LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Even if no one picks up Roman, Gary Kubiak for OC anyone? Or who do you want?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Even if Romin
sorry but i think the best fit to replace roman is off the board. Norv Turner. face it folks Roman is staying.
Roman needs to leave just for the fact he doesn't run screens or slants or any RB out of the backfield stuff true WCO plays.... And our o is predictable
I get the Anti roman talk. But we had no weapons for over half the season, then the weapon we got back was a not close to 100% Crabtree.

Next season we will have:

100% healthy crabtree
hopefully boldin
patton with a full training camp
Vernon
Lattimore/Gore/Hunter
Rookie WR with some speed (ideally)

Our offense was nice in kap's first season, not so great this year without good weapons. I would like to see how it is with a healthy arsenal to start the season.

People seem to forget how much Crabtree meant to this team.
[ Edited by jeffjtk123 on Jan 21, 2014 at 5:56 PM ]
Only way Roman is leaving is if he's offered a head coaching job, and it doesn't look like that's going to happen - and what does that tell ya?
Originally posted by jeffjtk123:
I get the Anti roman talk. But we had no weapons for over half the season, then the weapon we got back was a not close to 100% Crabtree.

100% healthy crabtree
hopefully boldin
Vernon
Lattimore/Gore/Hunter

Our offense was nice in kap's first season, not so great this year without good weapons. I would like to see how it is with a healthy arsenal to start the season.

He definitely meant a lot, but until we start incorporating ways to stop opponents from sending the house, I think this offense will struggle.
Originally posted by jeffjtk123:

100% healthy crabtree
hopefully boldin
Vernon
Lattimore/Gore/Hunter

the offensive production is MUCH MORE with him in there...if we had a burner i think that would fit perfectly (the guy from OSU?) got some chips to trade up if nessecary, but we need a top corner moving foward
Originally posted by ninerhippy:
Would Kubiak turn the niners into a zone blocking team?

Also, we can't underestimate the loss of Crabs, that injury really put us behind the eight ball when it came to developing the passing attack. It might have forced the coaching staff to keep things more vanilla and to dictate the offense more

Good point...everything was stunted due to the adjustment period of Kaep and Boldin and the absence of Crabtree...It seemed that the passing game earlier in the season favored short passing to Boldin and deep play action passes to V. Davis...I would be totally ok with letting Boldin walk and bringing in a burner at receiver or making Boldin the 3rd wideout.
One of my favorite offenses was New England's 2011 O with its double TE sets. Vernon is top notch and I'm hoping McDonald can make strides. I'm hoping we can incorporate some of their philosophies.
the system is perfect the way it is designed.

the guy just can't call plays in game situations

so fire him from play calling
but keep each and every play.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
At this point I'd even take back Greg Knapp.

But TBH, Roman is going to stick... Harbs and crew have unfinished biz to take care of and still believes they have the right pieces / enough pieces to get the job done. Harbs may want to keep everything intact as it is and make another run at it.

Changes (from within) will happen... Kap will learn, he and Roman will figure it out. Harbs will stress (offense) more than anything and we get (FINALLY) that 6th ring in Super Bowl 49 ers
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

This is a big part of it for me. Too often is there repetition and predictability, lack of adjustments and creativity, under-utilized talent...after three seasons I would have to wonder if Roman will ever learn.
Man, a lot of good mangini did
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

I agree. The plays are there but play calling is turrible.

I think Harb should call plays but I dunno if he will. Its obvious that something needs to change on offense but I dunno if a change will be made.

Our offense has been far below average for the better part of 3 years. If we have any chance at a SB we need an above average offense. I know crabs was down but we still had talent on this team not being used. Nothing has changed on offense except for Kap bring put in and that helped a bit. We need something else to change to get us over the hump.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
johnnydel
Share 49ersWebzone