LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

2014-2015 Punt Returner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crake49:
Odell Beckham - punt returner who can go all the way and elite speed on the outside as a wide receiver. Plus, he should still be there in the second round.

Agree 100%. His speed is unreal. I think he will be a great WR for us too. If not, I like Dri Archer in late rounds.
Jacoby Ford at the Vet's minimum

or draft Marquise Lee
Originally posted by 49ersJordan:
Odell Beckham - punt returner who can go all the way and elite speed on the outside as a wide receiver. Plus, he should still be there in the second round.

Agree 100%. His speed is unreal. I think he will be a great WR for us too. If not, I like Dri Archer in late rounds.

reminds me of golden tate..
I hate how he celebrates after every single play
Originally posted by defenderDX:
So first Culliver to Safety, leave him at corner, now to returner?

lol I was thinking the same thing..why resign dawson..cully got it..!
So are we looking at a "speed WR" who can be groomed to be a #2 or #3 and with excellent return abilities?
Originally posted by NCommand:
So are we looking at a "speed WR" who can be groomed to be a #2 or #3 and with excellent return abilities?

That would be optimum, right? Beckham is a great candidate, but there's also this kid Cooke from Oregon state who is evidently a good returner. I don't think he has quite the speed of Beckham, but a lot of people are high on him.
Harbaugh has some options there...James, Cox. One of the reasons I'd like to see Baalke draft Odell Beckham is not only for his receiving but for his KR's. Brandin Cooks put up ridiculous receiving numbers, but didn't do a lot of KR's, although he's capable with his speed/elusiveness. Either guy would be a good addition.
Maybe I am totally off-base but Golden Tate really isn't faster than LMJ, is he? So I don't get what makes him seemingly a more effective and more elusive punt returner. It drives me friggin' nuts.
LMJ

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Harbaugh has some options there...James, Cox. One of the reasons I'd like to see Baalke draft Odell Beckham is not only for his receiving but for his KR's. Brandin Cooks put up ridiculous receiving numbers, but didn't do a lot of KR's, although he's capable with his speed/elusiveness. Either guy would be a good addition.

Beckham is just one of those players who has produced some electrifying plays in college. Returning a missed field goal 100 yards for a TD? Wow.

That would be optimum, right? Beckham is a great candidate, but there's also this kid Cooke from Oregon state who is evidently a good returner. I don't think he has quite the speed of Beckham, but a lot of people are high on him.

I would think so...I lean on you guys for college player analysis so feel free to give me/us insight into what round he's expected to go in and naturally, how he'd fit in our current system.
I would think so...I lean on you guys for college player analysis so feel free to give me/us insight into what round he's expected to go in and naturally, how he'd fit in our current system.

Right now, Odell Beckham is projected to go in the 2nd round, but if he lays a 4.3 on the combine, he'll shoot up into the middle of the first. His 40's have ranged from a low of about 4.3 to a high of 4.45, so it's hard to say what he'll pull off. He had one fumbled punt last season and wouldn't talk to the media after that particular game so who knows about his emotional strength.

Right now, Odell Beckham is projected to go in the 2nd round, but if he lays a 4.3 on the combine, he'll shoot up into the middle of the first. His 40's have ranged from a low of about 4.3 to a high of 4.45, so it's hard to say what he'll pull off. He had one fumbled punt last season and wouldn't talk to the media after that particular game so who knows about his emotional strength.

Awesome and thanks for the insight!

Awesome and thanks for the insight!

I just noticed that Walters Football has the Niners taking Beckham at #30.
Share 49ersWebzone