LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Perspective on this current 49ers team and why I am optimistic

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Another reason to be optimistic: should all go well, itll be the first full season of kap and craptree. And theyll actually have a full offseason this time.
Originally posted by TWOooohSIX:
I'm a Hawk fan and I don't think my heart can take another season of playing your team. I can not believe some of the posts by 49er fans on Kaep. I sat close to the railing when we hosted your team this year and got a real good look at him. He is an freaking monster. The kid will only get BIGGER and faster. What a lot of your fans don't realize is that Kaep has only room to get BETTER, not worse. IMO the only problem your team has is the O-line. Which the draft will take care of. Like my Hawks, we only do good when we run. Pass protection falls apart and both teams have survived do to having great scrambling QB's. Maybe he would be able to progress through his reads if he had time to throw. Just look at the games he did have time. Your boy is just fine. Your team has a ton of picks. Does half of your fan base realize that? I'm only commenting on the negative fans that trash a 2 year QB for um..... yeah getting you to 2 NFCCG, and a SUPERBOWL.

Really good post. Very true
Niner fans - we should all be optimistic about next year and beyond, especially after the season we just had. Sure, Seattle just won the SB and looked good doing it...we were at their 18 yard line at their place with two timeouts and 50 seconds left to win the game - that's how close this team was this year. Prior to the Seattle game, we played two tough playoff road games and won - the Carolina game was particularly impressive. We finished 5-1 against the toughest division in football, our own. Kap is just going to get that much better, the coaching staff is going to get better in managing the game/playing "situational" football, we'll have around 12 picks to work with and also we'll add & subtract other players as needed. If you're a competitor and you keep the faith in how this organization is running things, then you like this team's chances to compete next year and for many more years to come against ANY team in this league.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Feb 2, 2014 at 9:04 PM ]
as painful as it is to watch the Seahawks win the Superbowl I think it helps the 49ers chances next year to win the NFC West. Everybody will be gunning for Seattle and there may be some complacency on their side since they just got their ultimate goal. This should set us up for home field and a bye which if we had this year we would have won the whole thing
Originally posted by TWOooohSIX:
I'm a Hawk fan and I don't think my heart can take another season of playing your team. I can not believe some of the posts by 49er fans on Kaep. I sat close to the railing when we hosted your team this year and got a real good look at him. He is an freaking monster. The kid will only get BIGGER and faster. What a lot of your fans don't realize is that Kaep has only room to get BETTER, not worse. IMO the only problem your team has is the O-line. Which the draft will take care of. Like my Hawks, we only do good when we run. Pass protection falls apart and both teams have survived do to having great scrambling QB's. Maybe he would be able to progress through his reads if he had time to throw. Just look at the games he did have time. Your boy is just fine. Your team has a ton of picks. Does half of your fan base realize that? I'm only commenting on the negative fans that trash a 2 year QB for um..... yeah getting you to 2 NFCCG, and a SUPERBOWL.

We are coming off three straight seasons with tragc last minute endings in two NFCC games and a superbowl. Emotions are high right now, especialy after being disrespected by Sperman. Most of the bashing is done by a few vocul guys. Most niner fans love Kap but we understand he has to improve.
Hawks fan here, but I come in peace. It's obvious that the NFCCG was the real Super Bowl between the two best teams in the league and this is the best rivalry in sports right now. We'll definetly enjoy the offseason this year, but I expect things to ratchet up a few more notches between our teams next year. And the rest of the NFC West should be even tougher, too. It's gonna be brutal.

Looking forward to it.
Originally posted by TXHawk:
Hawks fan here, but I come in peace. It's obvious that the NFCCG was the real Super Bowl between the two best teams in the league and this is the best rivalry in sports right now. We'll definetly enjoy the offseason this year, but I expect things to ratchet up a few more notches between our teams next year. And the rest of the NFC West should be even tougher, too. It's gonna be brutal.

Looking forward to it.

You better because there is no more tolerance from that cheater fanbase and now one of the most hated teams in sports.
Originally posted by robniner:
You better because there is no more tolerance from that cheater fanbase and now one of the most hated teams in sports.

Ha, ha, Okay.
Reason to be optimistic: we are a top 2 team in this league
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by TXHawk:

Looking forward to it.

Unnecessary.

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
We'll get over the hump this coming year in Phoenix. We need to win the offseason Draft better impact players. Enough of this" depth" crap. Draft IMPACT players. Be daring. Jump up and trade for a Sammy Watkins or a Josh Gordon. Loosen up.

why do people still think the browns wanna trade gordon? i mean really?
Nice to see some respectful Seahawks fans here. Congratulations to them. That was as good a defensive performance by a Super Bowl team as I have ever seen and I've seen every one of them. That one is right up there with the Ravens, Bears and the 89 Niners defense which also demolished the Broncos. And I think Niner fans should take some solace in knowing that this Super Bowl proved to the rest of the NFL that the Niners are the second best team in the league.

Matt Barrows: "Colin Kaepernick and Greg Roman, who took their lumps in the media and from the fan base two weeks ago, don't look so bad right now. Seattle's defense -- in a neutral site, mind you - thoroughly throttled the league's No. 1 offense and the league's MVP, Peyton Manning. The Denver quarterback, not known for his mobility, was a sitting duck for the Seahawks' wolfish defense, and he threw ducks all evening. Kaepernick and the 49ers, meanwhile, beat the Seahawks in San Francisco, and Kaepernick -- thanks to his athleticism and his running ability -- was one throw away from doing it in Seattle, too."
  • thl408
Originally posted by crake49:
Nice to see some respectful Seahawks fans here. Congratulations to them. That was as good a defensive performance by a Super Bowl team as I have ever seen and I've seen every one of them. That one is right up there with the Ravens, Bears and the 89 Niners defense which also demolished the Broncos. And I think Niner fans should take some solace in knowing that this Super Bowl proved to the rest of the NFL that the Niners are the second best team in the league.

Matt Barrows: "Colin Kaepernick and Greg Roman, who took their lumps in the media and from the fan base two weeks ago, don't look so bad right now. Seattle's defense -- in a neutral site, mind you - thoroughly throttled the league's No. 1 offense and the league's MVP, Peyton Manning. The Denver quarterback, not known for his mobility, was a sitting duck for the Seahawks' wolfish defense, and he threw ducks all evening. Kaepernick and the 49ers, meanwhile, beat the Seahawks in San Francisco, and Kaepernick -- thanks to his athleticism and his running ability -- was one throw away from doing it in Seattle, too."

Lots of truth in what Barrows said here. The 49ers are going to be contenders again next season, as if there was any doubt. Since SEA just won it all, and teams don't usually repeat, history says they will have a bit of a letdown next season.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by crake49:

Lots of truth in what Barrows said here. The 49ers are going to be contenders again next season, as if there was any doubt. Since SEA just won it all, and teams don't usually repeat, history says they will have a bit of a letdown next season.

I sincerely hope you are correct here, but there is also history to suggest they will not have a letdown. Let's hope the 49ers can improve enough to get over the hump next season and win the Super Bowl with their name on it--XLIX.
In the 20 years since the salary cap became an effective league rule, only two teams have repeated. So, in modern times, 90% of the time a Super Bowl winner doesn't repeat. In fact, the Super Bowl winner has made it back to the game the next year only 3 times in the last 20 years.

The Seahawks have out of division road games against the Panthers, Eagles, Chiefs, Chargers and Redskins next season in addition to their grueling NFC West schedule. The Packers, Broncos and Cowboys all go to Seattle. And as long-time Niner fans will remember, every team that is getting ready for the Seahawks, whether or not they want to admit it, is looking at it as one of the biggest if not THE biggest game of the season.
Share 49ersWebzone