There are 148 users in the forums

If it comes down to it, who would you rather have?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If it comes down to it, who would you rather have?

Post why you want either one over the other.
[ Edited by D_Niner on Feb 24, 2014 at 3:01 PM ]
Team Harbaalke!
its not even a decision. fire baalke wherever he is and keep jim.

not even a debate or close. pay jim and let baalke deal with it if he can't fire him and next man up. the coach has 41 wins 3 nfc championship appearances 1 super bowl appearance in 3 seasons

there should be no scenario where we give up jim in favor of baalke. the draft is a crap shoot i dont care who the gm is.

the coach is the person who impacts the team the most. the leader of men. not anybody can just do it otherwise teams wouldn't be vowing to try and trade for him with coaches currently in place.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
its not even a decision. fire baalke wherever he is and keep jim.

not even a debate or close. pay jim and let baalke deal with it if he can't fire him and next man up. the coach has 41 wins 3 nfc championship appearances 1 super bowl appearance in 3 seasons

there should be no scenario where we give up jim in favor of baalke. the draft is a crap shoot i dont care who the gm is.

the coach is the person who impacts the team the most. the leader of men. not anybody can just do it otherwise teams wouldn't be vowing to try and trade for him with coaches currently in place.

Baalke is supposed to be one of the best GMs in the league, without him, Jim will eventually be leading a team of scrubs. The talent on this team is all Baalke, imo.

It's a tough choice.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
The Coach!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Fire Baalke and give all the power to Harbaugh.
Baalke can assemble talent, but we've seen what a team with talent and nincompoopery at the head coach can do.

We must keep HARBAUGH, and its not even close for me.
Easily Harbaugh.

Baalke seems like a competent GM -- a really good one, even -- but people romanticize and make him out to be something that he isn't. For example, how many times have we heard "the draft is Baalke's *****." Huh? Seriously? How about his 2012 draft, how did that work out for him?

The key for me is that a large chunk of this team was in place before Baalke stepped in and was GM. He inherited a lot from the previous regime. You can't ignore that.

You also can't ignore that Harbaugh transformed a team that was mired in mediocrity into a back-to-back-to-back NFC Championship team.

Harbaugh is unquestionably elite. Baalke is possibly elite, but I'm not sure that he is. Probably just upper-echelon, but not truly elite.
Also, hopefully we just keep both, and that everything is being blown out of proportion. It's the offseason. The media needs something to make a circus out of. There's probably very little truth to any of this.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Baalke is supposed to be one of the best GMs in the league, without him, Jim will eventually be leading a team of scrubs. The talent on this team is all Baalke, imo.

It's a tough choice.

you said supposed to be though. he was the gm before jim got here correct? how did that work out for him?

its not all baalke for one he didn't want kap.
he did want a.j. jenkins.
but like i said the draft is a crapshoot.
so im not here to penalize him for picks he did make reluctantly or ones he missed on.

COACHING is not a crapshoot.

either you can do it or you can't
garrett in dallas had all the talent in the world for a few season and did NOTHING close to what jim has done. he's still figuring it out. remember this was his 3rd year
this is going to be his 3rd training camp.. he didn't get a 1st one.

the sky is the limit as they figure it out.

Originally posted by theduke85:
Also, hopefully we just keep both, and that everything is being blown out of proportion. It's the offseason. The media needs something to make a circus out of. There's probably very little truth to any of this.

That's what I use to think; but, them not sitting together once at the combine makes me . You would think the HC and GM would discuss candidates together at the combine...
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by verb1der:

It's a tough choice.

you said supposed to be though. he was the gm before jim got here correct? how did that work out for him?

its not all baalke for one he didn't want kap.
he did want a.j. jenkins.
but like i said the draft is a crapshoot.
so im not here to penalize him for picks he did make reluctantly or ones he missed on.

COACHING is not a crapshoot.

either you can do it or you can't
garrett in dallas had all the talent in the world for a few season and did NOTHING close to what jim has done. he's still figuring it out. remember this was his 3rd year
this is going to be his 3rd training camp.. he didn't get a 1st one.

the sky is the limit as they figure it out.

good pt
Originally posted by D_Niner:
That's what I use to think; but, them not sitting together once at the combine makes me . You would think the HC and GM would discuss candidates together at the combine...

that's on baalke. he doesn't want jim treading in on his territory. instead of working completely together he still wants to be the man.

if jim wants more influence so what? you're still the gm and you still draft and sign and work out the contracts you still have power. he just wants jim to input but not make any decisions and that's stupid.

the coach who is going to coach the team should be involved in the process of picking players. but baalke wants it to be him so he has his slice of credit.

get over yourself.

and i know people are going to say the coach should just coach
but when the coach has proven he knows what he's doing and is successful he should be able to help pick players that he's going to continue the success with.
This whole situation is so stupid was Baalke the one who made us a SuperBowl contender after years of misery? Is Baalke the one who put the 49ers back in the spotlight after years of being mediocre? It was all Harbaugh with out him we are a 9-7 team with a first round loss in the playoffs. This just goes to show how Jed and the Yorks have no F'ng idea on how to run a team. There delusional ego makes them think who cares if Harbaugh goes we have Levis Stadium and a talented team that's enough to get us back to the SuperBowl. I'm sick of seeing these articles the fact Harbaughs name has even been mentioned in this manner makes me sick.

And just a F.Y.I. Baalke is a crappy GM he has drafted 28 players since he became GM and only 7 players have made a impact on the team. Eric Reid, Aldon Smith,Collin Kaepernick, Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter, Daniel Kilgore and Bruce Miller. The jury is yet to be decided on some of his other picks.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Feb 24, 2014 at 4:00 PM ]
  • dugo
  • Veteran
The more and more I'm reading about this story, the more I'm thinking the FO will have to make a decision on who they will keep.. There is some bad blood running in the FO and now is threading to corrupt the stability of our Niners. Jed will have to make a choice and bring this to a end,, I'm hoping and thinking after the draft....Of course it only makes sense to keep Harbaugh,, A GM IMHO are way easier to replace then trying to find a top quality coach ( see Dallas or Detroit, lots of talent poorly coached) But who really knows how much pride is involved and how deep that pride runs??
Share 49ersWebzone