LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Is it time to release Frank Gore?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time to release Frank Gore?

Frank is scheduled to make 6 mil this coming season, granted the FO will ask Frank to take a pay cut but is the 2-4 mil he'll still make worth his dwindling production? Look, I'll forever love Frank. One of the best 49ers of all-time but I feel keeping him on the roster/on the field hinders what our offense can do. His production fell off drastically big time towards the end of the season. hunter looked effective when give the opportunity and Latimore is ready for his chance. Whether he works out or not, the offense has to move on from Frank. Maybe Frank has a little left in the tank but if LT can get cut by the Chargers, then the same can be done with Frank. Let's give LatImore and Hunter the chance to be a one-two punch, keep Dixon for short yardage. I'm tired of all of Gore's 1-2 yard runs up the middle every time.

Opinions? Good or bad lets hear em
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Mar 7, 2014 at 10:23 PM ]
Keep him, he'll play Garrison Hearst, and have Latimore play Kevan Barlow 2.0
Gore isn't going anywhere
It's time for Frank Gore to release a can of woop ass on the NFL. One last great season to win #6, before younger guys start to eat into his carries.
I say Frank has about half a season left of being a good rb l
Dump him. He gave the 49ers 9 GREAT years but too much wear and tear. No speed left and too one dimensional and expensive.
If we want Lattimore or whoevers Gores successor to be successful we keep Gore at least for this season.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Can't rely on other unproven RB's. Let's see what they can give us or can they even stay healthy? Until then Frank Gore has my vote.
It's time to release you
NO! now go in the corner and flog yourself for your shameful, despicable thread!

• titan
  • Veteran
LMAO!!!^^^^^^^
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Can't let Gore go in the middle of our SB run, but he at least has to take a pay cut. Cut his salary in half and I'll be happy.
It's blasphemy I know, but the time as come to think of a running game sans Gore has come. I think and Latimore/hunter duo will be more potent than Gore/Hunter.
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Mar 3, 2014 at 8:37 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
It's blasphemy I know, but the time as come to think over a running game sans Gore has come. I think and Latimore/hunter duo will be more potent than Gore/Hunter.

Lattimore's hasn't played an NFL down or even had a full practice?! It's not even sure if his knee would hold up. So I don't see how you think that combo would be better?
Share 49ersWebzone