LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Would Eddie let the 49ers move to Santa Clara?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lucky_49:
let's move to oakland

I wouldnt have been opposed to that either if thats what it came down too... s**t, as long as they stayed in northern ca I wouldn't care.

anything is better than that Farmers Field option in LA
what a thread

What a thread indeed i just wanted to know if Eddie was still owner would he move the team my guess was no he would tear down Candlestick and ree build there before moving the team some where else but i guess every one disagrees it's okay though i still love the team and will support them i just don't have to love the stadium and it's location.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I can't believe we're still talking about this
Originally posted by mod:
let's move to oakland

I wouldnt have been opposed to that either if thats what it came down too... s**t, as long as they stayed in northern ca I wouldn't care.

fresno?
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
On a side note, looking at the teams that base their home in the suburbs instead of the actual city, the San Francisco 49ers are actually the farthest away from their city:

New York to East Rutherford: 8.5 miles
Orchard Park to Buffalo: 9.5 miles
Landover to Washington DC: 11 miles
Arlington to Dallas: 18.5 miles
Foxborough to Boston: 22 miles
San Francisco to Santa Clara: 38.3 miles

In other words, the city of SF screws up once again, allowing a suburb 38 miles away to snatch the team. Last time there was such a disparity was when the Rams played 30+ miles away from LA

is santa clara considered a suburb of SF? thought it was its own city
On a side note, looking at the teams that base their home in the suburbs instead of the actual city, the San Francisco 49ers are actually the farthest away from their city:

In other words, the city of SF screws up once again, allowing a suburb 38 miles away to snatch the team. Last time there was such a disparity was when the Rams played 30+ miles away from LA

Well it's a suburb of SJ, but we're not gonna change the name to San Jose 49ers
Originally posted by Raul98:
what a thread

What a thread indeed i just wanted to know if Eddie was still owner would he move the team my guess was no he would tear down Candlestick and ree build there before moving the team some where else but i guess every one disagrees it's okay though i still love the team and will support them i just don't have to love the stadium and it's location.

Do some research before posting.

Well it's a suburb of SJ, but we're not gonna change the name to San Jose 49ers

San Jose is in Santa Clara's county
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Who cares -- he has no say. Move on.
Thank you!
Question: I do not live up in the bay area so I am not familiar with it... Is Santa Clara still inside of the San Francisco county? I live in San diego and the city itself isn't very big but the county is.

Either way, I don't care as long as the team name stays the same. I just assumed the Niners were still within the county but moving away from the busy city.

Originally posted by Niners99:
I get that people like you will miss gamedays, but theres really no one to blame but the city of SF. I think they took the team for granted, and didnt take the new stadium proposal seriously. They had 2 decades to come up with something that the 49ers deserved, and all they could suggest was that they built over an old Naval shipyard/toxic waste dump in the ghetto.

It was pretty obvious that the 49ers couldnt stay at Candlestick much longer, so SF either didnt have anything to offer, or they didnt care enough.

Its a moot point now but it seemed to me the city didn't care much after we won 5 superbowls for them then we lost eddie and became a laughing stock for awhile.But yet a team that had won them nothing up to that point (the f**kin giants) they bent over every which way they could selling them land for a dollar and revising height restrictions so they could build their own stadium.I love eddie but its his fault to if he never got involved I that gambling ring the new stadium atcandlestick park would be about 10 years old already.He had that loan back then with the city approving 100 million for a new stadium and that shopping mall proposal.Dont know how well it would have worked but it definitely would,ve went through.
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I get that people like you will miss gamedays, but theres really no one to blame but the city of SF. I think they took the team for granted, and didnt take the new stadium proposal seriously. They had 2 decades to come up with something that the 49ers deserved, and all they could suggest was that they built over an old Naval shipyard/toxic waste dump in the ghetto.

It was pretty obvious that the 49ers couldnt stay at Candlestick much longer, so SF either didnt have anything to offer, or they didnt care enough.

Its a moot point now but it seemed to me the city didn't care much after we won 5 superbowls for them then we lost eddie and became a laughing stock for awhile.But yet a team that had won them nothing up to that point (the f**kin giants) they bent over every which way they could selling them land for a dollar and revising height restrictions so they could build their own stadium.I love eddie but its his fault to if he never got involved I that gambling ring the new stadium atcandlestick park would be about 10 years old already.He had that loan back then with the city approving 100 million for a new stadium and that shopping mall proposal.Dont know how well it would have worked but it definitely would,ve went through.

The city voted against it...and continued to vote against it

I really believe from experience that game day from SF to SC will be a much more pleasant experience that DAL to Arlington because of much greater mass transit options as opposed to DFW which virtually has none outside of bussing and maybe 2 light rails total in the Metroplex! I think the trains will help out greatly getting to Levi's!
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mod:
let's move to oakland

fresno?

Well I meant of all the logical locations so SF, SJ, Oak, Sac and all places in between... No stockton, modesto, fresno or places north of Sac because that wouldnt really make sense.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Question: I do not live up in the bay area so I am not familiar with it... Is Santa Clara still inside of the San Francisco county? I live in San diego and the city itself isn't very big but the county is.

Either way, I don't care as long as the team name stays the same. I just assumed the Niners were still within the county but moving away from the busy city.

The city of SF is also the County, they are the same. SF is the only city in SF county.

Niners are moving to Santa Clara in Santa Clara County which is essentially San Jose.

I challenge anybody to open up a map and tell me where you can fit a stadium plus parking on the peninsula. All of the open land is on mountainous terrain, There is a little bit of land in Brisbane but if I remember correctly it wasnt option because its needed for something else.
Share 49ersWebzone