LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What do the 49ers need to be a better team?

Keep hitting draft picks.

Draft draft draft.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Get another CB to shadow Harvin next year.

Glass never has/won't make it a full season.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

That's true. But I think we'll face him at least once. I want to play Seattle when both of us are at full strength.
My vote would be less I juries, also further development of keapernick
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
1. Fire errybody

2. Hire errybody
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
I think we can get over the hump and make it to the Super Bowl next year but yeah, we got work to do this off season. Changes must be made.

Kap needs to take a big step in his development as a QB and HaRoman must open up the playbook. The offense must evolve now. The oline regressed and fell off IMO. I hope they can return to their dominance and improve their pass blocking (especially Davis).

We need to have a good draft in May. We need to add more speed/red zone target in the WR core and impact players for the secondary and maybe C as well.

And hopefully the Tank and Lattimore picks from last year can be everything we all hope they can be. That'd be sweet.
after we get a big strong corner whose name is not mike rumph with the first pick,,,tag whitner, keep him for a year, get a safety early to learn and provide better depth than what we have now. agree ten fold with the speed at wide out thing. if the season started today who would play wide out? our d line depth was nice last year but as you said can even be better with tank and lattimore. the lemon man will only get better and while i know we got some depth there , a inside backer with a fourth pick would be ok. gotta get younger at center. roman,,,, ahh never mind
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

when he does he makes an impact you can not deny that.. we have to find someone to defend him and we need to find a playmaker like that in the draft,, that is if the current OC would know what the f**k to do with him
They need Seattle to get raided in FA over the next few years. That is a superior team on many levels. We can't beat them. They need to get knocked down a few pegs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They need Seattle to get raided in FA over the next few years. That is a superior team on many levels. We can't beat them. They need to get knocked down a few pegs.

yes, they need to have some bad luck or injuries. everything went right for them and esp early in the year, when crabs got hurt, aldon went away, ck was struggling and roman was roman,, things went wrong for us. i really respectfully disagree that they are superior than us,,,, just a titch better in some areas and IF we draft right and make clever use of free agency than we can get over that hump. even after bowmans horrific injury we still almost won the game so its a real fine line in my opinion between our two teams

sounds good except for the fact that we did beat them this year. lmao

and should have beaten them in their place and had an opportunity to actually do so.

i mean superior on many levels? the only thing you can say is secondary (which is closer than people are willing to admit) and running back.

that's it.

but i know where you're going to go with this.

Originally posted by jonesadrian:

sounds good except for the fact that we did beat them this year. lmao

and should have beaten them in their place and had an opportunity to actually do so.

i mean superior on many levels? the only thing you can say is secondary (which is closer than people are willing to admit) and running back.

that's it.

but i know where you're going to go with this.

Glad SD isn't our coach or our inspirational leader. I would much rather keep Willis giving our pre game pep talk!
Honest referees.
Originally posted by TheRealDTM:
Hi niners fans,

I'm a seahawks fan, obvious to say i'm happy with our win tonight. However there is a line of thought that you all deserve to know. I was watching the game with a non-football fan who also watched the NFCCG, he immediatley realized that the superbowl was a joke from the first snap. I was sweating bricks while he was honestly complaining about how boring this game was going to be. The reason I say this is because as the game went on we both agreed the NFCCG was the championship, either team would have destroyed the broncos. The seahawks and 49ers are 1.a and 1.b, we make the rest of the league look like a joke.

You guys don't need to change your roster, if you keep it the same you have a 50% chance of going to the superbowl every year (depends on HFA).

Go NFC West

Originally posted by TheRealDTM:
Hi niners fans,

I'm a seahawks fan, obvious to say i'm happy with our win tonight. However there is a line of thought that you all deserve to know. I was watching the game with a non-football fan who also watched the NFCCG, he immediatley realized that the superbowl was a joke from the first snap. I was sweating bricks while he was honestly complaining about how boring this game was going to be. The reason I say this is because as the game went on we both agreed the NFCCG was the championship, either team would have destroyed the broncos. The seahawks and 49ers are 1.a and 1.b, we make the rest of the league look like a joke.

You guys don't need to change your roster, if you keep it the same you have a 50% chance of going to the superbowl every year (depends on HFA).

Go NFC West

Thanks for stopping by and being so affirmative about our team. You are a very mature and soulful person to be so gracious. I only hope we all learn from your example.
1) Interior pass rusher (maybe that's Carradine)
2) A true #1 corner, which can be addressed in the draft.
3) A shifty, quicker than fast slot receiver. Perhaps that is Patton, but it's a decision the Niners must make in the next 3 months.
4) An H-back. I felt like the offense, especially pistol formation, lacked a swiss army knife due to Delanie's departure. Bruce Miller did a good job but he doesn't have the speed to run intermediate and deep routes. Further, not to knock on Vance but he doesn't have Delanie's deep speed or blocking abilities.
5) Special teams ace to replace the likely departed Boobie Dixon. 2 special teams aces if Osgood leaves too.
6) A safety. Whitner is gonna want to get paid because it's likely his last chance at a big contract. Not necessarily a strong safety in title, but a safety who is competent in the pass game and run game.
7) Nickel corner. Carlos Rogers is good as gone unless he takes a drastic pay cut.
8) A workhorse running back to split carries with Gore. I'm hopeful it's Lattimore, but realistically nobody knows how he'll perform until preseason.

Feel free to reply, I won't get pissed off if you disagree!

Share 49ersWebzone