There are 135 users in the forums

One starter that could get cut no one´s talking about

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
5.4M is dirty cheap for ray mac...he's staying
Yep, you always keep the players who perform above their contract. We bought low with Ray Mac, and now we get the pay off.
Buy low sell high.
That's why we're replacing him with Okoye ya dig?

Well, any player is replaceable if someone else comes out of nowhere and plays better. For example, if an UFA can play better than Aldon Smith, then we have to move Aldon to the other side I guess.
no way with Justins age
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
McDonald is not going anywhere. However, his injury issues have been somewhat disconcerting, this is why I wouldn't mind the 49ers drafting someone like Hageman early so they have two guys to develop for the future.

Huh?

We've played 104 games in the past 6 seasons, of which he's played in 100 while almost never getting breathers in 2011 and 2012 and he plays 3-4 DE and 4-3 DT which is just about as physically taxing as football gets.

Huh?
A thousand bucks says McDonald doesn't get cut.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I'll take this bet.

Lawyers of the Zone, let it be known, this man did not mention how/if/where/when McDonald gets cut. He may get a paper cut tomorrow, and I will expect the
$1,000 asap.

Good Day . :)`
Most team want to keep at least six really good DLmen if they can find them. The niners have J Smith, R MacDonald, I Williams, Dorsey, Jerod-Eddie, Carradine, Dial, Dobbs, and Okoye. Which six would you rate as "really good?" Ranking them would be difficult because most would have to be rated for potential.

Justin Smith and Ray McDonald are really good, Dorsey and Williams have proven themselves as starters. After that, Dobbs and Jerod-Eddie have proven they are decent back ups; and Carradine, Dial, and Okoye need to prove themselves. With such uncertainty at the position I can't believe the team would release McDonald unless his salary is really out of whack. He gets more push than anyone except Smith. He is also very mobile compared to may 3/4 DLmen. And he's gotten better each year! I was really impressed by some of his games this year.
Originally posted by Zachary:

I'll take this bet.

Lawyers of the Zone, let it be known, this man did not mention how/if/where/when McDonald gets cut. He may get a paper cut tomorrow, and I will expect the
$1,000 asap.

Aww son of a b***h! You got me with this damn legal technicality.

I'll claim temporary insanity.
Originally posted by Zachary:

I'll take this bet.

$1,000 asap.

Aww son of a b***h! You got me with this damn legal technicality.

I'll claim temporary insanity.

Do you now owe everyone who has read this a thousand bucks? Of course, another technicality...you didn't say what kind of bucks!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 7, 2014 at 9:51 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Also Ian Williams I really haven't seen anything special from in the very limited time he's been in there.

Apparently Tomsula and Fangio saw something special in Ian Williams--and they do see the players much more than we do.

The extended his contract and made him the starting nose tackle.
The only wildcard at this moment is Donte Whiner, I think we pretty much know where everyone else falls.

Donte Whiner lol
First off let me say, Ray Mac is one of the most underrated defensive players in football. he will not be cut.

However...

I am literally laughing my ass off at those who say Jerod-Eddie was OK or "nothing special". That guy got progressively better as the season wore on, and I would venture to say he was downright dominant at times while he was in there. He has the size, quickness and strength that teams covet at the 3-4 DE spot, we groomed him from the PS to the active roster and he fits the defensive perfectly. TJE was absolutely the most pleasant surprise on the defense outside of Eric Reid.
our entire line is overrated as f**k, cut em all
No reason to cut a very solid player. Ray Mac does a lot of the small things.

I hate to say it but maybe it's time to let Gore walk. He'll have to take a pay cut but we've seen the last of an effective gore this past season. His runs are are predictable an ineffective now. Let's transition to Latimore, Hunter, James and Dixon in short yardage. I really feel we can keep more D's honest without gore on the field.
Not cutting raymac, might restructure. Front 7 is fine. I expect to resign Whitner he's not going to command Goldson money. Carlos though is GONE or a massive paycut highest paid player on the team, and the worst starter, I'd put him on special teams but he can't tackle worth a crap.
Share 49ersWebzone