LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Even if no one picks up Roman, Gary Kubiak for OC anyone? Or who do you want?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
kubiak
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
kubiak

So you want us to run a completely new offense and one Jim Harbaugh has no desire to run? Makes sense!
David Shaw
  • dara
  • Veteran
Hire from within. Geep Chryst or maybe Tom Rathman.
  • dara
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
David Shaw

It doesn't really make sense for Shaw to come here and be a coordinator.

Remember when Harbaugh was first hired there were reports that Stanford would hire either Roman or Shaw as their HC, and Harbaugh would take the other (that wasn't hired) as his OC? Shaw could've been the coordinator if he wanted to.
Originally posted by kujon11:
Man, a lot of good mangini did

Yeah WTF That was a waste of Money by Balke. Diffrent year same result in the very last game.
Stanford OC Mike Bloomgren
Roman just isn't very good. He has no history of doing anything before Harbaugh hired him from his high school coaching position in 2008. He is over his head, certainly there are better candidates out there. Harbaugh has hired great coaches for most of his staff, esp. DB's LB's DL, OL, RB coaches are all very strong. But the weak link is the offensive scheme and coordinator. I don't know who is best to hire, but there must be several better OC's than Roman out there.
[ Edited by maxsmart on Jan 22, 2014 at 12:43 AM ]
Let Harbs do it. Only way to know if roman really is to blame.
Kap needs to get better, so does the blocking in general. If you are going to run as much as we did, you have to have a line that can open up holes against the top defenses. Our online was shaky and overrated most of the year. We need a stronger center and Iupati needs to get his s**t together.

Originally posted by maxsmart:
Roman just isn't very good. He has no history of doing anything before Harbaugh hired him from his high school coaching position in 2008. He is over his head, certainly there are better candidates out there. Harbaugh has hired great coaches for most of his staff, esp. DB's LB's DL, OL, RB coaches are all very strong. But the weak link is the offensive scheme and coordinator. I don't know who is best to hire, but there must be several better OC's than Roman out there.

Now this just isn't accurate. He was coaching high school in 2008 but its not like the guy hasn't been a long term NFL assistant since back in the mid-90's. He's been around the block but he was always an OL coach or a TE coach, an offensive assistant, nothing I've seen from him indicates that he understands the importance of developing a rhythm for an offense to move the ball up and down the field consistently.
I would love to have Kubiak as OC, but I'm afraid we're stuck with Roman, for at least one more season. Roman was just sorry enough not to get a head coaching job and just good enough not to be fired. I hope Roman gets better, but he has not proved in three seasons that he can make the proper adjustments if his game plan isn't working.

On the bright side, we are still a very good team, and Kaep is only going to get better. Hopefully he can makeup for Roman's short-comings.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Let Harbs do it. Only way to know if roman really is to blame.

Harbaugh already has a hard time managing the game, adding play calling to his many sideline duties isn't the answer. I love it when I hear fans say, "Harbaugh, can change the play if he doesn't like it". How do you know that he isn't already doing just that, that is if there's any time left to make a change? More than likely he gets the call, doesn't like it, but there's only 12 seconds left on the play clock.

Easier said than done.
[ Edited by vermonator on Jan 22, 2014 at 7:36 AM ]
Everyone's favorite coordinator always seems to be the next one.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Harbaugh already has a hard time managing the game, adding play calling to his many sideline duties isn't the answer. I love it when I hear fans say, "Harbaugh, can change the play if he doesn't like it" How do you know that he isn't already doing just that, that is if there's any time left to make a change? More than likely he gets the call, doesn't like it, but there's only 12 seconds left on the play clock.

Easier said than done.

I always thought Harbs was doing the play calling whenever he put on his glasses on the side lines
Share 49ersWebzone