LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

49ers sign OT Sam Young

Shop Find 49ers gear online
PER PFT
Decent backup veteran OT who has started at Left and Right Tackle
given the injury to Coleman and how poor the back-up lineman looked Saturday night, he was a decent shot at making the roster.
Is he as bad as Erik Pears or Garry Gilliam? Thats the real question
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
given the injury to Coleman and how poor the back-up lineman looked Saturday night, he was a decent shot at making the roster.

He's already a lock.

45.8 PFF grade. Our type of depth signing. Anyone know anything about him?
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 12, 2019 at 7:29 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

He's already a lock.

Dammit. I thought at least he's better than gilliam

He's already a lock.

Very true. Happy he is here over Gilliam. Wash, rinse, repeat with Gilliam in pass blocking.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

He's already a lock.

Dammit. I thought at least he's better than Gilliam

Old fart.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Is he as bad as Erik Pears or Garry Gilliam? Thats the real question

Don't expect much. Based on what I've seen over the years, barely any better. Hopefully he never has to play.
Then again most teams don't have a top 5 tackle tandem as well as a serviceable backup. Not on the front office in this case

Then again most teams don't have a top 5 tackle tandem as well as a serviceable backup. Not on the front office in this case

You can't blame the FO for this one. Coleman is a solid T who we've been developing for 2 years in this system. You can question his overall talent should he have to play in place of either Staley or McGlinchey but not the plan. He's a big loss and we're paper thin now.
I'm still hoping that Skule shows enough over the next 3 games to win the job.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm just happy they didn't re-sign Gary Gilliam.

You can't blame the FO for this one. Coleman is a solid T who we've been developing for 2 years in this system. You can question his overall talent should he have to play in place of either Staley or McGlinchey but not the plan. He's a big loss and we're paper thin now.

Solid post NC!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm just happy they didn't re-sign Gary Gilliam.

Pft. You can't even spell his name right. You're missing at least 6 "r's"
Share 49ersWebzone