There are 273 users in the forums

Move Carradine to OLB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by crabman82:
i'm waiting for the 'move lattimore to te?' thread

the day is still young

Don't be ridiculous.

Okoye is moving to TE, so Vernon can get some rest (passrushing from DE in Nickle packages). Kap will be our Megatron WR, with Crab throwing to him (WR in HS). We can afford to extend both Kap and Crab by letting go of Staley to replace him with Marquadt, who was dominant at Azusa Pacific (when healthy).
We have the best OLB tandem in the NFL. Why are you looking to replace them?
Aldon Smith is a once in a lifetime player. He literally is unstoppable at times, and he is still honing his craft. I think he is getting re-signed because pass rushers like him do not grow on trees.

We don't even know if Tank's knee is going to hold up. Until he plays a whole season, I don't want to consider him replacing anyone.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Cohn - How do you guys envision DT Cornellius "Tank" Carradine as far as where he'll play? Is he a defensive end? Is he an outside linebacker?

Baalke - "Well, he's going to play down. He's not an outside linebacker. In our system, it's one of the things we really liked is the versatility. He's a little bit bigger than [DT] Ray [McDonald] was when Ray came out. Just a guy that we think can play the four technique, the five technique, can play in our sub package. Can kick down and play a three and also stay outside in the sub package. So, just a lot of position versatility with him."

Thank you...and why would we even need him for OLB? Aldon, Brooks, Lemonier and Skuta?

LOL...Justin (34) and McDonald (29) Dorsey (28) compared to Aldon (24), Brooks (29) and Lemonier (22). I wonder which position is more in need of an infusion of youthful exuberance? They can always use more pass rushers but why move a big guy to a new position rather than draft a young guy to groom?
Fucc that, move him to WR.
Resign Goodwin and move him to SS to replace Whitner.
Move Kap to Center
Resign Dawson and make him the QB
Okoye will be our starting LT
Cut Staley and move Boone to CB
Tukuafu can be the kicker since he played rugby before
Iupati at FS and bring E.Reid down to coach the WRs
Make Tomsula our OC and Morton our DC.
Chuck Jacobs can be the HC, because his name sounds good there.
Harbaugh can be the holder for FGs.
Move Dorsey to CB opposite of Boone,
and Brock can be our true NT we been looking for for years.
Last but not the least, demote Baalke and make Vernon Davis our GM,
and remove Jed York from ownership and make Anthony Dixon the new owner.
Originally posted by ninerhippy:
We need a true nose tackle

Wrong
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Tank has been learning from the bench, in the film room and working hard with the coaches... going into his 2nd season as a dedicated man, I'd say he's ready to take over as offensive coordinator -- Roman's departure
Aldon will be resigned
havent seen tank play but Id be to worried because he is another 25-30 pounds heavier and runs a low 4.75-4.9 40 time where as aldon is 4.6 -4.7.... so pretty much tank would have zero speedrush what so ever... keep him at DE to put in a rotation with smith and mac keeping them fresh which helps aldon and brooks alot more... aldon smith will be resigned so dont have to worry about that and right now would be the best time to resign him with all his issues going on right now because he will probably be the cheapest he'll ever be now then he will be after a full year of good behavior and productivity on the field ..
thats quiet the stretch, a 285 OLB?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
the beginning to terrible "what if" offseason threads

not to mention the infamous "am i the only one"
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Put him at strong safety to replace whitner. According to Madden, his rating went up and we know that's how pro coaches make their depth charts.
1973 mattel talking football trumps madden in my opinion

cc you gotta explain this. i never heard of that game. i wasn't born til 1981
two people play, you got a board version of a football field. you got a little mini record player. you got about 16 discs. on one side is offense, the flip side is defense. I am offense , you are defense, I pick a play, hand the player to you, you pick a defensive play. you push the button and this little man does the play by play of what you called! ( for example if I called a draw play and you called blitz I remember the announcing shouting that I got a 25 yard gain)you then move the football token up and down on the field. I am not very good at explaining things but it was so damn much fun . I am sure if you google it it will pop up. That and the game pivot pool ruled if you were a kid in 1974
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Move Carradine to outside linebacker.

Move Willis to DE.

Bowman to SS.

Alex Boone, who has proven his versatility, goes to inside linebacker.

Just my moves in the theater of the absurd.
we would not have to resort to making these types of moves if bowman was not made out of glass
Put him at strong safety to replace whitner. According to Madden, his rating went up and we know that's how pro coaches make their depth charts.

two people play, you got a board version of a football field. you got a little mini record player. you got about 16 discs. on one side is offense, the flip side is defense. I am offense , you are defense, I pick a play, hand the player to you, you pick a defensive play. you push the button and this little man does the play by play of what you called! ( for example if I called a draw play and you called blitz I remember the announcing shouting that I got a 25 yard gain)you then move the football token up and down on the field. I am not very good at explaining things but it was so damn much fun . I am sure if you google it it will pop up. That and the game pivot pool ruled if you were a kid in 1974
Good s**t i'm bout to go google it now.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Good s**t i'm bout to go google it now.

haha,, it was fun , I know the kids laugh at me when i talk about the old school days but it was different. back in 73 i sent a letter to the niners telling them how much i like them. well i get a reply , which I still have the old manilla envelope it was sent in.. inside were two awesome stickers, two pencils and a lovely 1973 team picture of the squad. I gave it to my youngest daughter who is a fanatic. she freaked when she saw steve spurrier in the front row! I am not sure the team would do that today?
Share 49ersWebzone