Originally posted by crabman82:
i'm waiting for the 'move lattimore to te?' thread

the day is still young
We need a backup QB, move him there
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
We need a backup QB, move him there

we also need a starter who doesn't throw Ints to lose games so maybe move him there.
move him to TED.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Uh...No.

Carradine is being groomed to replace JUSTIN Smith, not ALDON Smith

i'm waiting for the 'move lattimore to te?' thread

lol
Umm, no, I did not say to get rid of Aldon Smith. The reality is, SF may not be able to afford him/keep all of their coveted free agents. I thought my first sentence made that clear. But as always, Zoners have horrendous reading comprehension skills.

So what you're saying is, it's unheard of that a college DE can't be converted to OLB in the NFL?

And he's totally locked into DE, even though he didn't play at all this year?

Or that since he's heavier now, he can't possibly lose weight to play OLB?

No offense, but for the countless hours you spend on this site and the tens of thousands of posts you've made, you guys are pretty narrow minded and it makes me seriously question your overall football knowledge/intelligence.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Umm, no, I did not say to get rid of Aldon Smith. The reality is, SF may not be able to afford him/keep all of their coveted free agents. I thought my first sentence made that clear. But as always, Zoners have horrendous reading comprehension skills.

So what you're saying is, it's unheard of that a college DE can't be converted to OLB in the NFL?

No offense, but for the countless hours you spend on this site and the tens of thousands of posts you've made, you guys are pretty narrow minded and it makes me seriously question your overall football knowledge/intelligence.
i have never questioned the intelligence of a veteran poster,,,, until now

No...what we are saying is that Carridine needs to be groomed to replace an aging member of the D-Line, Justin Smith, and that is a more pressing need than replacing Aldon Smith.

Aldon isn't going anywhere BTW. He'll get paid and he'll be in SF for a really long time. If he isn't, it will be because he's traded for ALOT. As for insurance behind him? Corey Lemonier. I'm also sure they will take another OLB in the draft.

Carradine is a 6'5" 275 lbs DE. COULD he play OLB? Maybe. That isn't where the Niners NEED him the most though.

BTW, on the bolded....you might want to look in the mirror on that one. People disagreeing with you doesn't make them unintelligent. It means you haven't presented an argument worthy of a better response. It also means you need a thicker skin.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jan 28, 2014 at 10:41 AM ]

After reading the title of this thread the bolded statement is how I feel
You lost me at losing Aldon. That would be a huge mistake, the man is a one man wrecking crew. Besides, Carradine doesn't have the speed to cover, don't think a 275lb. linebacker nicknamed 'Tank' fits our scheme. They moved up to get Lemonier last year, kid has raw talent and can rush the qb. Ian Williams didn't look good to me, he might be one of these players that practices well but doesn't make plays in games.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by T-9ers:
You lost me at losing Aldon. That would be a huge mistake, the man is a one man wrecking crew. Besides, Carradine doesn't have the speed to cover, don't think a 275lb. linebacker nicknamed 'Tank' fits our scheme. They moved up to get Lemonier last year, kid has raw talent and can rush the qb. Ian Williams didn't look good to me, he might be one of these players that practices well but doesn't make plays in games.

yes, lets let aldon walk and then hope and pray a guy who we have never seen take a snap can do exactly what aldon has done for us. yes of course

What are you judging from, the preseason? He looked good there to me.

He hardly played vs GB and got hurt early in Seattle.
I'm sure tank could do it as he is almost as fast as aldon (40 yard dash wise) and that was coming off an injury. But HELL NO to letting Aldon go. Hes best pass rusher in the game.
Originally posted by cciowa:

yes, lets let aldon walk and then hope and pray a guy who we have never seen take a snap can do exactly what aldon has done for us. yes of course

Wait...are you actually suggesting that 42 sacks in 43 career games is somehow difficult?

BTW, I don't think that's what the OP is suggesting...but Tank isn't an OLB. Please watch the below vid and tell me if you would feel good about this guy dropping in coverage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3o1HJ7YJXM

Great workout for a DE with a bum knee, but that guy isn't an OLB.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I'm sure tank could do it as he is almost as fast as aldon (40 yard dash wise) and that was coming off an injury. But HELL NO to letting Aldon go. Hes best pass rusher in the game.

There is a difference between straight line speed and lateral quickness.
Share 49ersWebzone