LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

The Seattle losses all fit the same pattern in recent years.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
despite ALL that, we still were in position to win.
the last 2 losses were carnivals, especially the 1st one. i dont see this loss as fitting in with those at all. only thing the same was that we didnt win.
not scoring a td after the first play of the game killed us
Originally posted by wailers15:
not scoring a td after the first play of the game killed us

having the additional 4 points sure would have been nice. but it didnt kill us. we later went up 10-0 and 17-10. that first drive didnt kill anything.
I'm a hawk fan and let me give some outside perspective.

Niners have only lost 3 times in a row at Clink, Hawks have lost 8 times in a Row at Stick.

After the 42-13 game, each consecutive game has gotten closer and closer. Did CK despite the previous 2 turnovers not have a chance to win this game?

As a Niner fan I wouldn't be too concerned about winning at Clink.

However, as a Niner fan I WOULD be concerned about winning at home, because the past two Seahawk games have also been close at the Stick. I think the first game the Hawks lost by 6, and this last game was only by 2 points.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners and Hawks go 1-1 year after year. Hell you guys might even beat us at Clink next year BUT we end up beating you at Levis.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I'm a hawk fan and let me give some outside perspective.

Niners have only lost 3 times in a row at Clink, Hawks have lost 8 times in a Row at Stick.

After the 42-13 game, each consecutive game has gotten closer and closer. Did CK despite the previous 2 turnovers not have a chance to win this game?

As a Niner fan I wouldn't be too concerned about winning at Clink.

However, as a Niner fan I WOULD be concerned about winning at home, because the past two Seahawk games have also been close at the Stick. I think the first game the Hawks lost by 6, and this last game was only by 2 points.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners and Hawks go 1-1 year after year. Hell you guys might even beat us at Clink next year BUT we end up beating you at Levis.

its 5 but thanks for coming
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
If we can all agree on two things:

49er OL > Seahawks OL in run blocking
49er front 7 > Seahawk front 7 for run defense

Then the fact that Lynch constantly is 4-5 ypc against our defense while Gore can maybe get 1 or 2 of those runs the entire game means Lynch is clearly superior at this point. About the only thing Gore is better at at this point maybe is breaking off a sole long run based on pure vision alone, and that is happening less and less each year.

Either Seattle's front 7 is better than we want to believe it is or the 9er's OL needs some scrutiny because there were very few holes to run through in that game. The OL rarely opened up holes that any RB could run through in the last game.

That being said, I'd cut Gore to save whatever cap space $ (blasphemy, I know) and go with whoever emerges between Lattimore, Hunter, and drafted RB. It's just time to get younger at that position.
Originally posted by stimpy:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
If we can all agree on two things:

49er OL > Seahawks OL in run blocking
49er front 7 > Seahawk front 7 for run defense

Then the fact that Lynch constantly is 4-5 ypc against our defense while Gore can maybe get 1 or 2 of those runs the entire game means Lynch is clearly superior at this point. About the only thing Gore is better at at this point maybe is breaking off a sole long run based on pure vision alone, and that is happening less and less each year.

Either Seattle's front 7 is better than we want to believe it is or the 9er's OL needs some scrutiny because there were very few holes to run through in that game. The OL rarely opened up holes that any RB could run through in the last game.

That being said, I'd cut Gore to save whatever cap space $ (blasphemy, I know) and go with whoever emerges between Lattimore, Hunter, and drafted RB. It's just time to get younger at that position.

they have a good front 7, we have a good o-line. the #1 thing that gets f**ked up in seattle is the o-line. that d-line gets off quick and the o-line is a half second behind cus they cant hear the snap.
It's called the Niners have no speed in the secondary and no speed at WR.
Originally posted by dj43:
Seattle is just a better team overall. It isn't a big gap but it is enough so that we have to play a near perfect game to beat them in their place. Little room in our house either.

The big difference is their secondary makes us one-dimensional. We can't pass against them so they load the box and take away our running game. They CAN pass against us and have beaten us with backup WRs. We need bigger, better CBs.

There is also a small advantage for them at QB. If/when Kaepernick develops as a passer, we should be able to close down some. However, Wilson will also be on an up arrow as well. Harbaugh will need to do his very best whispering to CK if we are to close the gap.

Lynch is Lynch. For my money, he is the best RB in the game, Shady notwithstanding. He just pounds and pounds and eventually takes off. You have to limit him where you can but in the end, our offense needs to improve to be able to match Lynch's scoring contributions. That is not going to be easy.

I agree with a lot of these.

Originally posted by Stanley:
Big plays, that's how they beat us....that's the only way they beat us.

They do it everytime. So how do we prevent it?
You forgot about Seattle injuring our players.
Originally posted by JoeisGod:
All the more reason to win home field advantage.

Well you got a team that is likely to go 8 - 0 at home year in and year out. You just have to go 4 - 4 to get to 12 - 4. And you play some weak teams on the road. We will need pretty awesome records over the years to beat them.
Originally posted by verb1der:
You forgot about Seattle injuring our players.

We get banged up badly when we go there it seems. That has been the recent past history at least.
First off I want to say the 49ers are one of the best teams in the NFL. This has to do with Harbaugh Baldwin & Sherman
Doug Baldwin 106 yards receiving and returned a kickoff 69 yards.

Sherman
A Sports Illustrated profile of Sherman traces his dislike of Harbaugh to a suspension in 2007, when he was the team's leading wide receiver. Senior receiver Evan Moore challenged Sherman on the sideline to control his emotions, prompting a shoving match, and Harbaugh suspended Sherman for the following game. He caught just one pass for five yards the remainder of the season. Sherman redshirted 2008 because of a left-knee injury, fell down the depth chart and called home, wondering if he should transfer. "You're going to leave Stanford for some rinky-dink school just because you want to play football and don't get along with some coach?" (his mother) Beverly asked, incredulous. "No. You go make it happen." Harbaugh was in charge of the offense but delegated defensive duties, so Sherman texted the coach and asked to switch to cornerback. We'll probably be hearing a lot more about this story line over the next two weeks.
One pass for 5 yards the whole season

Baldwin
"My junior year, I was actually going to transfer," Baldwin said. "I had the transfer papers already filled out on my behalf, and I was very close. Basically, it came down to whether my mother was going to let me do it or not." Mom said no, so Baldwin stuck it out and posted career highs with 58 catches for 857 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior in 2010, Harbaugh's final season before the 49ers hired him.
"There's nothing against him, nothing personal. It's just a guy that coached me through college, and you want to show him that I'm as good as I think I am."

2011 6th round draft Ronald Johnson WR **** USC

Is it karma that Baldwin & Sherman were the 2 most important factors in seattles win over the 49ers?
Was it Harbaugh decision to try make the last play against Sherman?
[ Edited by clearmind on Jan 21, 2014 at 11:06 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone