LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 143 users in the forums

Primetime Games 2014

Shop Find 49ers gear online
49ers vs Giants simply because of the size of the media markets will be one of them

recent Niners teams have fared better on the east coast in primetime games...prob cos of the fatigue factor shifting in the favor of the west coast team in night games
The Niners will probably open Levi's on opening weekend on SNF against Chiefs. Doesn't make sense to delay the opening of a new stadium that will be the host for SB L.
It seems like many of the Thursday night games are divisional games. I could see us and Arizona being a good matchup for TNF
[ Edited by cory4903 on Feb 8, 2014 at 7:58 AM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
The Niners will probably open Levi's on opening weekend on SNF against Chiefs. Doesn't make sense to delay the opening of a new stadium that will be the host for SB L.

This matchup would be so ideal for media marketing, I don't see how it doesn't happen. 49ers inaugural game at Levi's, future site for Super Bowl 50 AND there's the whole Kap vs Alex sensationalism going on = ratings gold!!!
I'd guess 3-5, but I don't think 5 is likely at all. I'd like to see both Seattle games be primetime but unlike the schedule above, I hope the home game is late season and not the opposite. Would help take weather out of the equation a little. Otherwise that schedule isn't half bad.
Seattle x2 (1st game Thursday season opner, 2nd Sunday night?)
Dallas (Sunday nighter maybe?)
KC (Monday game?)
AZ (Thursday night)
Monday Night in Oakland lol
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
So, we play three teams with a losing record in 2013? Wowzers.
Originally posted by BimmerKing:

How is the Oakland game going to work? Will the NFL hire the national guard to keep order?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

That would be awesome.

Niners have to open the season at home with the new stadium. The Niners put over $1 Billion into this thing, the NFL has to reward that with a week 1 prime time home game.
[ Edited by okdkid on Feb 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM ]

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

How is the Oakland game going to work? Will the NFL hire the national guard to keep order?

Or will this be our London game? :)
Originally posted by okdkid:

That would be awesome.

Niners have to open the season at home with the new stadium. The Niners put over $1 Billion into this thing, the NFL has to reward that with a week 1 prime time home game.

There's NO home prime time games. It's already been announced
Originally posted by okdkid:

That would be awesome.

There's NO home prime time games. It's already been announced

Weeknight primetime home games (like MNF). We could always host a primetime SNF game. And with the parking situation presumably resolved, primetime weeknight games are still a possibility later in the season.

http://www.mercurynews.com/southbayfootball/ci_24912998/49ers-new-stadium-adding-10-000-parking-spaces
I think Seattle and KC are locks for prime time games. I would also guess Arizona and New Orleans for the others.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I hacked into Goodell's laptop and saw this. Not a bad schedule. I think he wants to make it up for us due to the way the nfcg turned out.

j/k -- just guessing.

Dallas won't get the Thursday night game cause they will be playing Thanksgiving in the same month.
Share 49ersWebzone