LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

If you could pick 10 current 49ers to keep long term, who are those 10?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kap
V.Davis
Crabtree
Bowman
Eric Reid
Tank
Brock
Dorsey
Aldon
Brooks
Kap
Aldon
Crabtree
Bowman
Iupati
V Davis
Boone
Staley
Reid
Culliver
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
It would be interesting to hear why folks picked who they picked. Is it best player, best athlete, best all around, best character guys? My list was character, in prime or moving into it, and hardest to replace. That's why Kaepernick, Reid and the LBs were all among my pick. J Smith is just too good to miss a list...but then he is closer to retirement than many.

Bowman- Perfect player to build a defense around, he's smart, tough (mentally and physically), a natural born leader and very humble. He's the best defensive player in football PERIOD. I don't even think it's up for debate, he is highly effective at every aspect on defense (pass rush, run d, pass d). One could argue that if you did a 2010 redraft that he would be the number one pick.

Kap- In a redraft he would easily be the second QB, if not number one overall (yes even over Cam). I'm very surprised that players like Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder got drafted before Kap, especially when you consider he was the first NCAA player to pass for 10,000 yards and run for 4,000. My only debate would be that he needs to get a little tougher mentally, stop listening to critics and play to his strengths.

Willis- Do I even need to explain this??? No to mention he would go higher than he did in a redraft.

Aldon- In a redraft he would be a top 5 pick even with his DUI concerns. I want to see him keep his nose clean but as far as his production on the field and what he brings to the table you can't ask for anymore.

Reid- Smart, tough, physical, disciplined... what else can you ask for out of a safety? Easily a top 10 or maybe even top 5 player in a redraft.

Crabtree- It's crazy to believe that he would go higher than the original 10 spot that he was drafted at in a redraft, but that shows two things; A. How bad that draft was and B. How lucky we are that he fell to us. I think he can become a better WR than he is now once you consider he has suffered a setback every year (hold out, inury, lockout, injury, etc.)

Vernon- ANOTHER player who turned out to be one of the best in his draft class, and has improved every year as a pro in my opinion.

Brooks- LOL. We didn't even draft this guy, but I'm sure he would easily be a first rounder in a redraft.

Boone- ANOTHER unbelievable draft steal and player who turned his life around. Most versatile lineman on the squad.

Davis- Not really high on him but tackles are hard to find, and he really has improved every year that he has been in the league.
Bowman
Willis
Reid
Brooks
Smith

Kaep
Crabs
A. Davis
Staley
Boone
  1. Kaepernick (duh)
  2. Ahmad Books (beast)
  3. Aldon (beast)
  4. Willis (no brainer)
  5. Bowman (best ILB in football)
  6. Reid (rising star)
  7. Staley (hard to find a LT)
  8. Iupati (top 3 guard)
  9. Brock (rising star)
  10. Vernon (defenses always have to account for him no matter what)

None of our WRs are "elite," Gore is on the decline, Hunter is good to mix up but not an every down back, LMJ isn't the answer, and Lattimore is a huge question mark.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Aldon Smith is our most valuable young asset

Aldon is the beast of beasts.
This list accounts for age...

Kaepernick
Boone
Bowman
Willis
A Smith
Reid
Staley
Crabtree
V Davis

10th I want to say Brooks but already have the other 3 LBs so I'll go with Ray Mac, Dorsey, or Culliver.
Share 49ersWebzone