece.

Then we will be faced with a real conumdrum(spell check lol)in 2015.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Mar 9, 2014 at 12:29 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
so we have a number of people in one thread willing to get rid of frank,, we have a number of posters in this thread thinking hunter will be buried by marcus. considering this guy has not seen a nfl snap , he has achieved nate davis status on the webzone in record time. has not seen a snap and has already displaced our two top backs from last year.. so let me get this straight, we should cut frank,trade both james and hunter and just give the keys to the kid? better have terry kirbys phone number near by
I AM THE FUTURE!!!!!
Gore
Hunter
Lattimore

James
Dixon

Gone
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I AM THE FUTURE!!!!!

yes we know how long he lasted
Who cares? The best guy needs to start regardless. Don't care if it's Frank, LMJ, Kendall, Lattimore, etc. Hunter has is moments but he gets tackled too easily. We need a beast out there.

all depends on camp folks. if he tears it up then yes he will be the #2. i expect hunter to be back in full form too.
Originally posted by Amir:
how about this guy makes it thru one entire season without getting hurt before he gets put ahead of Hunter.

How about one play before we put him above a seasoned vet that knows the system and understands NFL defences?

I love the potential of Latt, but come on guys, he has never been hit by a Matthews, an Allen, a Ware. We have no idea if he is as good as we hope he is, or if he is made out of glass. Let the preseason come and we can have this debate, until then, its all speculation. Gotta love the off season on the zone.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
how about this guy makes it thru one entire season without getting hurt before he gets put ahead of Hunter.

How about one play before we put him above a seasoned vet that knows the system and understands NFL defences?

I love the potential of Latt, but come on guys, he has never been hit by a Matthews, an Allen, a Ware. We have no idea if he is as good as we hope he is, or if he is made out of glass. Let the preseason come and we can have this debate, until then, its all speculation. Gotta love the off season on the zone.

I wouldn't worry about Lattimore and his injury Gore is the perfect example of proving doubters wrong coming out of college both ACL. Gore is the starter and Hunter CAN'T run inside we remember the Carolina game where he got blown up it and FUMBLE it can't get any worse. Lattimore is a tough runner and expect him to bury Hunter in the depth chart rooting for the kid
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by frozen49er:

I wouldn't worry about Lattimore and his injury Gore is the perfect example of proving doubters wrong coming out of college both ACL. Gore is the starter and Hunter CAN'T run inside we remember the Carolina game where he got blown up it and FUMBLE it can't get any worse. Lattimore is a tough runner and expect him to bury Hunter in the depth chart rooting for the kid

Dont get me wrong. I am rooting that in two years Latt is the man and puts up AP type numbers. But we have all yet to see him run. Not everyone can do what Gire did. I hope that Latt can, but I'm a realist. He hasn't unseated Hunter or even LMJ at this point because he hasnt run the ball. Wait till preseason, then we should know what we have. Worst case, Gire Hunter LMJ draft pick. Best case, Gire Latt Hunter LMJ. Thats a serious backfield that ANY team would envy.
Hope so, because that'd mean he's a pretty good back. :)
Share 49ersWebzone