There are 144 users in the forums

Podcast Interview Jerry Glanville on Kaepernick and Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
This is from the UK Sky Sports : http://feeds.feedburner.com/NflukInsideTheHuddleAudio

Some really good dynamite stuff from Jerry Glanville and he's incredibly complementary, summary of his points below, his interview starts at 34:00mins (it's a riot) and the 49ers/Seahawks stuff from around 48:30, Kap and Harbaugh stuff from 51:30 :

• The NFC Championship game was the Superbowl
  • The only reason the 49ers lost is because they didn't have homefield advantage
  • The only reason we didn't have home field advantage is because the coaches stopped Kap from running during the regular season to save it for the play--offs, possibly scared off from the RG3 incident
  • There are only 2 great QB coaches alive today, June Jones and Jim Harbaugh. He did a coaching/speaking tour with Harbaugh for college/high school coaches sponsored by Nike.
  • From that, Kap could have gone to 10-12 other teams and no one would know he was in the NFL, it's the fit at the 49ers with Harbaugh that is so critical.
  • His Coaching attitude is about the smash mouth, pysical football etc, only sees that in Niners and Seahawks
  • Says he knows smash-mouth football is not Pete Carrol, Pete couldn't watch that style, so he must have hired the right coaches.

I think it's a very interesting insight and well worth a listen for some insight from a coaches perspective.
[ Edited by Buchy on Feb 3, 2014 at 2:07 AM ]
Nothin against the op,but saw the name Jerry Glanville,rolled my eyes.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jan 22, 2014 at 8:47 AM ]
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:

Yeah, couldn't stand him as a HC!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Jerry is old school.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jim Jones? I think you mean June Jones and not surprising he would say that since they coached together in Houston, Atlanta & Hawaii. So kind of a bias opinion.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 22, 2014 at 9:11 AM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jim Jones? I think you mean June Jones and not surprising he would say that since they coached together in Houston, Atlanta & Hawaii. So kind of a bias opinion.

Evidently the same Jim Jones that founded the Peoples Temple cult is still alive and a great QB coach.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
lol. Glanville.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by boast:
lol. Glanville.

this. dudes an idiot.
What's a Kapernick?
Glanville's "Man in Black" dress code w/the cowboy boots - he's definitely unique.

Glanville could be an arrogant ass, but he got way more out of that Falcons team than the talent they had - especially at QB.
i'd take him back at UH.
But does Jerry still but two tickets to NFL games for Elvis..?
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:

Yeah, couldn't stand him as a HC!

We're you in the states 25-30 years ago? How much nfl coverage was there in england back then?
"California Trophy," lol

This clown made some big whack trophy back in 1992 for going 6-0 against "California teams" and thought he would parade it around candlestick if i recall correctly. Young, Rick, and Watters and company came out and smashed the Falcons 56-17.

Ahh back in the day when we absolutely smashed teams.
Share 49ersWebzone