LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

The Seattle losses all fit the same pattern in recent years.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Ok. You need a better record than them to get the division win and homefield advantage. You have to figure 8 - 0 at home for them or at least 7 - 1. AZ beat them this year 1 game but it was shocking and unusual. They lost 1 game up there in 2 years ever. That's an amazing advantage IMO.

If you start out 8 - 0 from homefield advantage all you need to do is split the rest of your games 4 - 4 to get to 12 - 4. Or go 5 - 3 to get to 13 - 3. They are likely to have monstrous records for years to come. At least half of your away games got to be weak teams. So figure 4 - 4 at worst. Results in 12 - 4 at worst. We got to be 14 - 2 or 15 - 1 to beat them. That's really asking a lot. A lot!.....

Give me a break. You know how many games they barely pulled out by the skin of their teeth? They easily could have had another 3 or 4 losses meanwhile 49ers lost some absurdly close games this season. They had a tremendous amount of luck at times, just like with that pass deflection into Smith's waiting hands but luck is fleeting, I think people remember the luck the 49ers had in the 2011 season at times, over time it does balance out. Their free agent situation is a lot a lot more dire than the 49ers. McDonald and several of their defensive linemen are all free agents, they are already right up against the cap as it is so there will be some cap casualties.

Basically, this season, they did what the 49ers did in 1994, loaded up to the gills with players they couldn't afford long-term to make a run at winning a Superbowl. The 49ers went up and played them as closely as they did, even with the b******t reffing and the turnovers and were in it until the last seconds. Psychologically that is a huge departure from getting ripped a new one when going up there. I think 49ers have the confidence that they can go up there and beat them. For next season, the 49ers are in better shape at least and as long as the injury issues can be kept at bay, they'll have a very good season.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 22, 2014 at 6:32 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Ok. You need a better record than them to get the division win and homefield advantage. You have to figure 8 - 0 at home for them or at least 7 - 1. AZ beat them this year 1 game but it was shocking and unusual. They lost 1 game up there in 2 years ever. That's an amazing advantage IMO.

If you start out 8 - 0 from homefield advantage all you need to do is split the rest of your games 4 - 4 to get to 12 - 4. Or go 5 - 3 to get to 13 - 3. They are likely to have monstrous records for years to come. At least half of your away games got to be weak teams. So figure 4 - 4 at worst. Results in 12 - 4 at worst. We got to be 14 - 2 or 15 - 1 to beat them. That's really asking a lot. A lot!.....

Give me a break. You know how many games they barely pulled out by the skin of their teeth? They easily could have had another 3 or 4 losses meanwhile 49ers lost some absurdly close games this season. They had a tremendous amount of luck at times, just like with that pass deflection into Smith's waiting hands but luck is fleeting, I think people remember the luck the 49ers had in the 2011 season at times, over time it does balance out. Their free agent situation is a lot a lot more dire than the 49ers. McDonald and several of their defensive linemen are all free agents, they are already right up against the cap as it is so there will be some cap casualties.

Basically, this season, they did what the 49ers did in 1994, loaded up to the gills with players they couldn't afford long-term to make a run at winning a Superbowl. The 49ers went up and played them as closely as they did, even with the b******t reffing and the turnovers and were in it until the last seconds. Psychologically that is a huge departure from getting ripped a new one when going up there. I think 49ers have the confidence that they can go up there and beat them. For next season, the 49ers are in better shape at least and as long as the injury issues can be kept at bay, they'll have a very good season.

I hope that is correct. I'd like to see them lose some FA's.
Lets not forget how many fumbled punt returns can one coaching regime have in NFC Championship games?? LMJ has zero excuses for that blunder. The niners where lucky to recover that
~ Allow big kickoff and punt returns that kill us on field position. Sometimes Baldwin and sometimes other guys.<<Green Bay was awesome in this game.
~ Tip ball up into air that could be interception that results in big completion for Seahawks. Eric Reid early in the game. I've seen this before in the other games.
~ Frank Gore completely ineffective.
~ Vernon Davis completely disappears.
~ We can't pass worth a darn vs. the Seahawks. Almost completely ineffective. Kaep did have some success running the ball in this game which he normally can't do either.
~ Almost a complete inability of the offense to move the ball at all. Kaep was able to run in this game but we could not do much else.
~ Always a long broken run by Marshawn Lynch. Usually all the way to the endzone. I can't believe how many times I have seen this.
~ Always Richard "thug" Sherman makes a big, big play. Key tip or interception of the game. Tip in this game. Interception on Vernon Davis running down the sideline in a past game. He always makes a huge influential play. Everytime we play them it seems.
~ Too many turnovers by our QB.
~ Russell Wilson scrambling around in circles for 5 minutes and being impossible to track down or sack and throwing a "backyard football" 50 yard bomb on us. Unplanned and not drawn up. Seriously he does this in every game to us at least once.

** Defense always plays their hearts out and plays pretty well keeping us in the game. But offense lets them down big time by not doing their part.

This is SEATTLE SPECIFIC and I'm not only talking about season ending losses like the other thread. Regular season too. Just SEATTLE and why they keep beating us head to head.

When you compare this analysis to what happened today there's a lot of similarities especially in regards to what led to the GB breakdown at the end.
Share 49ersWebzone