LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Craig Dahl's base salary has reduced down to $825K from $1.35M

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Byisgod:
This is absolutely fantastic.

This
Originally posted by lamontb:
Deangelo Hall just got a 4 yr 20 million dollar extension. No way Rogers gets 5 million a year on the open market. I think he'd take 2.5/3 million if that's what they offer him. Even Brown won't command more than Hall in free agency. Rogers might just be straight up released. Gotta get younger

Well we asked him to take a pay cut before Culliver went down this season and he wouldn't but we don't know how much we offered him. Rogers is a good guy and a decent player but we overpaid and I think his value of himself is a little high. Who knows maybe we ask him to restructure for 1 or 2 years at 2.5-3 or whatever and he says no, checks the market then realizes it will be his best offer. I don't see a lot of heat on him as he will be 33 before next season and his best days are behind him. Maybe 2.5-3 is too high, maybe we ask for 2.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 24, 2014 at 2:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This. When I saw him come into the game at safety, I got the same queasy, sick feeling that I used to get when Chilo Rachal came off the bench. He lacks instincts for the position, he's a high quality special teams performer and there's nothing wrong with that.

Yeah you could tell when Reid was out and we lost the 2 games he got his concussions half way through the game (car/sea). Dahl has no business starting but if he did I'd rather he be playing at SS than FS like last year. I do like how everyone freaked out last year after signing him like he would be our starting FS. Very unlikely that was going to ever happen he was brought in for ST, veteran presence, knowledge of the NFCW and his ability to back up SS and FS.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iLL49er:
the real story here is this frees up space to retain donte whitner

barrows reports the 9ers feel good about brigning back whitner and kawakami backed it up...kawakami also reported that niners just waiting on boldin to decide if its a 3yr or a 2yr deal, so that's done deal

whitner and boldin back...we coming, superbowl run

This only freed up 550 K, that's nothing.
Solid depth and ST player. I'll take it.
Originally posted by Hopper:
This only freed up 550 K, that's nothing.
550k here, 550k there. piece by piece you free up cap space to rise the possibility for an extension of Whitner.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
the real story here is this frees up space to retain donte whitner

barrows reports the 9ers feel good about brigning back whitner and kawakami backed it up...kawakami also reported that niners just waiting on boldin to decide if its a 3yr or a 2yr deal, so that's done deal

whitner and boldin back...we coming, superbowl run

Look i understand it maybe a good football team move but i'd hope we would'nt sign either one...We need to get younger N look at all tha free agentz we have coming up that will want bigg money. ..Plan N simple I don't want our 49erz turning into tha Ravenz or cowgirlz in cap h*ll N nothing but overpaid vet'z...
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
^^ I hope so

Ditto

He's been the weak link in the secondary in the last 3 season-ending losses. I hope he's gone too
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Look i understand it maybe a good football team move but i'd hope we would'nt sign either one...We need to get younger N look at all tha free agentz we have coming up that will want bigg money. ..Plan N simple I don't want our 49erz turning into tha Ravenz or cowgirlz in cap h*ll N nothing but overpaid vet'z...
Serious? We are talking about a backup and ST guy who WAS making 1.35 mio. and is cut down to 825k. How do you came up with the Ravens' idea???

We will almost certainly restructure Gore's deal or he is a goner after next season for sure. RayMac and Justin Smith will be done after 2015 I think. Rogers will be surely gone as well.
This will free up a lot of cap space. No need to panic, neither short- nor mid-term, imo.
Originally posted by communist:
Serious? We are talking about a backup and ST guy who WAS making 1.35 mio. and is cut down to 825k. How do you came up with the Ravens' idea???

We will almost certainly restructure Gore's deal or he is a goner after next season for sure. RayMac and Justin Smith will be done after 2015 I think. Rogers will be surely gone as well.
This will free up a lot of cap space. No need to panic, neither short- nor mid-term, imo.

My commentz were more about tha Boldin N Whither resigning not Dahl ...We can't pay everyone plan N simple is my point...

My commentz were more about tha Boldin N Whither resigning not Dahl ...We can't pay everyone plan N simple is my point...
Sorry, my mistake.

You have to understand that every sports team needs some experienced guys. you cannot just let them go and home toget their replacement through draft or even FA.
You are acting like we are over-aged. Whitner will turn 29 in July, he can surely play 2-3 years at a very high level...why should we let him go now?

there is no over-aging. the only thing which is important is the quality of each and every player.
Charles Woodson wants to play and I know he's OLD MAN WINTER but could he be a One year wonder at SS?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Charles Woodson wants to play and I know he's OLD MAN WINTER but could he be a One year wonder at SS?

only if he's guaranteed to start. He had the opportunity to COMPETE here and passed it up.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I think he should be given a chance to win the SS spot. I know he's not too athletic but he does have a year experience in this Fangio system so the discipline should be there.

By the way nice job AB, I see Eric Branch credited you on twitter with seeing it first.
Share 49ersWebzone