There are 204 users in the forums

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

Originally posted by Forty_Niners:
Seahawks are a horrible matchup for us. Arguably our weakest starter (QB) is pinned against their strength (secondary)

We need a seriously injury to Lynch. Because their offense will only improve

They are a bad matchup for us and we won't be able to get past them anytime soon IMO. They need to get raided in FA and get dropped down a few pegs.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
They need Seattle to get raided in FA over the next few years. That is a superior team on many levels. We can't beat them. They need to get knocked down a few pegs.

Lol. What a crock. Yeah, that NFCCG was such a one sided affair.

We got beat the last 3 times out of 4 times we played them. Several by blowout margins in their favor. They are better.

Three out of four, wow. That's like, 75% of the time. So on a scale of 1 - 100, they are a "75" and we are a "25". This is some advanced stuff here.

Of course you forget to mention that each team beats the other team at home 100% of the time.

You can't get homefield if you don't have the better record.

Well, at least we can agree on something.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Well, at least we can agree on something.

so much to say, so much I'm not allowed to say ..
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Feb 4, 2014 at 3:14 AM ]
Our main problems are on the offensive side of the ball.

IMO, our Red Zone production SUCKS and I don't see any improvement on the horizon if JH calls the plays to Kap. He gets the plays from Roman and then calls it to Kap - so he's responsible.

If we had scored in the RZ we'd have been champs.

Get a breakaway WR, use a slot WR [Maybe LMJ] and score often.

Stop slowing it down when we get a lead. Put our foot on opposing teams necks and never let up.

I HATE Seattle but they did the right thing to Denver - keep pouring it on and never give them a chance to get back into the game.

How many times this season did it have to come down to a FG to win? not necessary with the talent we ave.
They are a bad matchup for us and we won't be able to get past them anytime soon IMO. They need to get raided in FA and get dropped down a few pegs.

its kinda of sad people have this opinion. i respect seattle probably more so than most niner fans do but even i wont go that far. its like you think the 42-13 game or 29-3 game were in the nfc title game. we were right there in their crib. if anything watching the sb made me realize how close we are to those guys while others remain way behind.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
They need Seattle to get raided in FA over the next few years. That is a superior team on many levels. We can't beat them. They need to get knocked down a few pegs.

Lol. What a crock. Yeah, that NFCCG was such a one sided affair.

We got beat the last 3 times out of 4 times we played them. Several by blowout margins in their favor. They are better.

With all due respect, this is still a crock . They are 2 and 2 over the last 2 regular seasons vs. SEA and were a hair away from knocking off this "superior team" you speak of in their house of horrors in the most important game of the year…despite shooting themselves in the foot multiple times and being the recipient of some pretty atrocious calls. Not sure what NFCCG you watched, but the Niners looked to be the better team to me, IMO. You can keep holding on to those 2 blowouts, but it still does not change the fact that these teams have played to a stalemate the last 2 regular seasons, record-wise, and the real SB 2 weeks ago came down to the wire. So again, where is the is domination you speak of?
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 4, 2014 at 10:04 AM ]
IT'S SIMPLE:

NULLIFY THEIR D-LINE (SEATTLE'S THAT IS)

THAT'S ALL SHE WROTE.

SO OUR OLINE NEEDS TO IMPROVE AND/OR BE UPGRADED.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Feb 4, 2014 at 10:05 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
IT'S SIMPLE:

NULLIFY THEIR D-LINE (SEATTLE'S THAT IS)

THAT'S ALL SHE WROTE.

SO OUR OLINE NEEDS TO IMPROVE AND/OR BE UPGRADED.
not that simple, we need a upgrade in the secondary and a fast wide out

Fix the run game. I think the guys doing the film review (thl and jonny) can tell you it's not Gore, it's the blocking. Even then it's not so simple as blaming the blockers, maybe it's predictable calls, formations, lack of reps, who knows. But you look at Gore's game log from this past season and you can tell the run game failed us about a quarter of the games if not a third.
Originally posted by znk916:
Fix the run game. I think the guys doing the film review (thl and jonny) can tell you it's not Gore, it's the blocking. Even then it's not so simple as blaming the blockers, maybe it's predictable calls, formations, lack of reps, who knows. But you look at Gore's game log from this past season and you can tell the run game failed us about a quarter of the games if not a third.

i think we get to cute with blocking schemes for up the gut running plays. Defense can just clog the middle for an easy counter attack
Originally posted by crabman82:

its kinda of sad people have this opinion. i respect seattle probably more so than most niner fans do but even i wont go that far. its like you think the 42-13 game or 29-3 game were in the nfc title game. we were right there in their crib. if anything watching the sb made me realize how close we are to those guys while others remain way behind.
Your right crabman82 Seattle is a good team and as much as we don't like them we have to respect what they did they took care off business and handled there business all the way to a lombardi. But to say we cant beat them is just stupid and a quitter mentality. We took it to them in there house in a hostile playoff atmosphere. We didn't fold and give up. If not for late turn overs and mistakes we beat them. ( even with the mistakes and turn overs we still were a play from beating them) giving up is a bad mentality to have we have to use the NFCCG game as fuel and motivation into next season. We have to draft go into free agency focused on beating Seattle cut back the mistakes and turn overs and beating them is possible we just need to be confident and believe we can.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Feb 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM ]
Kaep has to get on Wilson's level. After watching Wilson in the Super Bowl, the clutch 3rd down conversions, how he uses his legs make to make throws down field, how he plays within his system, how he spreads the ball around, and doesn't blow his teams chances to win at the end. We may have the supremely talented QB, but that Wilson kid has composure, he has brains, he has what Kaep lacks. When I listen to both of them speak, Russell comes off as the smarter guy, a real old school football player. Kaep appears simple minded and vain to me, extreme body art, arguing on social media like a tool, maybe he we should convert him to wide receiver. Now a lot of folks are going say say Kaep got us real close, but that doesn't mean he doesn't need to get better. Manning's struggles against the Seahawks D doesn't get him off the hook because Seattle's D ain't going anywhere. We're going to be facing these guys for years, besides many of us new there was a good chance Manning was going to struggle, that's what he does in big games. A shut down corner will improve our defense, it's what seperate our D from there's, but I don't believe it's a personel issue as much as it is playing smarter, coaching smarter, and getting Kaep to play like a champion.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Kaep has to get on Wilson's level. After watching Wilson in the Super Bowl, the clutch 3rd down conversions, how he uses his legs make to make throws down field, how he plays within his system, how he spreads the ball around, and doesn't blow his teams chances to win at the end. We may have the supremely talented QB, but that Wilson kid has composure, he has brains, he has what Kaep lacks. When I listen to both of them speak, Russell comes off as the smarter guy, a real old school football player. Kaep appears simple minded and vain to me, extreme body art, arguing on social media like a tool, maybe he we should convert him to wide receiver. Now a lot of folks are going say say Kaep got us real close, but that doesn't mean he doesn't need to get better. Manning's struggles against the Seahawks D doesn't get him off the hook because Seattle's D ain't going anywhere. We're going to be facing these guys for years, besides many of us new there was a good chance Manning was going to struggle, that's what he does in big games. A shut down corner will improve our defense, it's what seperate our D from there's, but I don't believe it's a personel issue as much as it is playing smarter, coaching smarter, and getting Kaep to play like a champion.
Your compare and contrast with Wilson & Kaepernick is spot on. Colin looks, sounds and acts like a 22 year old child. Shocking he Quarterbacks like one as well. Wilson is a married man who was the starting QB as a Freshman in the ACC. He is just head and shoulders ahead of Colin in terms of maturity and experience. Kaepernick is that confused boy that grew up in a sheltered home and is still trying to rebel. He will be 27 years old next year. Figure it out now or he never will.
Share 49ersWebzone