LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Is it time to release Frank Gore?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time to release Frank Gore?

Is this a Marvin49 alternate username?
Originally posted by Handlesit:
Gore broke a ring finger during the Seattle game and had surgery to repair it. The fact is documented.

Good cop out! I say he was on the bench because he wasn't cutting it.
NO
Originally posted by mutant-man49:

Your slippers have arrived, San Diego.

[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Mar 4, 2014 at 5:54 PM ]
Gore needs a ring! He can still produce, but we definitely need him to take a lesser role this season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Handlesit:
Gore broke a ring finger during the Seattle game and had surgery to repair it. The fact is documented.

i assume you are joking. he did break his finger , am pretty sure it took place before he caught that huge fourth down pass?? if you are not joking then you are pretty sad
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

this a huge insult to san diego in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

this a huge insult to san diego in my opinion

Our O-Line IS really good, but our playcalling and formations tip our hand a lot. I'm sorry, but I don't care how well you run the ball, you can't line up in a super jumbo formation on every 3rd and 3 and run a double counter trap and expect success.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Our O-Line IS really good, but our playcalling and formations tip our hand a lot. I'm sorry, but I don't care how well you run the ball, you can't line up in a super jumbo formation on every 3rd and 3 and run a double counter trap and expect success.

most normal oc's know it is f**king stupid to run a running back up the middle all the time vs 9 men

Originally posted by T-9ers:
^^ I'm with this . Frank is the heart and soul of this tteam , you can't disrespect a legend over a couple million bucks. Wehave to be loyal and do things the right way. When our Niners take down #6, Frank needs to be the first guy clutching the Lombardi trophy .

This is about winning number 6. Frank making that much, staying on this team does not make the team better

I don't see any scenario where Frank is not a valuable asset to the team as either the starter, back up, mentor, 3rd down back ,coach ,etc. Paying Frank out his contract will not stop us from winning #6 . If its up to me, I bring in another back to compete and the best guy should start regardless . Kadeem Carey from the Uof A is my first choice. Also wouldn't mind calling Mcfadden's agent just to see how much .
Originally posted by cciowa:
i assume you are joking. he did break his finger , am pretty sure it took place before he caught that huge fourth down pass?? if you are not joking then you are pretty sad

Case in point, why was gore not on the field after the catch? When it matters the most, Hunter was getting the reps because he proved more affective. I think it's bs that you use the injury as an excuse for our top back not being on the field when he played with the break in previous plays. Gore would not use the broken finger as an excuse. If it was up to him he would have been in the game. He was pulled and the finger had zero reason to do with it.
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Mar 4, 2014 at 10:49 PM ]
The NFC title game was a tough game for Gore, but I don't think it's time to cut him. If he was to take a pay cut (I really don't see why he wouldn't be willing to) he'll be a valuable asset. I like the possibility of using him and Lattimore the way Hearst/Barlow were used in the last 2 successful seasons before Harbaugh. Of course Hunter would figure into the equation as well.
Case in point, why was gore not on the field after the catch? When it matters the most, Hunter was getting the reps because he proved more affective. I think it's bs that you use the injury as an excuse for our top back not being on the field when he played with the break in previous plays. Gore would not use the broken finger as an excuse. If it was up to him he would have been in the game. He was pulled and the finger had zero reason to do with it.

• buck
  • Veteran

broken finger--excuse or reason?

troll--separate species or mutant men?
Share 49ersWebzone