LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

If it comes down to it, who would you rather have?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If it comes down to it, who would you rather have?

Please lord NFL. Please give jed york the balls to give JH what he wants and tell Baalke to go back to the island of meepos
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I can't believe so many 49ers fans are really believing this BS.

What's not to believe? Harbaugh could walk eventually if he's not happy with the contract.., but on the other end where there's smoke there usually is fire..For me it's the fact that the Browns were such a mess going into finding a coach makes me believe they exaggerated this to save some face...
I don't think the problem stems from Florio's story of a possibility of a trade. I don't believe that's the issue at all. Whether you believe his story or not, Florio's reporting exposed the underlying issue of friction among the Niner front office and Harbaugh. That's the real issue here. At this point, I don't see a resolution to this mess unless JH wins a SB next season.. Both parties have clearly drawn their lines in the sand and they are not budging. Very, very sad situation.
[ Edited by obx49 on Feb 24, 2014 at 9:51 PM ]
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Lets look at the tape

Baalke--- takes over talented roster, but was also scout before GM (lead scout maybe?) Has added significant talent. Has worked with Paraag to master the cap. Hasn't overpaid anyone. His major whiffs have been on offensive players, and it has been said that Harbaugh has a lot of input as far as drafting offensive players. Has put together an elite defensive coaching staff. finds gems in UDFA--- such as Brock and Ian williams

which brings us too

Harbaugh (and the offensive staff he brought with him from stanford)---- Has his own offensive system, which worked for awhile but now is not so lethal, given that we have an all-pro line, all-pro TE, all-pro FB, and pretty good WRs... and our QB can run like hell... he is a fine leader of men but his in-game management is laughable--- the play calling is not fluid, the time outs are embarressing and our challenge percentages were some of the worst in the league... we run when the league is begging us to pass... our route concepts have been described as 'remedial'...

Our roster is loaded, and our defense in 2011 was historic. I contend that any good coach would have been successful in this situation, we just needed to stop hiring people like Singletary, and that all changed when we hired Baalke. Baalke has constructed the team. The defense has played at a championship level. And when its all on the line the past two years, we can't score when we have to, and in the playoffs, you gotta score. This is an offensive problem. First and goal from the 5 and no ring? Doesn't sound like a Baalke problem to me

I don't dislike Harbaugh, but you people who would rather keep the coach are CRAZY!!!!

You think any good coach in 2011 could come in, with no off season, with Alex at QB, and take a perennial loser team to overtime in the NFCC? I think it takes a great coach to do something like that.

Yup. These people are ridiculous thinking we can just plug in another coach and be just as if more successful than we have been. We went from a decade of darkness and losing to three straight years in the NFC Championship, all since Harbaugh has been here. It's actually, People who would rather keep the GM are CRAZY!!!!

Not just any good coach...

Baalke being the master ninja that he is would find the next Chip Kelly and we'd be off and running. And maybe using LaMichael James! And McDonald! And Patton! And Hunter!
If Baalke goes who would be the best man for the job?
Lets look at the tape

Baalke--- takes over talented roster, but was also scout before GM (lead scout maybe?) Has added significant talent. Has worked with Paraag to master the cap. Hasn't overpaid anyone. His major whiffs have been on offensive players, and it has been said that Harbaugh has a lot of input as far as drafting offensive players. Has put together an elite defensive coaching staff. finds gems in UDFA--- such as Brock and Ian williams

which brings us too

Harbaugh (and the offensive staff he brought with him from stanford)---- Has his own offensive system, which worked for awhile but now is not so lethal, given that we have an all-pro line, all-pro TE, all-pro FB, and pretty good WRs... and our QB can run like hell... he is a fine leader of men but his in-game management is laughable--- the play calling is not fluid, the time outs are embarressing and our challenge percentages were some of the worst in the league... we run when the league is begging us to pass... our route concepts have been described as 'remedial'...

Our roster is loaded, and our defense in 2011 was historic. I contend that any good coach would have been successful in this situation, we just needed to stop hiring people like Singletary, and that all changed when we hired Baalke. Baalke has constructed the team. The defense has played at a championship level. And when its all on the line the past two years, we can't score when we have to, and in the playoffs, you gotta score. This is an offensive problem. First and goal from the 5 and no ring? Doesn't sound like a Baalke problem to me

I don't dislike Harbaugh, but you people who would rather keep the coach are CRAZY!!!!

You think any good coach in 2011 could come in, with no off season, with Alex at QB, and take a perennial loser team to overtime in the NFCC? I think it takes a great coach to do something like that.

Yup. These people are ridiculous thinking we can just plug in another coach and be just as if more successful than we have been. We went from a decade of darkness and losing to three straight years in the NFC Championship, all since Harbaugh has been here. It's actually, People who would rather keep the GM are CRAZY!!!!

Baalke being the master ninja that he is would find the next Chip Kelly and we'd be off and running. And maybe using LaMichael James! And McDonald! And Patton! And Hunter!

I prefer the coach who uses kap, and gore and VD and boldin and crabs.
I think there are like 10 coaches I would like for this team. I can't think of one GM i would prefer. BAAAAALKE!!!!
Lets look at the tape

which brings us too

Yea, he used them perfectly. We did the best we could do for not winning anything. They give prizes for that right?
I think there are like 10 coaches I would like for this team. I can't think of one GM i would prefer. BAAAAALKE!!!!

Then name your top 10 ! hahahaha ! Hello !
Originally posted by JD9671:

Sean Payton
Andy Reid
Mike McCoy
JOHN HARBAUGH
Chip Kelly
Bill Belichik
Bill Bradley
Mike Holgrem (he might come out of retirement for the Niners)
Mike Tomlin
Dick Lebeau

I think all 10 coaches listed would have success with this team, and i bet half of them would have won a ring in the last 3 years. If Sean Payton was running our offense we would have 3 rings
[ Edited by Big_Daddy on Feb 24, 2014 at 10:10 PM ]

Sean Payton
Andy Reid
Mike McCoy
JOHN HARBAUGH
Chip Kelly
Bill Belichik
Bill Bradley
Mike Tomlin
Dick Lebeau

Your ! no 49er Fan ! lol ! We need them both ! Coach ! Is #1 Hes hands on the player ! and they love him !

Lets look at the tape

which brings us too

Yea, he used them perfectly. We did the best we could do for not winning anything. They give prizes for that right?

It was good enough to get to three straight NFCC and the super bowl and two nfc west title and 41 wins in three seasons. Its not easy to win constistantly these days and thAt is all we have been doing. Keep your spirits up and ride with JH. He is a top HC so just hav patience. He is a winner.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Sean Payton
Andy Reid
Mike McCoy
JOHN HARBAUGH
Chip Kelly
Bill Belichik
Bill Bradley
Mike Tomlin
Dick Lebeau

I think all 10 coaches listed would have success with this team, and i bet half of them would have won a ring in the last 3 years. If Sean Payton was running our offense we would have 3 rings

The fact that you listed Dick Lebeau means you really don't pay much attention to football... He was 12-33 in 3 years in Cincinnati and it is widely acknowledged that he is better suited to be a coordinator and not a head coach.
[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 24, 2014 at 10:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

Sean Payton
Andy Reid
Mike McCoy
JOHN HARBAUGH
Chip Kelly
Bill Belichik
Bill Bradley
Mike Tomlin
Dick Lebeau

The fact that you listed Dick Lebeau means you really don't pay much attention to football... He was 12-33 in 3 years in Cincinnati and it is widely acknowledged that he is better suited to be a coordinator and not a head coach.

I want a top 10 ! Not taken coach's ! LMAO !
There are a few things that have me unsure of exactly what Jed will do if faced with this ultimatum. Make no bones about it, I want Harbaugh over Baalke. Baalke is a good talent evaluator but this roster was largely built by Nolan/McCloughan. Harbaugh took an 8-8 team and made f'n history.
What has me worries me is that Jed seems very buddy buddy with Baalke. Has anyone heard any ringing endorsements of Harbaugh from York recently? Also, this entire situation has the feel of Harbaugh already having a foot into the grave. First its all these college jobs, then a trade to freaking Cleveland, now some knuckle head is reporting that Harbaugh can leave tomorrow and the front office wouldn't have a problem with it.
Someone posted earlier saying they can name 10 coaches they would rather have over Harbaugh. Thats great and all, but all those guys are under contract for the foreseeable future. Think of the amount of pressure that would be on whoever takes over. You think anyone in their right mind is going to want that job? If Harbaugh gets let go who is going to be able to focus on coaching when they know three straight NFC championship game appearances isn't good enough to keep their job?
One can argue that Harbaugh is not only responsible for this turn around, but do we get a new stadium with a .500 team? And to show your appreciation to him you act like he's an expendable piece of s**t? Not exactly a ringing endorsement of our front office and owner ship huh? That probably doesn't make Harbaugh feel warm and fuzzy about 2 million extra dollars per year. The ramifications of whatever decision Jed makes are going to be felt for years. Sad thing is we shouldn't even be having this conversation because Harbaugh should have already been extended. I really hope this is just being blown way out of proportion because its the offseason and its slim pickins' as far as NFL news goes. I mean, is ownership really that stupid???!!!?
Lets look at the tape

That elite defensive coaching staff was hand picked by Harbaugh. This discussion has officially taken a turn towards retarded.
Share 49ersWebzone