There are 157 users in the forums

Is it time to release Frank Gore?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time to release Frank Gore?

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i'm about to release on OP's face.

Not sure if disgusted

or turned on.
No keep him, but he needs to split carries with someone. hes not a full time back anymore.
Frank is out best pass blocking running back, has the best vision, patience, and feet. Even with his old legs he can still finish games with the best of them. Hell he single handedly put Seattle away at the stick last season. He's got at least 1-2 more 1,000 yard, 10 touchdown years left in him. He takes great care of his body and does not take big hits.
I would dump Frank Gore. Remember that pass he dropped with 7:50 left in the Saints game with the 49ers up 20-17 on 3rd down from their own 25 yard line when Kap scrambles to his left and dropped a sweet ALL BY HIMSELF PASS THAT HE WOULD HAVE AT WORST GOTTEN WELL INTO SAINTS territory if not scored a TD. We need more spee & power and explosiveness back there. Enough of this sentimental stuff. You guys think Seattle or the Ravens gave a Hoot about sentiments? He's DONE PEOPLE, deal with it. He's an alltime 49er and NFL great but for 2014 and at 6.4 mill he is toast. If he does stay, I hope its at a lower number and as a bckup to a veteran or Kendall Hynter and or Lattimore.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
No keep him, but he needs to split carries with someone. hes not a full time back anymore.

Guess that depends on what you feel full time is. I still think Frank takes the majority of the snaps this year, but if Lattimore is truly healthy then I think he gets the carries a 1st or 2nd round pick would get in a normal situation, and Hunter will be 2 seasons removed from his injury and he looked real good at times last year, not so good others.

There is a lot of talent in our backfield. We are the definition of deep at the rb position. A lot of it is unproven though. I am really pulling for Lattimore but how can you not. Can't question his heart nor his love of the game, that's for sure.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I would dump Frank Gore. Remember that pass he dropped with 7:50 left in the Saints game with the 49ers up 20-17 on 3rd down from their own 25 yard line when Kap scrambles to his left and dropped a sweet ALL BY HIMSELF PASS THAT HE WOULD HAVE AT WORST GOTTEN WELL INTO SAINTS territory if not scored a TD. We need more spee & power and explosiveness back there. Enough of this sentimental stuff. You guys think Seattle or the Ravens gave a Hoot about sentiments? He's DONE PEOPLE, deal with it. He's an alltime 49er and NFL great but for 2014 and at 6.4 mill he is toast. If he does stay, I hope its at a lower number and as a bckup to a veteran or Kendall Hynter and or Lattimore.

So I guess that negates the run he broke in Candlestick that lead us to the win versus the Seahawks? Or the fact that he had a Pro Bowl season? Let's not forget that had the refs not screwed us in New Orleans that the drop passed would be irrelevant.

With our conservative coaching staff? Never happen. They value Gore too much for his blocking. Gore will play out this last year, maybe restructure to add a year and some cap relief. Can't open a new stadium without a legend like Frank. Best ever at a position that has had some really good players historically. Im hopping Lattimore is starting in 2015, maybe even at some point in 2014, but hope to see Frank as a major contributor in the chase for SB49 and get that ring.
Best 49er Back ever? Not really, Have you ever heard of Roger Craig and Ricky Watters? I would take one of those guys Quickly over Gore. C'mon now ^
Best 49er Back ever? Not really, Have you ever heard of Roger Craig and Ricky Watters? I would take one of those guys Quickly over Gore. C'mon now ^

Gore over Craig and Watters for sure. Frank has been a beast on some piss poor teams. Craig and Watters played on way better teams. Check the numbers bro.

Originally posted by 24plus25er:

So I guess that negates the run he broke in Candlestick that lead us to the win versus the Seahawks? Or the fact that he had a Pro Bowl season? Let's not forget that had the refs not screwed us in New Orleans that the drop passed would be irrelevant.

He also caught that 17 yard pass on 4th down to keep the season alive in the NFCCG. That gets forgotten because of how the game ended, but it's not like he can't catch. He's done enough great things to forgive him for one dropped ad-lib pass in New Orleans.
Watters only had 3 years as a 49er, which all 3 years were AMAZING on a PASS HEAVY offense, Watters also was an AMAZING receiver and was way more versatile then Gore. Gore is the better power runner then Watters but that's where it ends. Watters played for mediocre Philly & Seachicken teams after he left the 49ers and STILL produced. Watters 78 TDs, 10,000 yards + 4,000 yards receiving. Gore 9900 yards 60 tds, 2700 yards receiving. Numbers Never LIE ^
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

He also caught that 17 yard pass on 4th down to keep the season alive in the NFCCG. That gets forgotten because of how the game ended, but it's not like he can't catch. He's done enough great things to forgive him for one dropped ad-lib pass in New Orleans.

With a broke bone in his hand at that!
gore getting more excuses than alex smith up in dis thread
LMAO you people are really really bored..
Frank has been the heart and soul of this team... when they team needs a boost.. here comes frank down the middle.. the POWER back... thats his role... he PLOWS through the middle of the line.. he did his job last season and will do his job this season... you have Lattimore/Hunter/James to run on the outside.. Every team has that 1-2 punch. Hunter is a good back but lets be real we cannot be successful if we cant plow through the middle.. Until Frank proves otherwise .. He's a 49ers!
Share 49ersWebzone