There are 135 users in the forums

Even if no one picks up Roman, Gary Kubiak for OC anyone? Or who do you want?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by redrazer45:
shanahan.......

he got steve young to get 6 tds in sb 29

do any of you youngsters know that ? Look it up !

lol...

1st off, he would never accept anything less than the HC position. Also, the second we lose because we botched something on offense, he throw our own players under the bus before he took any blame. Plus, he's almost 20 years past his prime.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Jan 21, 2014 at 4:02 PM ]
Why wouldn't NYJ take Roman?........Basically, we are the Rex Ryan Jets before their defense went to s**t.....
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
if no team takes Roman off our hands, then I'm sorry I'm ready to move on.

you may be but Harbaugh isn't

Bingo. Harbaugh won't fire Roman and to be honest, I don't hate Roman's play calling. Kap needs to continue to develop as a pocket passer and we need to give him more speed on the outside to throw to. Once we have that, the running game will be more effective and Roman will look like a genius. The good news is this year's draft is very deep at WR so there's no excuse not to land a top flight guy.
Would you hire Roman after Sunday's game?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
shanahan.......

++
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Why wouldn't NYJ take Roman?........Basically, we are the Rex Ryan Jets before their defense went to s**t.....

lolwut?
shanahan.......

It's been a long time since those 6 but I find merit in looking at what is different from the 5 championship teams and the previous 3. Among other common denominators is RB who are factors in the passing game. Craig, Rathman, Waters, Flyod...enormous part of those offenses. Yes, Craig and Waters were unique receiving talents that don't come along everyday but Rathman caught a ridiculous number of balls in '89 for a FB. Floyd caught his share too...those skills were developed over time. And we're just fortunate enough to have one of those guys on our staff right now!

2nd and 6 is dream for us when our running game is giving us 2nd and 9. It gets a young QB in a rhythm and gives some confidence. Would I be surprised if LMJ moved onto another team and caught 50 balls? No way. Lattimore caught a few balls in college. Hunter is capable.

If we are going to have a new OC, I would love to have backs involved.

Kaepernick's been the weak link on the offense, yes, but he's not nearly as bad as Mark Sanchez come on guy.
Originally posted by biggiep:

Kaepernick's been the weak link on the offense, yes, but he's not nearly as bad as Mark Sanchez come on guy.

I never said Kap was Sanchez.....you did..........I was referring to the boring and safe Marty Schottenheimer style of "field position" ball.....The run game becomes predictable.....the RB's goes up against 8 or 9 in the box.......which turns a QB into a game manager...meaning any turnovers spell doom......we only scored 3 TDs in 12 quarters of football vs SEA......why? cause we lack creativity and failed to take chances until it was too late......answer this question, do you ever see our offense have this body language that seems to say "f**k!, not this play AGAIN?" I see it a lot......
[ Edited by vamphunter23 on Jan 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM ]
kubiak as OC would be badass but harbaugh wont s**t can roman. hes too stubborn and loyal for that

John Harbaugh realized his OC was the missing link... made a change half way through the season.. then they won the Superbowl that year. Jim needs to learn something from his older bro.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Nobody. Keep Roman for the simple fact that the players that have been drafted were drafted for this system. Our O-line, receivers and so on. What we need is a deep threat receiver like a Julio Jones type. What good is changing the coordinator if we don't have decent weapons on the outside
Shanahan... um.. yeah, I can see him going back to being an OC. After being a HC for nearly 2 decades and winning 2 SBs.

Also, IMO, I wouldn't want him anyway. I don't believe that Shanahan does not have the personality to work with the players of today.
Would Kubiak turn the niners into a zone blocking team?

Also, we can't underestimate the loss of Crabs, that injury really put us behind the eight ball when it came to developing the passing attack. It might have forced the coaching staff to keep things more vanilla and to dictate the offense more
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
kubiak as OC would be badass but harbaugh wont s**t can roman. hes too stubborn and loyal for that

I like the idea of Kubiak, but if he were here, he wouldn't be for long.

I wonder if Rathman would get a shot, or even if he would want it. I think he would have a great mind to install a passing attack similar to Walsh. Mainly because he was such a huge cog in the Walsh years, and knows that offense inside and out.
Share 49ersWebzone