LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 158 users in the forums

Primetime Games 2014

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hopefully we play Dallas on Thanksgiving day
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I hacked into Goodell's laptop and saw this. Not a bad schedule. I think he wants to make it up for us due to the way the nfcg turned out.

j/k -- just guessing.

Dallas won't get the Thursday night game cause they will be playing Thanksgiving in the same month.

Switch them and the Giants then. And Oakland probably at London? Would Goodell dare risk an all out riot and bay area war with the 9ers at Raiders?
I can see the nfl setting the 9ers and cowboys on thanksgiving
Would love a trip to Dallas on thanksgiving and it's Dallas' turn to host an NFC team since they played Oakland last year
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Switch them and the Giants then. And Oakland probably at London? Would Goodell dare risk an all out riot and bay area war with the 9ers at Raiders?

oakland game is not in london, that's already been established.

LONDON -- The NFL has announced the dates of its three regular-season games in London next year. The first game will be played in Week 4 on Sept. 28, with the Oakland Raiders facing the Miami Dolphins.
Originally posted by eastie:
I hacked into Goodell's laptop and saw this. Not a bad schedule. I think he wants to make it up for us due to the way the nfcg turned out.

j/k -- just guessing.

Dallas won't get the Thursday night game cause they will be playing Thanksgiving in the same month.

Dallas can't be on a Thursday nov 6th. Their Thursday game is always on thanksgiving. I think that we'll match up with them on thanksgiving and the Thursday opener will be the SB rematch.
Niners and Cowboys haven't played in a primetime game since Veterans Day, 1990.....Jerruh's scurred of us embarrassing "Murricuh's Team" on national TV like we did in 1983 when Bill Walsh pwned Landry....AGAIN
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Feb 8, 2014 at 3:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Niners and Cowboys haven't played in a primetime game since Veterans Day, 1990.....Jerruh's scurred of us embarrassing "Murricuh's Team" on national TV like we did in 1983 when Bill Walsh pwned Landry....AGAIN

That seems extremely weird to me.

With the kind of historic rivalry we have with Dallas, how has it been 33 years since our last primetime game...
Originally posted by Niners99:
That seems extremely weird to me.

With the kind of historic rivalry we have with Dallas, how has it been 33 years since our last primetime game...

one factor is the 2 teams really havent been simultaneously good since like what, 1997? so the chances of them meeting each other dwindled to once every 2-3 years when the west plays the NFCE....tho even when they were the two juggernauts in the early-mid 90's their games were usually protected by CBS/FOX as the game of the week

sucks cos it prevented more meetings in the heydey like aforementioned game in 1990 (Niners were in the midst of their three-peat attempt, Dallas were up and coming and already had their "triplets"....it was the one and only meeting of Montana vs Aikman)

Niners are due to beat Dallas though.....hate that we've lost the last 3 to them (05, 08, 2011) with the two in Candlestick we jump out to early lead only to blow it late and lose in OT
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Feb 8, 2014 at 4:50 PM ]
I can't WAIT to hear how LOUD our new Stadium is

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Dallas can't be on a Thursday nov 6th. Their Thursday game is always on thanksgiving. I think that we'll match up with them on thanksgiving and the Thursday opener will be the SB rematch.

Also, two teams will have an extra Thursday game this year due to the new agreement with CBS.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Feb 8, 2014 at 8:07 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lucky_49:
KC game will be easy to boost ratings for because of Alex Smith vs Colin Kaepernick. The amount of Joe Montana vs Steve young comparisons we'll see before that game will be sickening

Nice to avoid Arrowhead. Bad flashbacks
We're going to get the max 5 primetime games that's for sure
Share 49ersWebzone